1112 users online (220 members and 892 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 588
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    416
    Posts
    155

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by KLCD620 View Post
    Wow, I thought she's out smart everyone long before advance technology exists and never get identified. But it was genealogy expert and DNA solved this mystery woman. I'm glad it's closure for the Ruff, Cassidy, McLean families and Kimberly's only child that deserved to know her name. It's sad to find out that Kim did it in extremely ways due to unhappy with her stepdad, new life, start over in new school, house rules and so forth. I'm stepfather myself and have stepdaughter that wanted no part of me. I worried that she might be estranged from me in the future if her bio family sides are gone before me.
    All you can do is keep trying with her.
    My step dad kept chugging along; supporting me, being there day to day, which is more than I can say for my biological father, and I came around.
    He passed two years ago and I miss him every day, so it can happen. Just keep trying.
    Good luck
    "One person can make a difference, and everyone should try." JFK

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Somerset, England
    Posts
    119
    Wow, What news to wake up to this morning!
    This was one of the first cases that piqued my interest on Websleuths - and I must admit I didn't think it would ever be solved, (how many hours did I spend studying the scribbled notes on scraps of paper?!).

    I am particularly interested with the way in which the investigator solved this case - using DNA and family trees.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles, the Valley
    Posts
    8
    My daughter has Schizophrenia, a mental disorder characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to understand what is real. She is an unbelievable writer and had an editorial job in a magazine, and one day packed up and moved, leaving her high paying job, everyone and everything thing, she was 24, but had shown tendencies of mental illness, some serious, from age 15 on. Common symptoms include false beliefs, unclear or confused thinking, hearing voices, reduced social engagement and odd emotional expression. She also says she hallucinates. Many of these behaviors were attributed to Lori. They are inclined to anxiety disorders and major depressive illness. The symptoms typically come on gradually, begin in young adulthood, and last a lifetime. I have always had the belief that "Lori" was schizo because of her behavior and my experiences with my daughter. The false beliefs take over..... My daughter has made up a childhood of depravity and pain, including a horrible hovel we lived in. But several years later she and a friend went to see this "hovel" and it turned out to be a large, beautiful home, which we had custom built and moved in, when she was six. She called me all upset, the evidence was irrefutable and she couldn't reconcile her horrible memories and that house. I mailed her photographs (6 albums) showing her the childhood she lived (only child and very loved and large extended family) but I'm guessing she has an explaination for why her life and memories don't match. She is now 44 years old, lives eight hundred miles away and has nothing to do with me, and her father hadn't seen her in five years, last time I talked to him. Just like Lori's mom, I would not know if she was missing or not. And even if she did go missing, what's to say that it's just another start over, like Lori?

  4. #49
    U2forever's Avatar
    U2forever is offline You're the best thing about me. I'm the kind of trouble that you enjoy
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Aiken, SC/Augusta, GA
    Posts
    1,848
    Godspeed Kimberly McLean

    I think she looks like a Kimberly too.

    eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE TOUR 2018 May 28 aTLANTA


  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles, the Valley
    Posts
    8
    I know.... amazing huh? I bet thousands and thousands of hours have been spent on this case here and on the Facebook group (over 500 of us) Who was Lori Erica Kennedy Ruff? I'm so happy to see a match.............. I've got a couple thousand hours invested in all different missing cases.... hoping on hope that they will all get back home.... and/or RIP.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    No sleuthing KM's family, nor posting names, addresses, telephone nos., etc.

    Thank you
    Thanks for clarifying this - are we allowed to keep sleuthing on KM and how she ended up with the BST ID and so on, or is it kind of case closed from a websleuths perspective? This is the first case I've followed on here that's been solved so I'm not sure how it works.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    31,655
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnynz View Post
    Thanks for clarifying this - are we allowed to keep sleuthing on KM and how she ended up with the BST ID and so on, or is it kind of case closed from a websleuths perspective? This is the first case I've followed on here that's been solved so I'm not sure how it works.
    Hi, Sunny. I wouldn't say it's "case closed" just yet. Many questions have been left unanswered, particularly with regard to the missing two years. I suggest further sleuthing be limited to tracing KM's footsteps during that period of time, when she was away from her family.

    Naturally, we're all a bit curious about why she left in the first place. But it's practically impossible to explore that question without violating TOS. So we'll have to pass on that one, I'm afraid.

    ETA: MSM reports covering KM's home life, should there be any, can be discussed.
    Last edited by bessie; 09-22-2016 at 04:19 AM.
    PODCAST ROW

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK
    __________________________________
    Always give generously of yourself to support your beliefs. And when you're knocked down, give more.




  8. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    Hi, Sunny. I wouldn't say it's "case closed" just yet. Many questions have been left unanswered, particularly with regard to the missing two years. I suggest further sleuthing be limited to tracing KM's footsteps during that period of time, when she was away from her family.

    Naturally, we're all a bit curious about why she left in the first place. But it's practically impossible to explore that question without violating TOS. So we'll have to pass on that one, I'm afraid.

    ETA: MSM reports covering her home life, should there be any, can be discussed.
    Thank you!

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    31,655
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyN View Post
    Wow, What news to wake up to this morning!
    This was one of the first cases that piqued my interest on Websleuths - and I must admit I didn't think it would ever be solved, (how many hours did I spend studying the scribbled notes on scraps of paper?!).

    I am particularly interested with the way in which the investigator solved this case - using DNA and family trees.
    So am I! In fact, I think it would make a great thread topic. If anyone would like to kick one off -- perhaps do a little research on the subject to share with the rest of us -- I know the effort would be appreciated.
    PODCAST ROW

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK
    __________________________________
    Always give generously of yourself to support your beliefs. And when you're knocked down, give more.




  10. #55
    U2forever's Avatar
    U2forever is offline You're the best thing about me. I'm the kind of trouble that you enjoy
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Aiken, SC/Augusta, GA
    Posts
    1,848
    Quote Originally Posted by HerStory View Post
    OMG I have been away for nearly two weeks as my mother's health failed. She passed yesterday and I have been a wreck. I thought of coming here tonight for a distraction. THANK YOU!!!! Wow.
    HerStory, I'm sorry.
    Last edited by U2forever; 09-22-2016 at 05:28 AM.

    eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE TOUR 2018 May 28 aTLANTA



  11. #56
    I'm so amazed. I have been so busy reading since last night about Kimberly/Lori's previous life. At least her mother knows what happened to her and Kim's daughter has even more family. Wow.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    6,088
    I just read about this on FB on Todd's NAMUS page. Wow, this is awesome.
    Your Dream must be greater than your fear!

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by nerosleuth View Post
    Iím glad that she has been identified. Iím also glad that her daughter is not in any kind of danger and that she will know her motherís real identity.

    I will say that it was a good thing that the funeral home collected the DNA. It was her saved DNA that later made it possible for a positive identification be made thru a DNA match.

    The important thing to remember is that during the time when Kimberly was BST, LEK, and LER, she never had been arrested, booked, and fingerprinted. Thatís why her fingerprints never showed up in any criminal fingerprint databases.

    There is one thing of interest that I want to point out. Look at Jeung in her scribbled notes. Now drop the ng and you have Jeu.

    And when I googled Jeu, I found out that Jeu is a French word. Jeu means game in French. And my dictionary at home also says it means diversion.

    Iím left wondering if the notes were intended to be a game or a diversion so that her real identity wouldnít ever be found out by anyone.
    What are you talking about?
    "When Fitzpatrick read the story about Lori, she immediately thought about DNA. Lori and her husband, Blake Ruff, had a daughter in 2008 and that daughter shared Loriís DNA. If the daughter provided a DNA sample, there was a way to subtract Blakeís DNA profile from the daughterís, leaving what is essentially Loriís.

    The Ruff family sent a saliva sample to 23andMe and Ancestry.com, companies that analyze DNA and provide tools to help people trace their family histories online. The family figured that the girl would one day want to know about her mother."

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    northern VA, USA
    Posts
    2,060
    A part of me feels like this cases resolution leaves me helpless and powerless. We've seen at least three cases in the last year that featured "runaways" - Tammy Jo Alexander (Caledonia Doe), Jason Callahan (Grateful Doe) and now Kim McLean (Lori Ruff/Becky Sue)... in each of these cases we've seen their parents helpless. "I tried to file a report but because they left on their own accord..." It makes me feel like a great number of the cases we see here, the unidentified ones, are born of kids leaving home and just never looking back. And that makes me feel helpless. If their parents can't or don't report them as missing, how would they ever know? I suppose, at the end of the day, our efforts are not in vain, as at least we're getting these cases into the public eye. And I suppose without that, they'd still be Does.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,732
    Quote Originally Posted by astridxx View Post
    A part of me feels like this cases resolution leaves me helpless and powerless. We've seen at least three cases in the last year that featured "runaways" - Tammy Jo Alexander (Caledonia Doe), Jason Callahan (Grateful Doe) and now Kim McLean (Lori Ruff/Becky Sue)... in each of these cases we've seen their parents helpless. "I tried to file a report but because they left on their own accord..." It makes me feel like a great number of the cases we see here, the unidentified ones, are born of kids leaving home and just never looking back. And that makes me feel helpless. If their parents can't or don't report them as missing, how would they ever know? I suppose, at the end of the day, our efforts are not in vain, as at least we're getting these cases into the public eye. And I suppose without that, they'd still be Does.
    Tammy's report was lost, I'm confident there was one, she was on probation when she went missing, there had to be record of it. Hernando police can deny it all they want, it's them that look like fools.
    I think a lot of our Doe's are MP's that family do not know are missing or there was a paper report that hasn't been digitized or got lost, they thought there was a report.

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #5
    By sillybilly in forum Mysterious woman from Longview, Texas
    Replies: 2340
    Last Post: 09-21-2016, 09:49 PM
  2. TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #4
    By KateB in forum Mysterious woman from Longview, Texas
    Replies: 1588
    Last Post: 07-31-2016, 03:42 AM
  3. TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #3
    By KateB in forum Mysterious woman from Longview, Texas
    Replies: 1384
    Last Post: 03-29-2016, 12:57 PM
  4. TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #2
    By Fin in forum Mysterious woman from Longview, Texas
    Replies: 1021
    Last Post: 08-09-2015, 12:20 PM
  5. TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #1
    By Fin in forum Mysterious woman from Longview, Texas
    Replies: 1147
    Last Post: 02-22-2014, 03:20 PM

Tags for this Thread