TX TX - Madisonville, UnkFem 2-6, UP15905, feeding tube, in suitcase, clothes, blankets, Sep'16

matou

#los2188
Reaction score
According to authorities, no signs of trauma -- including tool marks -- were found on the decomposed body, which was found in a container behind a bush along the side of I-45 Saturday by a rancher who was mowing. Madison County Sheriff Travis Neeley estimates the remains had been out there for "possibly several months."

Neeley also says there are some aspects of the crime, like the fact that it was right off the interstate, that lead him to think this wasn't a killing in his county. There are no persons of interest at this point. He said this case would be difficult to solve, partly because of how badly the girl's body was decomposed.

http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Ne...s-body-found-in-Madison-County-394024081.html

According to the Madison County Sheriff's Office, the child's race has not been determined in the initial testing by the Southwestern Institute of Forensic Science in Dallas. A medical device used with feeding tubes was found inside the girl, and the skeletal frame was underdeveloped. Manufacturing information on that medical equipment will be used as part of the investigation.

http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Ne...s-body-found-in-Madison-County-394024081.html

So the little girl had a medical problem. What could have happened.

I presume this isn't a kidnap victim, or LE would have known about her.
So, if it's the parents or a caregiver and she died accidentally why would they dump her by the side of the road? Is it because they couldn't afford a funeral/burial? And if not, why not at least bury her?

If she was negligently allowed to die, then this might explain the situation. They didn't want to get in trouble.
Maybe they couldn't handle the strain anymore of the medical bills and didn't get her adequate treatment.
Maybe the parents were convinced by someone that there was a better way to go that working with the traditional medical system.
Maybe a caregiver caved under the pressure of raising an unhealthy child and killed her in frustration.
Maybe they thought the child was it too much pain and they were going to take the pain away completely.
Maybe a wacko single mother met a guy, and realized that he wouldn't have a serious relationship with her as long as she had a sickly child. (Horrible thought, but similar things have happened before.)

In any case, surely the medical info will be pursued through the medical community and will be the lead that solves the case.

The 'device' is probably a Mic-Key low profile gastrostomy 'button'. Lots of kids have them for lots of reasons. Extremely premature infants who are chronically ill as a result. Certain birth defects in which swallowing is impaired or impossible. Prolonged time on a ventilator. Genetic disorders.

The likelihood of tracing a child through any type of serial number is low. The device is changed out by the parent or a home care nurse monthly.

There is a thriving 'black market' (not really illegal- I just can't think of a better term) of parents of special needs children who buy/sell/trade no longer needed equipment. Lest you think there is some element of cheating involved- that is seldom the case. For example, a former patient of mine was weaned from the ventilator after two years on one at home. Mom had thousands of dollars worth of unused disposable tubing circuits. Now you'd think the company that supplied them would just take them back. But no- once Medicaid pays for it- it belongs to the client, whether they are able to use it or not. So this trading network evolved.

IMHO- THAT is where LE should start looking. Among the network of special needs parents out there. See who has stopped posting about their child on FB. Who no longer comes to support group meetings.

Is it possible that the age of the child is wrong? Could it be someone a lot older?
I know there's a disabled girl in the missing page. As per the case she disappeared in the middle of the night. However she's into her teens.
Something to keep on the back my mind.
I hope they find out who this child is. My heart breaks for them. This is such a sad case. Heartbreaking.

RIP little girl.

Is it possible that the age of the child is wrong? Could it be someone a lot older?
I know there's a disabled girl in the missing page. As per the case she disappeared in the middle of the night. However she's into her teens.
Something to keep on the back my mind.
I hope they find out who this child is. My heart breaks for them. This is such a sad case. Heartbreaking.

RIP little girl.

I immediately thought of Aleah Beckerle too. But she's 19, and I think the age discrepancy eliminates her as a possibility.

I do think that the age range could possibly be higher, depending on what they used to determine the age range in the first place. (Being a child with obvious medical problems, they may have already stretched the range to accommodate. Like, say they were really pretty sure she was 2 or 3, but thought, we'd better go up to 5, just in case. It would be nice to know a little more on that.)

I didn't find this, but sometimes I miss stuff- Did they mention whether or not any clothing items were found? I'm also curious what side of the road she was found on. Were they northbound or southbound on 45? I wonder why they chose that place.

If this was a case where a parent thought they were ending a child's suffering out of love, I would think they would find a final resting place with some meaning. I would think a pretty place, like the ocean, maybe? Or a peaceful forest? Not off the side of the highway. But I don't know, just thinking out loud.

One other thing I've been pondering: The location this poor child was dumped at leads me to believe the adults don't think her absence will be noticed. We've seen cases where a death is unreported so the guardian could keep receiving benefits. If that were the case, you'd think they would consider a better hiding place than the side of the highway. So, I am guessing this child does not have a lot of connections like extended family, special pre-school, rehab services, frequent medical contacts, etc. Or, is originally from a place so far from this location, they think no one will make the connection.

I keep thinking about this little girl. Hoping we can give her back her name. Maybe after they do a composite sketch of her...that's helped in other cases. That, and family or friends coming forward.

I wonder if Dr. Derrick will get an opportunity to be involved? She has already been working Smurfette's case.

I am also interested in which side of 45 her body was found. If the southbound side she may have come from Dallas or further north. Northbound - could be as far south as Galveston. Assuming they stayed on one highway. My toddler son has a GI disorder and I'm on several FB sites. There are tons out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A quick thought because the circumstances seem to line up a bit.

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1279365

Kimberly Lopez

Missing Since Jul 1, 2015
Missing From Oxnard, CA
DOB Jun 17, 2012
Age Now 4
Sex Female
Race Hispanic
Hair Color Brown
Eye Color Brown
Height 3'0"
Weight 50 lbs

Kimberly was last seen on July 1, 2015. She may be in Mexico or one of the bordering states.

There is no mention of any medical issues, but I didn't search for much on Kimberly.

Here is the Namus link for this case.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/15905

Case Report - NamUs UP # 15905

Case Information
Status Unidentified
Case number 16-16341
Date found September 17, 2016 17:45

Demographics
Estimated age PreAdolescent
Minimum age 2 years
Maximum age 5 years
Race Unsure
Ethnicity
Sex Unsure
Weight (pounds) , Cannot Estimate
Height (inches) , Cannot Estimate

Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Probable year of death 2016 to 2016

Estimated postmortem interval 4 Months

Circumstances
Remains of a child found in a pasture next to highway.

Physical
Hair color Black
Hair color could also be brown

Left eye color Unknown or Missing
Right eye color Unknown or Missing

Medical
Medical implants
MIC-KEY G-tube

Fingerprints

Clothing and Accessories
No clothing or accessories
Clothing and accessories are described below
Clothing on body
Pink dress (size 4T, Brand "Mon Petit)) with colorfully embroidered butterflies and the words "Follow Your Dreams"

Size 4 Diaper - "Parent's Choice" brand

Other items found
with body
military issued camo shirt (desert digital pattern)
Silver child's bedspread
Grey adult sweatshirt
Small green blanket

Dental
Status: Dental information / charting is available and will be entered later
DNA

Images
There are currently no images available for this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back