Blown Margins?

SieSie

Reaction score
Am I still blowing the margins? Others have told me that my posts are blowing the margins, but when I read the threads, there are no margins blown, so I need to test it and you guys can let me know if it's still blown.

Thanks!

SieSie said:
Am I still blowing the margins? Others have told me that my posts are blowing the margins, but when I read the threads, there are no margins blown, so I need to test it and you guys can let me know if it's still blown.

Thanks!

I have no idea what you are talking about...LOL Margins have always looked fine.

SieSie said:

Thanks!
WEll, you are not blowing the margins now. Perhaps you post big pictures or have a long signature line from time to time and that is what they are referring to?

JBean said:
WEll, you are not blowing the margins now. Perhaps you post big pictures or have a long signature line from time to time and that is what they are referring to?

Well, I had a fairly long sentence under my user name and I deleted that for this test thread and if you guys aren't seeing blown margins on this post, then that was what caused it. I wasn't sure if it was the bird in my siggy pic, but since that's still there and margins seem fine, then I guess I figured it out. :crazy: Thanks guys!

SieSie.. seeing images is an option that can be turned on and off - I suspect anyone with blown margins is seeing the image address link instead of the actual image.

SieSie said:
Well, I had a fairly long sentence under my user name and I deleted that for this test thread and if you guys aren't seeing blown margins on this post, then that was what caused it. I wasn't sure if it was the bird in my siggy pic, but since that's still there and margins seem fine, then I guess I figured it out. :crazy: Thanks guys!
I thought it happened when you posted the Good Old Days thread. Maybe not, though.

Dark Knight said:
I thought it happened when you posted the Good Old Days thread. Maybe not, though.
Does any post of mine on that thread still have blown margins, DK? If not, then it was the line I had under my user name that was too long. I still just don't understand why some of you (2 people I know of let me know about it) could see that I was blowing the margins, but I couldn't see that they were blown. I mean, I know what it looks like when it DOES happen, but I just didn't see that my posts had done it. Odd. :doh:

Cass, I don't think it's that someone had their image thing turned off, because DK was one of them who saw my blown margins and I'm pretty sure he has images on since he has graphics in his siggy. Am I right, DK? :confused:

I'm still just plain confused....LOL!!!!! I haven't seen any blown margins.

It's a mystery :waitasec:

There is an option to parse links when ever you post one - (ie) a long link become abbreviated. But, maybe some people see the full link instead of the abbreviated one

so Sie Sie just for fun, can you put the siggy line (or whatever it was) back up that you took off?
Then we can see if any of us (and which) are seeing blown margins or not?

SieSie said:
Does any post of mine on that thread still have blown margins, DK? If not, then it was the line I had under my user name that was too long. I still just don't understand why some of you (2 people I know of let me know about it) could see that I was blowing the margins, but I couldn't see that they were blown. I mean, I know what it looks like when it DOES happen, but I just didn't see that my posts had done it. Odd. :doh:

Cass, I don't think it's that someone had their image thing turned off, because DK was one of them who saw my blown margins and I'm pretty sure he has images on since he has graphics in his siggy. Am I right, DK? :confused:
Yes, my images are on and I have graphics galore, lol. :D You are no longer blowing any margins. When someone told me once I was, I couldn't see it either.

I wanna see the blown margins...I'm bored...:p :p

Okay - look quick, I put this text up under my name:
"In the 60’s, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal." If that is listed there, then the margins should be blown. I don't want to leave it up too long, because I hate when the margins are blown, and even though I couldn't see it, I don't want it to bother others who could see it.

ETA: Never mind, I posted too late and you guys aren't here to see it. I'll try to catch you tomorrow and we'll experiment with the text then. I'm removing it now so as not to blow the margins for others.

SieSie, I think the way a person blows the margin is if your monitor is larger than a normal size one for example, if you are typing a post on a 21" monitor, and everyone else is seeing the body of your post on a 17 or 19" monitor... Does that make sense? So what I'm saying is that I think it's in the body of a post, not what you put in place of "Registered User".

LinasK said:
SieSie, I think the way a person blows the margin is if your monitor is larger than a normal size one for example, if you are typing a post on a 21" monitor, and everyone else is seeing the body of your post on a 17 or 19" monitor... Does that make sense? So what I'm saying is that I think it's in the body of a post, not what you put in place of "Registered User".

That makes sense to a degree, but I know that resolution can change the size of things, too. For example, I used to have my screen resolution at like 800 x 600 (I think) and the text was easy to read. I had a program that required me to change my screen resolution to 1024 x 768 (or something like that) and all my text became really small and I had to go in and change the font size to accomodate the new screen resolution. I wonder if all of those things could make the margins blow. I don't know, I'm still confused. LOL!

I think it is the quote under your name- normally my page doesn't jump that far- but your last post is way out there.

jodieo said:
I think it is the quote under your name- normally my page doesn't jump that far- but your last post is way out there.
sorry jodieo,. are you talking about the post I just deleted?

eta: if you are, I had put SieSie's 60's phrase under my name to see if it would blow the margins. It was okay for me, but a little wide perhaps.

yes, it was that one- it was wide, not too bad though.

JBean said:
sorry jodieo,. are you talking about the post I just deleted?

eta: if you are, I had put SieSie's 60's phrase under my name to see if it would blow the margins. It was okay for me, but a little wide perhaps.

Aha - so it WAS that long phrase under the user name then?? Interesting.

SieSie said:
Aha - so it WAS that long phrase under the user name then?? Interesting.
I did not show blown margins, but it was wide. So for whatever reason, some can accomodate it and some cannot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back