MO MO - Jessica Runions, 21, Kansas City, 8 Sept 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Kansas City police ask for help in finding missing woman
Image-Jessica-Runions.jpg

Police said Runions was driving a black 2012 Chevrolet Equinox with Missouri license plate MN2-C8B. Investigators said Runions vehicle was found.
https://www.facebook.com/jessica.runions

http://www.kmbc.com/news/kansas-city-police-ask-for-help-in-finding-missing-woman/41611496

Thread #1

Have KK or JR's families hired a private investigator? As per a post on the last thread, someone with info was supposedly cussed out by the police for the info the compiled, then maybe a PI would be a good investment. Surly some of the reward money could go towards this?

The police cussed somebody out?

Have KK or JR's families hired a private investigator? As per a post on the last thread, someone with info was supposedly cussed out by the police for the info the compiled, then maybe a PI would be a good investment. Surly some of the reward money could go towards this?

In the last thread I posted a video from local news during the Kara Kopetsky case. In that video a group of PI's had been trying to find KK. They had gone so far as to take a cadaver dog to a house where they heard rumors KK was buried in the basement. The cadaver dog alerted there were remains under the basement. The police claimed they investigated and foudn nothing (they didn't dig up the basement as far as I can tell). The news reported that the local police had threatened a lawsuit against the PI's for interfering in their investigation. The PI's kept their identity secret (blurred their faces) for this reason. In the end, the DA came out and said no such lawsuit would be brought against the PI group. But the point is that if it all went down the way the local news portrayed, any PI's would need to proceed with caution. One good thing about the car being torched in KC is that the jurisdiction has changed. Perhaps LE would not be as hostile to PI's today.

:welcome: Beetlegeuze

Yes I saw what you were speaking of.

I still think when there's overwhelming evidence someone killed someone else, and refuses to tell where the body is, torture should be legal! Treat them as we do terrorist, because they are terrorizing the community! Waterboard them, and everything else the military does to get answers!

Thanks, Skibaboo, for bringing the timeline over. For clarification, after the party, or get together, where KY was supposedly belligerently drunk, was it the next morning he showed up at work? Was he asked to go home? The reason I would like clarification, is I wonder how he got to work, what vehicle. Also, hours later is when Jess's car is discovered at the burn site. So did he go to work before the Equinox was found?

I just realized there is a creek right near gramp's house and a culvert that goes under Raytown Rd.. https://www.google.com/maps/@38.9711049,-94.4677319,202m/data=!3m1!1e3

That area just E of Raytown Road that it meanders through is pretty secluded. Like the end of E 87th?

I mean, it would seem logical to us to drive all the way to Edwards and leave her around there, but unless KY had help, I just have this feeling like he isn't as organized and well connected to pig-farming gangsters as rumor has it. He was found in an abandoned trailer after all, not on this rumored farm, not at mom's or cousin's or with any other family. For that matter, I'm interested in why they don't think she was in the blue river, and how far down it they searched. Maybe they do think she's there, and are just waiting...

Was the car in the tunnel or the woods?

I just realized there is a creek right near gramp's house and a culvert that goes under Raytown Rd.. https://www.google.com/maps/@38.9711049,-94.4677319,202m/data=!3m1!1e3 That area just E of Raytown Road that it meanders through is pretty secluded. Like the end of E 87th? I mean, it would seem logical to us to drive all the way to Edwards and leave her around there, but unless KY had help, I just have this feeling like he isn't as organized and well connected to pig-farming gangsters as rumor has it. He was found in an abandoned trailer after all, not on this rumored farm, not at mom's or cousin's or with any other family. For that matter, I'm interested in why they don't think she was in the blue river, and how far down it they searched. Maybe they do think she's there, and are just waiting... Was the car in the tunnel or the woods?
I believe the car was in a little pull off type situation just before the tunnel/bridge on Blue River Road, so sort of out in the open but there's still lots of trees around that area. You can see it on this map, underneath Bannister Road and to the right just before the trees: https://www.google.com/maps/place/B...f1b85571ed767e!8m2!3d38.9486304!4d-94.5585046

I still think when there's overwhelming evidence someone killed someone else, and refuses to tell where the body is, torture should be legal! Treat them as we do terrorist, because they are terrorizing the community! Waterboard them, and everything else the military does to get answers!

Torture, according to almost all academic reporting, is ineffective at rendering truth. People will, when under that kind of duress, say anything.

While such acts might make certain people feel better and feel as though justice is being performed, in fact the opposite is happening.

We all want JR found. And most think KY is the one likely responsible for her dissappearance. But breaking local, federal and international law is not the way to achieve the end goal. If the FBI is truly involved then have faith. Information may not be as forthcoming as it would if local KCPD were totally running the show, but in the end, that may be for the best. Chances are almost certain that they have information we don't.

I have only just heard of this case as I saw it related to Kara's disappearance who I have watched the Disappeared episode of a few times.
I always thought he had something to do with Kara's, I mean the timing of the restraining order and everything, he probably was waiting for her outside of school or knew where she would go when she skipped class.
God I hope they get this guy and find where both girls bodies are.

Bringing this over from the last thread... Wow that comment by a JM needs to definitely be investigated... Hope he tipped police that..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep I totally agree after looking at the map.

I spoke to a friend of Kylr's on FB after she posted several comments to a news article that was posted. I don't know if it's allowed to post the conversation on here or not but I found some of the information she disclosed interesting to say the least. Maybe someone might find something useful that might answer some questions others had.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I spoke to a friend of Kylr's on FB after she posted several comments to a news article that was posted. I don't know if it's allowed to post the conversation on here or not but I found some of the information she disclosed interesting to say the least. Maybe someone might find something useful that might answer some questions others had.

I believe that would be considered rumor and that is a nono.

However, you can always link to a mainstream news article.

It's pretty common to post the link to the article (or media FB page) and suggest we read the comments. :)

Kylr had almost a full day from the time of the party and when Jessica's car was discovered at the burn site. He had time to sober up and develop a plan. Who knows how far he could have driven in that time and come back. But why would he travel a fair distance away to dispose of the body only to bring the car back to the same general area where he lives? One possibility is he did this alone and needed to get closer to home. He does not seem to be super smart to me, based on the childish responses to the media I saw on a news show when he was being transported to a police car. Many of you saw that. This case is so frustrating to me. I do think the more minds focused on looking at the facts, the greater the likelihood this case will be solved. Thanks to all of you for keeping up the interest and looking for clues.

Kylr had almost a full day from the time of the party and when Jessica's car was discovered at the burn site. He had time to sober up and develop a plan. Who knows how far he could have driven in that time and come back. But why would he travel a fair distance away to dispose of the body only to bring the car back to the same general area where he lives? One possibility is he did this alone and needed to get closer to home. He does not seem to be super smart to me, based on the childish responses to the media I saw on a news show when he was being transported to a police car. Many of you saw that. This case is so frustrating to me. I do think the more minds focused on looking at the facts, the greater the likelihood this case will be solved. Thanks to all of you for keeping up the interest and looking for clues.
Some good thoughts. I agree. He does seem childish in his encounters with news media. That being said, sometimes people who are emotionally/behaviorally underdeveloped are quite intelligent (over compensation to hide their flaws). This probably accounts for his wit and charm. It's frustrating. I feel like if we knew more about his character and personality, we would have more insight to how he thinks, but at this point probably only LE and close friends are the only ones with this sort of info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member