Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to thread # 4 of "Was Burke Involved?"

It will be interesting to read how many of you have changed your opinion of Burke after watching two out of the three interviews with Burke and Dr. Phil.

What a lot of people came away with (myself included) is how in the world could Lin Wood or John Ramsey allow Burke to be interviewed?

Burke is an adult so perhaps there was nothing they could do to stop him. However, I got the impression that Burke would rather be anywhere else in the world than with Dr. Phil answering questions.

Continue posting and thank you for participating.

Tricia

Was Burke Involved ? # 1

Was Burke Involved ? # 2

Was Burke Involved? # 3

COUNT IV(a):

On or about December 25 and December 26, 1996, in Boulder County, Colorado, John Bennett Ramsey did unlawfully, knowingly, recklessly and feloniously permit a child to be unreasonably placed in a situation which posed a threat of injury to the child's life or health, which resulted in the death of JonBenet Ramsey, a child under the age of sixteen.

As to COUNT IVa), Child Abuse Resulting in Death.

A TRUE BILL
(signature redacted)

Patsy's GJ indictment reads exactly the same. I don't know the COUNT number, but it is irrelevant to this discussion.

Let's dissect. On these 2 days (both or either) John knowingly allowed JBR to be in dangerous situation and she died as a result.

So did PR.

COUNT VII

On or about December 25 and December 26, 1996, in Boulder County, Colorado, John Bennet Ramsey did unlawfully, knowingly, recklessly, and feloniously render assistance to a person, with intent to hinder, delay and prevent the discovery, detention, apprehension, prosecution, conviction and punishment of such person for the commission of a crime, knowing the person being assisted had committed and was suspected of the crime of Murder in the First Degree and Child Abuse Resulting in Death.
As to Count VII, Accessory to a Crime:

A TRUE BILL
(signature redacted)
[FONT=&amp]

I am struggling with the last 6 words of the charge in Count VII. Can a child of 9.9 years commit 'child abuse' against a 6 year old?[/FONT]

The point of the forums is to comb through evidence, discuss different suspects/theories, to learn more about the case, etc. I'm sure most people have one person in mind who they think did it, but that doesn't lessen the fact that it's still a cold case.

If you believe BDI, that Burke did it, then maybe it's time to shut these forums down. It isn't possible for him to ever be charged and everything is pure speculation.

The point of the forums is to comb through evidence, discuss different suspects/theories, to learn more about the case, etc. I'm sure most people have one person in mind who they think did it, but that doesn't lessen the fact that it's still a cold case.

(sorry for the double post)

Of course, but most follow Kolar's book as do most on this website. We try to discuss things, other culprits and opinions but most here believe BDI. After all these years, I'm trying to understand why anyone that believes Burke did it would still continue to discuss this case. It seems very strange and slightly pathological.

Because it's not officially solved yet. And just because he can't be charged doesn't mean that when all the pieces are finally figured out and put together, if they point to him, that the case cannot be closed with him as the known perpetrator.

Let's rewind and assume he did it and it was figured out within hours of it happening and there was no coverup (or it fell apart). Would the case forever remained open because he couldn't be charged with murder even if it was known he did it?

COUNT IV(a):

On or about December 25 and December 26, 1996, in Boulder County, Colorado, John Bennett Ramsey did unlawfully, knowingly, recklessly and feloniously permit a child to be unreasonably placed in a situation which posed a threat of injury to the child's life or health, which resulted in the death of JonBenet Ramsey, a child under the age of sixteen.

A TRUE BILL
(signature redacted)

Patsy's GJ indictment reads exactly the same. I don't know the COUNT number, but it is irrelevant to this discussion.

Let's dissect. On these 2 days (both or either) John knowingly allowed JBR to be in dangerous situation and she died as a result.

So did PR.

COUNT VII

On or about December 25 and December 26, 1996, in Boulder County, Colorado, John Bennet Ramsey did unlawfully, knowingly, recklessly, and feloniously render assistance to a person, with intent to hinder, delay and prevent the discovery, detention, apprehension, prosecution, conviction and punishment of such person for the commission of a crime, knowing the person being assisted had committed and was suspected of the crime of Murder in the First Degree and Child Abuse Resulting in Death.

A TRUE BILL
(signature redacted)
[FONT=&amp]

I am struggling with the last 6 words of the charge in Count VII. Can a child of 9.9 years commit 'child abuse' against a 6 year old?[/FONT]

re-posted.

We continue to discuss, with respect, and seek any new information available. We avoid name-called, blaming, put-downs and derision. That sort of behavior keeps us away from other crime forums & happily and respectfully discussing here on WebSleuths.

Perhaps you would enjoy the Lyle Stevick or Sand Canyon Doe discussions more?

I believe BDI, but I'm open to hearing other theories, I also keep up on the case by lurking here, it's still an open case and you're right, Burke can't be charged and no one will ever go to jail, but I believe we may get the truth one day.

Is this a discussion about the death of Jonbenet Ramsey? Secondly, is this a discussion on whether Burke was involved?

The latter would be correct- was BR involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course, but most follow Kolar's book as do most on this website. We try to discuss things, other culprits and opinions but most here believe BDI. After all these years, I'm trying to understand why anyone that believes Burke did it would still continue to discuss this case. It seems very strange and slightly pathological.

I have NEVER called anyone a name or been derogatory in any way shape or form. Yesterday, I had someone tell me that I could be the writer of the ransom note. I don't know what happened to Jonbenet but every single time I revisit this case, my heart breaks. That is the one thing I know for sure

I struggle to reconcile these statements.

COUNT IV(a):

A TRUE BILL
(signature redacted)

So did PR.

COUNT VII

A TRUE BILL
(signature redacted)
[FONT=&]

I'll bite. Insofar as child abuse goes, yes I believe a child can commit child abuse if said child is the older of the two. OTOH Burke, at 9.9 years old could neither commit murder, nor commit child abuse, due to the fact that he could not form a criminal intent at his young age, according to the law. So, it would have been equally valid, in my mind, to either infer he did both, or neither.

The behavior seems pathological. If you believe Burke did it,then why continue discussing it? As this forum has been around for TWENTY years. TWENTY years!

Yes, and it took BR 20 years to ever grant an interview. So.... that fuels discussion.

Yes, and it took BR 20 years to ever grant an interview. So.... that fuels discussion.

My thoughts exactly.

Burke is talking, so therefore we are talking about Burke. I don't constantly stick to one concrete theory. I've learned a lot of new things since I joined the forum a few months ago.

No I don't. I've not singled out anyone. I think continuing to point the finger at a 9yr old child for twenty years with no evidence to back it up is pathological. Do you think it's pathological? Or maybe obsessive? How would you feel if your 9yr old was accused for years like this?

I'd feel worse about killing my sister. But that's just me. Burke seems amused by it all.

No I don't. I've not singled out anyone. I think continuing to point the finger at a 9yr old child for twenty years with no evidence to back it up is pathological. Do you think it's pathological? Or maybe obsessive? How would you feel if your 9yr old was accused for years like this?

I don't have any children, but I would feel grateful if my brother had been exposed for what he did to me, to my sister, to my niece, and to god knows how many other children. He's dead now and will never be brought to justice. If Burke is guilty, he will never be brought to justice either, but perhaps if the truth come to light, people will become more aware of intersibling sexual abuse and its devastating consequences.

Sorry everyone, I'm done responding to the bait. I just wanted to get that off my chest before I excercised my ignore function like I should have done a few days ago.

I really no longer question Burke is responsible. What I think is unknown is did he only hit her on the head, or was he responsible for some if the choking, etc.

For me, Burke is a really viable suspect. He admitted to being downstairs, he admitted (well maybe) eating pineapple with JB, the ransom note was written on a notepad and pen in the home, the killer knew about the WC (which was a small room that wasn't very noticeable), there was no concrete dna proving that an intruder had went into the home, their dog Jaques (sp?) was at the neighbors...I could go on and on. In my opinion, something insane occurred that night, and someone in the house was responsible for her death. People are pointing at Burke because facts are facts.

Then it's solved, if you believe BDI or RDI. It's done and over. The case remains open because the Burke didn't bash his sister over the head with a "flashlight" and then John and Patsy completed the act by strangling their daughter for hours to protect their son. That's my opinion and why I still look at this case

No, I don't believe that either.
I believe he strangled her with the garrote and hit her over the head with the flashlight. I don't think it was an accident at all. I think the garrote potentially came first, the flashlight because she struggled, and then he finished with the garrote. I think he fantasized about a life without JBR and for whatever reason, that night was the moment he made it happen. And if there was sexual abuse, I think that was him as well.
IMO... The parents' role in the coverup was actually probably trying to hide the SA by cleaning her up. Which indirectly and unintentionally fed into the coverup. And their real intention for a coverup was the ransom note and statements. The tape and tied wrists could go either way as to who did that. But I don't believe the parents finished the job or did anything to disrespect her body as part of any coverup.
So if you've misread me on that point previously then again that is another reason to keep the discussion going. It's a different angle and one that answers how the parents could do some of the things that people against the BDI claim they don't understand. IMO they simply didn't do those things... BR did them. It wasn't an accident IMO. In fact had it been an accident, or even had the chance to have been seen as an accident, the parents would've went with that. The garrote especially, and potentially past actions, made the accident story impossible.

That's about as clear as I think I can make it.
I'm more confused why you think people shouldn't discuss it?

He ate pineapple with his sister. Please don't feed pineapple to the trolls. Or anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith