1065 users online (210 members and 855 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mexico - Gene Figueroa, 52, Rosarita, 17 June 2016

La Mesa Man Goes Missing in Mexico, Family Searches for Answers
    Investigators found blood on the floor of the apartment that Gene Figueroa III had rented.

By Omari Fleming

[...]

“What hurts the most is we miss him so much and haven’t been able to get an answer from anyone," said Gene Figueroa Sr.

His son, Gene Figueroa III, 52, disappeared from the home he had been renting in Rosarito, Mexico. The family filed a missing person report with Tijuana Police after Figueroa's landlord notified them that the retiree was uncharacteristically late with his rent.

When Figueroa's family arrived at the home from Riverside County, they say they immediately knew something was wrong.

[..]

The family says they believe the people responsible were looking for something. They've posted hundreds of fliers but have gotten no leads in finding the father of two who lived in La Mesa before he divorced.

“We don’t know whether to cry for him or hope for the best,” his father said. “We’re just stunned completely as to what could have happened.”

more at the link
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

08-10-16+Missing+La+Mesa+Man.jpg

Also missing, his 2010 Land Rover Discovery with CA plate (my old eyes can't read the plate #)

ETA: Also can't make out what the location last seen says, @ his rental property located in San SOMETHING Del Mar, Bajà CA????
    Last edited by tarabull; 09-23-2016 at 06:50 PM.

Two recent photos from the GFM page.

Attached Images Attached Images
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

Gene is not yet listed at NamUs...

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/search
    Last edited by tarabull; 09-23-2016 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tarabull View Post
    08-10-16+Missing+La+Mesa+Man.jpg

Also missing, his 2010 Land Rover Discovery with CA plate (my old eyes can't read the plate #)

ETA: Also can't make out what the location last seen says, @ his rental property located in San SOMETHING Del Mar, Bajà CA????
    Last seen at his rental property located in San Antonio Del Mar, Bajà California, MX

[ETA: approx. 20 mins north of Rosarito, MX]
    Last edited by tarabull; 09-23-2016 at 08:43 PM.

https://youtu.be/tJxDjvFp7l0

@ 1:04 mark, reports Gene vanished from the home he had rented & retired to 2 years ago in Rosarito, MX;
    @ 1:45 mark, there's a photo of Gene with a young lady, just wondering if that is in MX (?);
    @ 2:08 mark, reports Gene's family is concerned because he went thru a bad break up with a woman that he was dating;
    @ 2:14 mark, reports he also needs medicine for fibromyalgia;
    @ 2:20 mark, reports no movement in regards to his money...

rosesfromangels is online now "The trilling wire in the blood / Sings below inveterate scars." - Eliot
    I know *exactly* where this is, and very familiar with this area. Rosarito is a party town. Club after club (big multi-level beachy venues) down on the Rosarito beach strip. Yes, this place is about 15 mins south of there, and it's off the main highway, gated. The beach there down to the Lobster Village of Puerto Nuevo is beautiful. The locals are lovely sweet people. Really lovely. I could see where he could have easily found trouble in Rosarito, but this area where he was is sleepy.
    My posts are opinion and speculation only, and may not be used for any purpose outside of this forum.

Gene is quoted in this article dated 6/5/14:
    These days, he says, 60 percent of homebuyers in Baja are American, and many others, like Gene Figueroa and his wife, are opting for a three-month trial, renting a beachfront condo first before taking the plunge into ownership. The couple moved here from Orange County.

“It was always my dream to be able to live on the beach,” says Figueroa. “Growing up in Southern California, as the population increased, I couldn't even afford to live anywhere near the beach.”
    http://www.pri.org/stories/2014-06-0...commute-mexico

From this, it sounds like his wife lived with him for a time in Rosarito before their divorce. The other article I read gave me the impression that he divorced, then moved to Mexico. May not matter, but just trying to put the pieces together.

Here is the FB page for the San Antonio Del Mar community of 750 homes north of Rosarito. There is a HOA and a security team. I counted at least four posts about break-ins dating back to mid-May. Also, a resident got drunk and obnoxious and when security contacted him, he went home and came back brandishing an assault rifle! He was apprehended by police. The HOA says that there has been a decrease in crime because of security, (must have been bad before) but still encourages residents to at least have basic alarms. Access to the community from the beach at night is a security issue.

There is no mention of Gene's disappearance...not surprised.

https://www.facebook.com/SanAntonioDelMar

rosesfromangels is online now "The trilling wire in the blood / Sings below inveterate scars." - Eliot
    Knowing this area well, I'd say the crime or trouble is *not* coming from the locals. They are mostly fisherman families, humble, church going.
    My posts are opinion and speculation only, and may not be used for any purpose outside of this forum.

Gene's FB page. Seems like a really neat guy.

https://www.facebook.com/genolatino

Quote Originally Posted by rosesfromangels View Post
    Knowing this area well, I'd say the crime or trouble is *not* coming from the locals. They are mostly fisherman families, humble, church going.
    The ones pictured on the FB page were Mexican, but it didn't say where they were from. Opportunists from somewhere.

The newest update at the GFM page started for Gene was submitted 2 weeks ago, and it says Mexican LE have not had any progress on the case. Seems Gene's family has been waiting to learn if the blood stains found on the floor had a DNA match, but they get no answers: "with my Father in law they keep saying they [Mexican Authorities] are running into problems".

Gene's brother-in-law has has written the story on the GFM page. He writes that he Mexican LE says their cases are many and they are undermanned to keep up with all the cases. In the US, they told them because he was living abroad "their hands are tied".

@ 1:04 mark, reports Gene vanished from the home he had rented & retired to 2 years ago in Rosarito, MX;
    @ 1:45 mark, there's a photo of Gene with a young lady, just wondering if that is in MX (?);
    @ 2:08 mark, reports Gene's family is concerned because he went thru a bad break up with a woman that he was dating;
    This is where I would put 100% of my investigative efforts. Do we know who, or where this woman is?

This is where I would put 100% of my investigative efforts. Do we know who, or where this woman is?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast