NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
A Queens woman was found slain in a marshy area near Howard Beach after she went out for her evening jog Tuesday, law-enforcement sources said.

Karina Vetrano, 30, was reported missing by her father when she didn’t return from her regular run along the Belt Parkway’s bike path at about 5 p.m., according to the sources.

Shortly after her worried dad, a retired firefighter, called 911, police found the body of the St. John’s University graduate in the high-weeded area off 165th Avenue and 78th Street at about 10:30 p.m., the sources said.

Sources said a cause of death has not been determined, but she appeared to have been strangled and her jogging pants were pulled partway down.

more at the link

http://nypost.com/2016/08/03/jogger-murdered-after-evening-run-in-queens/

Those living nearby told reporters that 'hobos and bums' often congregate in the bushes just off the bike path.

One said there are 'shanty houses' nearby.
NYPD's Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce said on Wednesday that Vetrano's father told her not to run down the path.

attachment.php

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oing-evening-jog-near-New-York-City-home.html

"Running was one of Vetrano’s passions, Hartstein said. A passion she almost lost as a child.

She had surgery on both sides of her legs when she was young and doctors told her she would never run again.

'But she ran and she ran well,' Hartstein said. 'Every night she’d run the path with her father. She did it every day and it was her thing.'"

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...vid-runner-social-butterfly-article-1.2737784

NYPD called in the FBI for help because her body was found on federal parkland.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/karina-vetrano-put-up-ferocious-fight-murder-nypd-police/

The line of mourners for Karina Vetrano’s wake stretched out the door of a funeral home, past her teary-eyed dad and a huge floral butterfly — with a song from her favorite movie as the sad soundtrack.

[...]

Shortly before the wake, investigators recovered the missing sneaker and headphones Vetrano was wearing on the night of her death, police sources said. Both items will be tested for possible DNA or fingerprint evidence that could identify the killer, police sources said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...a-vetrano-manhunt-continues-article-1.2739756

On Friday police said the marsh area was overflown by a special FBI drone. Officers also used a special 360-degree camera to photograph the roads that Vetrano is believed to have traveled during her jog

http://www.newsday.com/news/new-yor...eras-to-investigate-jogger-s-death-1.12138106

Thread #1
Thread #2

Thank you for the new thread!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

There is an interesting photo circulating twitter, tweeted by some online media sites. It is all in Spanish and although I am half spanish I do not understand it =) A simple search using KVs name will bring it up. I cannot link here, but graphic warning: if you do decide to search. I do not know if it is real, maybe some photo experts here can view it and come to the conclusion. I hope it is not real, it would be horrible if the photo was leaked. I don't see how it could be leaked though.

There is an interesting photo circulating twitter, tweeted by some online media sites. It is all in Spanish and although I am half spanish I do not understand it =) A simple search using KVs name will bring it up. I cannot link here, but graphic warning: if you do decide to search. I do not know if it is real, maybe some photo experts here can view it and come to the conclusion. I hope it is not real, it would be horrible if the photo was leaked. I don't see how it could be leaked though.

Not finding anything??....

Miami Diario twitter from 1 day ago. It is on multiple twitters though. All are spanish sites.

I'm not sure. It looks like it could be real, but in the photo the teeth appear to be intact... the upper ones at least

Miami Diario twitter from 1 day ago. It is on multiple twitters though. All are spanish sites.

Even if not legit, it's sobering to look at because it's probably pretty spot on with what she looked like :(.

I hope they take the picture down, real or not. Saw it when it first came out, and gave it a miss.

Even if not legit, it's sobering to look at because it's probably pretty spot on with what she looked like :(.

Looks pretty authentic to me. Which is scary. Considering her father found her and the only other witnesses would have been EMS, NYPD and ME's office.

Posted 9/20. You have to keep scrolling; there are tons of tweets.

Less it 9/20? I searched on a search for yesterday and all I came up with was 2 days ago. All that was there was a pic of her in long workout pants with green tennis shoes stretching in front of a Mercedes....

Less it 9/20? I searched on a search for yesterday and all I came up with was 2 days ago. All that was there was a pic of her in long workout pants with green tennis shoes stretching in front of a Mercedes....
On that photo is another photo circled in red, bottom right hand corner.

Looks pretty authentic to me. Which is scary. Considering her father found her and the only other witnesses would have been EMS, NYPD and ME's office.

Looks authentic to me too, especially after comparing it to her photos - side views, etc. although the morbid photo appears to have a widow's peak (could be something else) and Karina doesn't appear to have one. Also, her eyebrows are a little thicker. Hey, I'm a girl so I notice these things. But either way - it's an exploitation and so very sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey i found this site because i had been following the tragedy as well since i had family in that area of queens and after just looking at that pic i dont think its real due to the hairline. besides how would a miami based twitter page get it b4 a NY page ? Also ive had 2 people tell me since the tragedy that they are told by people in the know that her father was involved with maffia. just somthing to think about. Wonder what will happen to the money if killer isnt found, also there are several odd things about this case..Father reports her missing at 7pm after a 5pm jog? Jumping the gun dont u think? JMO.. a few other things as well dont seem right..

That's a disturbing photo. I hope it is not real.

It looks like the person in the photo has blonde highlights or maybe ombre (two tone) hair colour? I've seen photos of KV with ombre (two tone) hair colour and photos of her with completely dark hair. To me it looks like her hair is ombre in the video footage:

View attachment 101760

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members