1337 users online (233 members and 1104 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    William Tyrrell: ‘One million reasons’ to come forward over toddler’s abduction
    7:29pm September 12, 2016

A $1 million reward, the largest in New South Wales history, has been announced for information that leads to the arrest of the person who abducted missing toddler William Tyrrell, or for the boy’s safe return or recovery.

William, then aged three, went missing from the backyard of his grandmother’s home in Kendall, on the state's mid-north coast, on September 12, 2014.

[...]

"You’re in a much better position if you come to us than if we come to you."

Det. Insp. Jubelin also said the investigation was "a long way" from going to a coronial inquest, and that police did not believe William's family were involved.

Rules Etiquette & Information

William Tyrrell MEDIA/TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3
    Thread #4
    Thread #5 Thread #6
    Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9
    Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12
    Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15
    Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18

Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21
    Thread #22Thread #23 Thread #24
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 09-24-2016 at 09:22 AM.

Video of the full press conference.

12 September 2016.

NSW Government reward to be announced for the return of William Tyrrell

Any opinions I post here are my own and not those of Websleuths.

Quote Originally Posted by richieswan View Post
    Are you hypothesising that in the short time William was out of site someone grabbed him, killed him, dug up the lawn over a buried septic tank on one of the properties, threw him in, replaced the lid, transplanted a patch of lawn to hide the excavation?

Even if the lid isn't buried, or the lid is broken, LE checked the tanks. MSM say "checked with cameras". What does that mean? It means LE used infrared cameras to 'see in the dark'. I use a similar camera in my employment doing deep underwater surveys. I have full visibility in the blackness of night. A tank is small and a body would float in the dense matter: Prod around with a pole to feel something large and solid. Use a camera to look for weighed down items. The search team scoured the area. They know their stuff, they have the tools.

I appreciate your train of thought but I think you are underestimating the thoroughness the taskforce have applied. Yes, accidents have been overlooked in some cases. William did not vanish due to misadventure. If he was dumped in that street he would have been found. I quoted in a post earlier from the Police press conference:

"There is a very very good chance we know who the offender is, or at least have an understanding where this investigation is heading."

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...d=218519706184
    Thank you for your reply. No I'm not suggesting that your first sentence above could be the case. I'm suggesting that the property from which a toddler disappears which has a septic system should be pumped out, as a matter of course, and especially if the child hasn't been found for a few days, if not immediately. Through work I have also seen camera video of plumbers checking inside pipes, which are only perhaps 6" or so around.. but the little camera doesn't see *all*, and especially not in sludge. The tiny camera is like a hit and miss, a generality, imo. Nothing was ever said about the camera being infra-red, and even if so, can infra-red see through sludge? And don't forget that police use strategies. Not everything that they say is on the level. I'm not understanding why it seems there is so much resistance to performing such a simple task, as pumping out the property's septic, if only JUST to absolutely rule that possibility out for sure. Would it insult the family? Are they afraid of what they could potentially find? I'm just flabbergasted. The detectives working on Noah Thomas' disappearance also didn't want to pump the septic, and didn't do so for several days after the boy went missing from *that* home. They had also looked, and poked, and determined the lid was on, and etc. But look what they found? There is nothing to lose other than a couple hundred bucks. Not worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hbayne View Post
    No proof it hasn't, so much we wouldn't be privy to.
    I come back with, 'no proof that it has', and it is more likely that we *would* have proof, if it HAD, due to the extensive media coverage from the first hours, until days and days later. I would love for a reporter to ask that simple question of detectives, or residents. 'Was FGM's septic actually pumped out by a septic pumping company?'. If yes, then YAY.

Quote Originally Posted by deugirtni View Post
    I come back with, 'no proof that it has', and it is more likely that we *would* have proof, if it HAD, due to the extensive media coverage from the first hours, until days and days later. I would love for a reporter to ask that simple question of detectives, or residents. 'Was FGM's septic actually pumped out by a septic pumping company?'. If yes, then YAY.
    Fair question

Quote Originally Posted by crabstick View Post
    Yes. Sewer grid system essentially.
    Makara said it was deep sewerage *hides behind bush*
    Makara actually said the opposite, and that 'all of the houses in the Benaroon Drive estate are on septic'. See below.

Quote Originally Posted by Makara View Post
    I posted some time ago that all of the houses in the Benaroon Drive estate are on septic. This information was given to me by an estate agent who was selling one of the properties in Benaroon Drive. As a 'prospective buyer' I needed to know this. I don't have the answers to your other questions. Perhaps check back over earlier MSM articles where the mention of septic tanks was reported.

Definition of septic http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict...english/septic

You usually say they have 'septic tanks' or they are 'on deep sewer'
    Quote Originally Posted by deugirtni View Post
    Makara actually said the opposite, and that 'all of the houses in the Benaroon Drive estate are on septic'. See below.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septic_tank
    Last edited by crabstick; 09-24-2016 at 09:21 AM.

Septic underground tanks have to have a breather pipe.....these pipes are usually not to far away from the tank itself....too allow methane to escape.

Septic smell is one thing ...... death is rancid, putrid.....almost indescribable. .....its been two years.... if a body had been placed in a septic tank or an accident had happened...it would have been smelled well and trully by now......far and wide...you cant mask the smell of death.

Williams body would have been too big to escape the main tank .....it would have blocked and caused a backflow of sewerage.

Even a cursory glance of a tank would be able to show if there had been any disturbance.

A septic tank has a very thick layer of a oily waxy substance that is thick and crusty..... when they empty your tanks they have to actually prod and break apart this substance.....like fat floating in water..... and it doesn't magically seal over instantly aftet broken...it takes many months to reseal a surface area........

Originally Posted by richieswan

Are you hypothesising that in the short time William was out of site someone grabbed him, killed him, dug up the lawn over a buried septic tank on one of the properties, threw him in, replaced the lid, transplanted a patch of lawn to hide the excavation?

Even if the lid isn't buried, or the lid is broken, LE checked the tanks. MSM say "checked with cameras". What does that mean? It means LE used infrared cameras to 'see in the dark'. I use a similar camera in my employment doing deep underwater surveys. I have full visibility in the blackness of night. A tank is small and a body would float in the dense matter: Prod around with a pole to feel something large and solid. Use a camera to look for weighed down items. The search team scoured the area. They know their stuff, they have the tools.

I appreciate your train of thought but I think you are underestimating the thoroughness the taskforce have applied. Yes, accidents have been overlooked in some cases. William did not vanish due to misadventure. If he was dumped in that street he would have been found. I quoted in a post earlier from the Police press conference:

"There is a very very good chance we know who the offender is, or at least have an understanding where this investigation is heading."

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...d=218519706184

BBM: It seems like a lot of time and effort to go through, to hide a small child, when there is that huge forest out there.
    Things are not what they appear to be. Nor are they otherwise.
    - Surangama Sutra

25 threads and no William it's so disheartening. Thank you to all of you for caring about him. I hope progress is being made by the authorities since the press conference.

Hope you all have a nice weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Puggle View Post
    Septic underground tanks have to have a breather pipe.....these pipes are usually not to far away from the tank itself....too allow methane to escape.

Septic smell is one thing ...... death is rancid, putrid.....almost indescribable. .....its been two years.... if a body had been placed in a septic tank or an accident had happened...it would have been smelled well and trully by now......far and wide...you cant mask the smell of death.

Williams body would have been too big to escape the main tank .....it would have blocked and caused a backflow of sewerage.

Even a cursory glance of a tank would be able to show if there had been any disturbance.

A septic tank has a very thick layer of a oily waxy substance that is thick and crusty..... when they empty your tanks they have to actually prod and break apart this substance.....like fat floating in water..... and it doesn't magically seal over instantly aftet broken...it takes many months to reseal a surface area........
    If it wasn't necessary to pump, then why pump BS's septic?

I have been present for the witnessing of more than one septic tank in my lifetime, and I've not seen the requirement for breaking apart and prodding of a substance that is thick and crusty before emptying. I just feel it is such a simple and relatively inexpensive thing that should have been done on a semi-rural property with a septic tank when a toddler mysteriously disappears and I don't understand the resistance, and don't understand why more people aren't concerned about it in this particular case. Noah Thomas, who was a few years older and substantially larger than WT, was deceased in his home's septic tank for days and there was no blockage yet, as of the time police finally decided to have it pumped. Imagine if little Noah's tank still hadn't been pumped? His body still wouldn't have been found either, and the search would still be on. And if there would be terrible smell, then why don't rural properties with septics have a terrible smell all the time, regardless of any bodies being inside, because it is not only bodies that create smell. When a septic is opened up, a smell is evident.. but when they're just normal, day-to-day living on a rural property without opening it up, those properties are like any other property, no smell. Some very expensive and impressive estate properties are on septic systems, and there is no smell.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthAussie View Post
    BBM: It seems like a lot of time and effort to go through, to hide a small child, when there is that huge forest out there.
    In the forest, the scent can be hunted down. A lot of time and effort would be worthwhile if it was going to be the perfect hiding place that nobody would want to pump out.

Definition of septic http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict...english/septic

You usually say they have 'septic tanks' or they are 'on deep sewer'

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septic_tank
    If a property has septic as opposed to sewer, it is common (where I come from) to say that 'a property is on septic', which means they have septic tanks and a septic bed, as opposed to going out to the city's sewer system.

Answering deugrini's post http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post12830012
    Can you see what kind of lid it has? Or if it's hidden with grass on top?
    No, I had to work out the location blind, so I don't know how many lids, I don't know whether lid(s) are concrete or metal or plastic, and I don't know whether cosmetically concealed or not, but I am fairly sure about which part of garden it's in.
    Last edited by koios; 09-24-2016 at 01:27 PM.

Answering Bohemian's post http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post12830275
    Could you upload your map with the location marked, please koios?
    Yes Bohemian I will do a map of estimated location. I worked it out using a combination of house sale description and photos, the 60 minutes video, SIXmaps topo (contour) map, and SIXmaps aerial imagery, and comparision with other houses.

Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast