CONVICTION OVERTURNED TX - Angel Moreno, 11 mos, dies of head trauma, Brownsville, 31 Oct 2005

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A one-year-old boy has died after spending a day in critical condition at a Valley hospital and hours later Angel Moreno's mother and her boyfriend were charged with his death.

Charges against Acela Moreno and Manuel Velez, were upgraded from injury to a child to capital murder.

On Monday a neighbor reportedly heard the baby choking and called for help. When Cameron County sheriffs deputies arrived they found the baby unresponsive and without a pulse.

Investigators believe Velez shook the baby violently in a fit of anger. At the hospital nurses noticed the baby's body was covered in bite marks and cigarette burns.

http://www.team4news.com/Global/story.asp?S=4064807&nav=0w0v

that poor little baby. They should get the death penalty. They dont deserve to live. I dont understand how people can do things like this. They are the lowest of the low. Its horrible to think what that child must have gone through.

I hope that they get the death penalty by way of someone burning them with cigarettes, biting them and then kicking the everloving of out of them.

Oh dear! These stupid b@atards don't deserve a trial! They need to be sent straight to the death chamber......and have the switch flipped immediately. I volunteer to flip it myself. I feel like crying.:(

http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/ts_comments.php?id=P67912_0_10_0

A father who lost his only son to what doctors described as shaken baby syndrome asked authorities Thursday to spare his estranged wife’s life but demanded that she be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Baby Angel Moreno, 1, was rushed to the hospital Monday afternoon but died after doctors disconnected him from a ventilator Wednesday morning. Angel died just one day after his first birthday.

The child’s mother, Acela Rosalba Moreno, 25, and her boyfriend Manuel Velez, 40, each remain in custody under $350,000 in bonds. Both were charged with injury to a child and capital murder.

Officials with the Cameron County District Attorney’s Office said they are studying the case to see if they will ask for the death penalty.

Chavez said his estranged wife is now pregnant with Velez’s baby.

It just goes on and on. It is so disheartening. Where is the justice for children? Can we say...no...you won't be abused any longer....can we say...we will provide you with a loving home? Can we say that we will always be there for you? No, we can't to any of these questions. This is my sorrow and the children are left to deal with this and they are left to deal with life's tragedies without a core. The horror continues.

I'm all for public hangings!

As a hospital volunteer, I once had to take a baby to physical therapy for treatment of what was alleged to be a burn from spilled coffee. I was encouraged to hug the baby (with gown, etc.), as she sure needed it. The therapists told me it looked more like cigarette burns. What is the MATTER with people?

Casshew said:
A one-year-old boy has died after spending a day in critical condition at a Valley hospital and hours later Angel Moreno's mother and her boyfriend were charged with his death.

Charges against Acela Moreno and Manuel Velez, were upgraded from injury to a child to capital murder.

On Monday a neighbor reportedly heard the baby choking and called for help. When Cameron County sheriffs deputies arrived they found the baby unresponsive and without a pulse.

Investigators believe Velez shook the baby violently in a fit of anger. At the hospital nurses noticed the baby's body was covered in bite marks and cigarette burns.

http://www.team4news.com/Global/story.asp?S=4064807&nav=0w0v

Another boyfriend! Someone should tell young women that boyfriends are dangerous to the health of infants who are not biologically theirs. We see this over and over.

I'm glad to see that both face the death penalty if convicted.

SewingDeb said:
Another boyfriend! Someone should tell young women that boyfriends are dangerous to the health of infants who are not biologically theirs. We see this over and over.

I know this is a little off topic but...

I was talking with some women friends of mine in Jordan last summer. We were discussing the traditional Islamic law they have that, should there be a divorce, children live with the father. I had always thought that this was due to the Islamic kinship laws which state that children belong to their fathers' kin groups. Well, this is part of it, but the tradition is also intended to keep children -- especially girls -- out of the homes of non-kin males. Divorced women may remarry, but they are not allowed to have their children living with them so as to avoid the problem of step-fathers abusing those children. My friends, who are well-educated and well-traveled, are horrified at the number of American single moms who expose their children to potential abuses by strange men to satisfy their own personal needs. Reading all of the horrific cases that appear on Websleuths on a daily basis, I must agree.

nanandjim said:
I hope that they get the death penalty by way of someone burning them with cigarettes, biting them and then kicking the everloving of out of them.
---------------

Hi, I am sitting here thinking the same thing.I cant think of a person who would want to bite this scum but I am sure someone would loan a fighting PitBull to chew the chit out of them! They are below scum~not even human.I would be willing to set them on fire and club the piss out of them.A mother!! yeah right!!!

SewingDeb said:

-------------

Let us all pray for a conviction.

People like this make me so angry

36_1_28.gif

It's alway so heartbreaking to hear about. I just don't understand these "mothers". How can they just let this happen to their babies!! I'm glad I won't be on that jury, she's a dead beotch!!

Cypros said:
I know this is a little off topic but...

I was talking with some women friends of mine in Jordan last summer. We were discussing the traditional Islamic law they have that, should there be a divorce, children live with the father. I had always thought that this was due to the Islamic kinship laws which state that children belong to their fathers' kin groups. Well, this is part of it, but the tradition is also intended to keep children -- especially girls -- out of the homes of non-kin males. Divorced women may remarry, but they are not allowed to have their children living with them so as to avoid the problem of step-fathers abusing those children. My friends, who are well-educated and well-traveled, are horrified at the number of American single moms who expose their children to potential abuses by strange men to satisfy their own personal needs. Reading all of the horrific cases that appear on Websleuths on a daily basis, I must agree.

If the mother is not going to protect her children from her new partner, maybe she should have the sense to send the child to the father on her own. Guess that won't happen. : (

I just hope they get that child the mother is pregnant with out of her hands the second it's born!

deandaniellws said:
Oh dear! These stupid b@atards don't deserve a trial! They need to be sent straight to the death chamber......and have the switch flipped immediately. I volunteer to flip it myself. I feel like crying.:(

I feel like crying too. God Bless this poor baby's soul. :angel:

I wish I could be in a room with either of these monsters for five minutes to show them what pain is. :furious: I get totally enraged when I read things like this. I'm beginning to think people should be required to take parenting lessons and anger management courses before leaving hospitals with their children.

SewingDeb said:

If I'm ever single again, I will stay single. You are right SewingDeb, we see this over and over again. Are these women so hard up for a boyfriend that they will put their children at risk and date any guy that comes along? It's just sick.

Things like this are exactly the reason I never remarried. I raised my kids from the age of 3 and 4 by myself because I never trusted anybody else to not hurt them. This poor defenseless baby. What in the world possesses someone to do this to a child. I am so sick of seeing all the abuse going on in this world today. I would truly love to get ahold of these two myself and torture them like they did this poor baby. :( Death to both of them, a slow torturous one like they did to this little boy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back