1125 users online (209 members and 916 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Wow!
    I never thought this case was going to be resolved.
    We finally have a name! Amazing!
    Now...what happened in those two years before she became BST?
    And also...that note page still holds some answers, I think.
    If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make that change!
    Where is baby Sky Metalwala? Missing since 2011!

I'm finding a link that appears it might be a relative of her mother (age 78) with the maiden name of Kennedy. Lived in PA and then moved to NC. Anyone else find this connection? If she chose the name Kennedy, I wonder if this connection was significant to her?

ETA: I don't want to include any more info to protect the privacy of the innocently related.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    The Seattle Times in 2013 published a real-life mystery story about Lori Ruff, who died in 2010, leaving a husband and child in Texas. Years earlier, she had stolen another personís identity. Who was she really? Finally, we have an answer.

By Maureen O'Hagan
    Originally published September 21, 2016 at 12:30 pm Updated September 21, 2016 at 5:37 pm

Special to The Seattle TimesIn opposite corners of the country, two families were on flip sides of the same tragic mystery. One, in Texas, had lost a wife to suicide in 2010, then learned that she was not who she claimed. So who was she? All their digging turned up nothing.

The other, in Pennsylvania, had lost a family member, too, back in 1986. The young woman had fled abruptly, leaving no clue. Where was she? They spent 30 years hoping she was alive and safe.

Earlier this year, a former Social Security Administration (SSA) investigator, Joe Velling, became convinced the dead woman, known as Lori Ruff, and the Pennsylvania woman were one and the same.

cont. at the link

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...ief-lori-ruff/
    That's. On cell se subscRibing

Quote Originally Posted by HerStory View Post
    OMG I have been away for nearly two weeks as my mother's health failed. She passed yesterday and I have been a wreck. I thought of coming here tonight for a distraction. THANK YOU!!!! Wow.
    I am so sorry for your loss. My sincere condolences x
    *^*All my posts are JMHO, and no offence intended*^*

I know I have said this elsewhere but I may as well repeat myself lol!!!

I am again delighted that Lori has been finally id-ed as Kimberly, especially for her daughter.
    At the same time, it is pretty sad because she was totally alone for all of those years without any support from her immediate family nor her in laws.

I am now wondering whether this sort of thing happens more often than we realise, and that a lot of those that are missing and are presumed dead by LE, are actually
    living under a fake ID.

My God this poor woman. His really explains why she became unhinged as her marriage failed. Her parents divorce was a deep hurt.

I'm sorry

That is another scenario, if I'm right in what you're insinuating.

Quote Originally Posted by SavetheQueen View Post
    I'm going to say this about her leaving home:
    I left home at 16 myself. To everyone who knew my family, including other family members, we looked picture perfect. We were not. Thirty plus years later, I've been back to that town once, and it was for my mother's funeral. She wasn't even in the ground before I was gone again. I still talk to a couple of close family members, but most of the rest didn't want to hear what I had to say. I feel where Kimberly/Lori was coming from. Many times the little frame house with the cute shutters and picket fence is a house of horrors. I'm glad she finally found her peace.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

Amazing! I've only been reading since summer and this story intrigued me. I hope one day we may know more about the notes.

Time to find another mystery to follow.

After this case, I am holding onto Occam's razor like grim death.

Same here!

I'm so pleased and surprised that this case has been solved. It has intrigued me for a while now, and the sleuthing done by the members of this forum has impressed me SO much. It must be quite a shock for her daughter to learn of her relatives in PA... I wish them all happiness, and answers.

Quote Originally Posted by HerStory View Post
    OMG I have been away for nearly two weeks as my mother's health failed. She passed yesterday and I have been a wreck. I thought of coming here tonight for a distraction. THANK YOU!!!! Wow.
    Sorry to hear about your mum I am glad you came to see though because I remember how much effort you put in on this case back when I was also around good it's solved isn't it
    Rest in peace Erica Parsons.

No sleuthing KM's family, nor posting names, addresses, telephone nos., etc.

Thank you
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

I wish they'd shown us a pic of Kimberly from before this whole mess started. I also hope we can learn more about her life and those missing 2 years. I just feel there has to be more to the story than 'couldn't cope with moving and new rules'.

Can you imagine how alone she must have felt?
    I liked it. I was good at it. It made me feel alive.

searchingforanna.net & searchingforanna.info
    Anna Christian Waters' new websites.

U2forever is offline You're the best thing about me. I'm the kind of trouble that you enjoy
    Hot diggity dog!

I cannot wait to read the article, I have to peel myself off the floor first.

eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE TOUR 2018 May 28 aTLANTA

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast