1155 users online (303 members and 852 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

MO - Jessica Runions, 21, Kansas City, 8 September 2016 #2

Kansas City police ask for help in finding missing woman

Police said Runions was driving a black 2012 Chevrolet Equinox with Missouri license plate MN2-C8B. Investigators said Runions vehicle was found.
    https://www.facebook.com/jessica.runions

http://www.kmbc.com/news/kansas-city...woman/41611496

Thread #1

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Welcome Home Bessie.

Have KK or JR's families hired a private investigator? As per a post on the last thread, someone with info was supposedly cussed out by the police for the info the compiled, then maybe a PI would be a good investment. Surly some of the reward money could go towards this?

The police cussed somebody out?

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Quote Originally Posted by coralynne View Post
    Have KK or JR's families hired a private investigator? As per a post on the last thread, someone with info was supposedly cussed out by the police for the info the compiled, then maybe a PI would be a good investment. Surly some of the reward money could go towards this?
    In the last thread I posted a video from local news during the Kara Kopetsky case. In that video a group of PI's had been trying to find KK. They had gone so far as to take a cadaver dog to a house where they heard rumors KK was buried in the basement. The cadaver dog alerted there were remains under the basement. The police claimed they investigated and foudn nothing (they didn't dig up the basement as far as I can tell). The news reported that the local police had threatened a lawsuit against the PI's for interfering in their investigation. The PI's kept their identity secret (blurred their faces) for this reason. In the end, the DA came out and said no such lawsuit would be brought against the PI group. But the point is that if it all went down the way the local news portrayed, any PI's would need to proceed with caution. One good thing about the car being torched in KC is that the jurisdiction has changed. Perhaps LE would not be as hostile to PI's today.

Beetlegeuze

Yes I saw what you were speaking of.
    Fibromyalgia Fog at it's finest! Temporary loss of vocabulary may occur at any time.

I still think when there's overwhelming evidence someone killed someone else, and refuses to tell where the body is, torture should be legal! Treat them as we do terrorist, because they are terrorizing the community! Waterboard them, and everything else the military does to get answers!
    Fibromyalgia Fog at it's finest! Temporary loss of vocabulary may occur at any time.

Thanks, Skibaboo, for bringing the timeline over. For clarification, after the party, or get together, where KY was supposedly belligerently drunk, was it the next morning he showed up at work? Was he asked to go home? The reason I would like clarification, is I wonder how he got to work, what vehicle. Also, hours later is when Jess's car is discovered at the burn site. So did he go to work before the Equinox was found?

I just realized there is a creek right near gramp's house and a culvert that goes under Raytown Rd.. https://www.google.com/maps/@38.9711.../data=!3m1!1e3

That area just E of Raytown Road that it meanders through is pretty secluded. Like the end of E 87th?

I mean, it would seem logical to us to drive all the way to Edwards and leave her around there, but unless KY had help, I just have this feeling like he isn't as organized and well connected to pig-farming gangsters as rumor has it. He was found in an abandoned trailer after all, not on this rumored farm, not at mom's or cousin's or with any other family. For that matter, I'm interested in why they don't think she was in the blue river, and how far down it they searched. Maybe they do think she's there, and are just waiting...

Was the car in the tunnel or the woods?

There's an interesting reply under this news article. I wasn't aware he was picked up with someone else.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...e_pid=12828385
    Bringing this over from the last thread... Wow that comment by a JM needs to definitely be investigated... Hope he tipped police that..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vail View Post
    I just realized there is a creek right near gramp's house and a culvert that goes under Raytown Rd.. https://www.google.com/maps/@38.9711.../data=!3m1!1e3 That area just E of Raytown Road that it meanders through is pretty secluded. Like the end of E 87th? I mean, it would seem logical to us to drive all the way to Edwards and leave her around there, but unless KY had help, I just have this feeling like he isn't as organized and well connected to pig-farming gangsters as rumor has it. He was found in an abandoned trailer after all, not on this rumored farm, not at mom's or cousin's or with any other family. For that matter, I'm interested in why they don't think she was in the blue river, and how far down it they searched. Maybe they do think she's there, and are just waiting... Was the car in the tunnel or the woods?
    I believe the car was in a little pull off type situation just before the tunnel/bridge on Blue River Road, so sort of out in the open but there's still lots of trees around that area. You can see it on this map, underneath Bannister Road and to the right just before the trees: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bl...!4d-94.5585046

Quote Originally Posted by 2Hope4 View Post
    I still think when there's overwhelming evidence someone killed someone else, and refuses to tell where the body is, torture should be legal! Treat them as we do terrorist, because they are terrorizing the community! Waterboard them, and everything else the military does to get answers!
    Torture, according to almost all academic reporting, is ineffective at rendering truth. People will, when under that kind of duress, say anything.

While such acts might make certain people feel better and feel as though justice is being performed, in fact the opposite is happening.

We all want JR found. And most think KY is the one likely responsible for her dissappearance. But breaking local, federal and international law is not the way to achieve the end goal. If the FBI is truly involved then have faith. Information may not be as forthcoming as it would if local KCPD were totally running the show, but in the end, that may be for the best. Chances are almost certain that they have information we don't.

I have only just heard of this case as I saw it related to Kara's disappearance who I have watched the Disappeared episode of a few times.
    I always thought he had something to do with Kara's, I mean the timing of the restraining order and everything, he probably was waiting for her outside of school or knew where she would go when she skipped class.
    God I hope they get this guy and find where both girls bodies are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayashley View Post
    Bringing this over from the last thread... Wow that comment by a JM needs to definitely be investigated... Hope he tipped police that..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep I totally agree after looking at the map.

Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast