OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
ATTENTION - Please read the Mod Notes included in this post and thank the post signifying that you have done so before proceeding to post your thoughts on this case.

Ohio Shooting: Latest on Pike County murders

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

PIKE COUNTY, Ohio — No arrests have been made in the shooting investigation of eight execution-style killings of members of the Rhoden family last month in Pike County, Ohio.

[...]

The latest in the investigation in Pike County was that vehicles were towed on Tuesday from the various crime scenes as evidence, confirmed Jill Del Greco, a spokeswoman for the Attorney General.
There’s been no word on how many vehicles were being towed away or where they were taken

Ohio family massacre highlights rural region’s ties to illegal drugs
POSTED 6:00 PM, MAY 1, 2016, BY CNNWIRE

23-pike-county-mass-shooting.w529.h352.jpg

link

The gruesome slayings have rattled this southeast corner of Appalachian Ohio, a region that culturally identifies more closely with neighboring Kentucky and West Virginia than the state’s northern cities.

[...]

Adding to the shock was the discovery of hundreds of illegal marijuana plants on Rhoden’s property, highlighting the region’s dependency on the illegal drug trade as jobs in agriculture and timber have dried up.

Audio 911 Calls

PRESSER: APRIL 27, 2016

Video Interview with Attorney General DeWine Published 8-13-16

MOD NOTE: You may discuss the criminal records of the family members who were murdered. In light of the grow operations they may be very relevant. Please refrain from posting criminal histories of other individuals who have not been named persons of interest or suspects by LE or simply because they have the last name of the victims or may be a distant cousin or aunt. Stick with the victims for now. That may change as more develops on this case.

Minors: You may discuss what is covered in the main stream media regarding the custody of minor children. If posting snips from articles regarding the children please redact their names. These babes are innocents. One day they will google their names or those of their parents. And plenty will come up. Let's be respectful of them and the catastrophic loss they have suffered at such tender ages. Thanks.

DO NOT SLEUTH STILL LIVING FAMILY MEMBERS' FACEBOOK PAGES AND POST ABOUT IT HERE. Just don't mention it. Period.

Leave the politics, both national and local, at the door. There is no room for them here.

Try to keep your speculation broad as LE have given no statements indicating they have POIs or suspects in mind.

Rules Etiquette & Information

CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.

MEDIA LINKS NO DISCUSSION

CASE MAP (courtesy of K.L.Puyallup)
Preliminary Autopsy Reports
Final Autopsy Reports

source article

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21

Victims
Rhodens-all-2.jpg

link:rose:

From left, top row: Christopher Rhoden Jr., Christopher Rhoden Sr., Dana Rhoden, Clarence “Frankie” Rhoden; bottom row: Hanna Rhoden, Hannah Gilley, Kenneth Rhoden, Gary Rhoden

Just wondering has anyone ever seen a news report stating that one of the crime properties did not belong to Chris R. Sr ? Have I missed that all this time ,dont think its real important , but dont remember seeing this before . I have the news link , but not sure if I'm allowed to post it .( includes names of potential owners )

Supposedly the land that Frankie's house was on wasn't Chris's. But I never thought that was true. Doesn't make much sense that there would be a small parcel of land in the middle of Chris's land that belonged to somebody else. Because it wasn't Frankie's either! I always thought that was just a bunch of baloney, that somebody got confused.

I'm making a summary of pertinent notes about the autopsy reports. I'll post it later. There's much to be learned from them, even though much is missing.

Note the reports were "dumped" in the news media on a Friday, usually a tactic where LE doesn't want people to read the information. AKA Friday News Dump. Again, IMO, it points to LE wanting to keep information about this case out of the news media.

Couple of things I noted right away:

In all of the men, the description of their genitals is redacted. It's a very small amount of information. In most autopsies it would say "Penis is normal, circumcised" or something similar. Redacted in all the men, kind of unusual considering they died of gunshot wounds to the head.

Another area where everyone's autopsy reports were somewhat normal and brief, but had words redacted was in the description of their vertebrae, pelvis, ribs and sternum.

Some stomach contents were revealed, others redacted. Wonder if there was evidence of some ingestion of drugs (capsule residue, etc.) in those that were redacted.

That's all I have for now. What do you think?

Supposedly the land that Frankie's house was on wasn't Chris's. But I never thought that was true. Doesn't make much sense that there would be a small parcel of land in the middle of Chris's land that belonged to somebody else. Because it wasn't Frankie's either! I always thought that was just a bunch of baloney, that somebody got confused.

I posted a question about who owned the land that FR's home was on months ago. According to the records, it is not owned by a Rhoden. I don't recall the name right now.

Curious as to why some toe tags were just names ,yet a few had their name and BCI , any thoughts ? Also wondered why Dana had the only pending tox. results ? All the rest were just blocked out .

I'm making a summary of pertinent notes about the autopsy reports. I'll post it later. There's much to be learned from them, even though much is missing.

Note the reports were "dumped" in the news media on a Friday, usually a tactic where LE doesn't want people to read the information. AKA Friday News Dump. Again, IMO, it points to LE wanting to keep information about this case out of the news media.

Couple of things I noted right away:

In all of the men, the description of their genitals is redacted. It's a very small amount of information. In most autopsies it would say "Penis is normal, circumcised" or something similar. Redacted in all the men, kind of unusual considering they died of gunshot wounds to the head.

Another area where everyone's autopsy reports were somewhat normal and brief, but had words redacted was in the description of their vertebrae, pelvis, ribs and sternum.

Some stomach contents were revealed, others redacted. Wonder if there was evidence of some ingestion of drugs (capsule residue, etc.) in those that were redacted.

That's all I have for now. What do you think?

There is a blank under Genitalia for all the men, but there is another mention in Frankie's report that is redacted...

One of the potential owner's maiden name was interesting .

One of the potential owner's maiden name was interesting .

Just throwing this out here: What if redacting the info about stomach contents indicates some were doing drugs like oxy, etc. Could indicate CR1 and others were involved in other areas of drug dealing.

Re: info in the autopsy reports. Some of the noted "congestion" in the thyroid tissue (I'm unable to recall who had it) could be due to a couple of factors. One could be due to the body position at the time of injury. Blood will pool at the lowest spot so if the person is on his or her side or face down, blood will pool at the front of the neck. Two, if a person still has a blood pressure for a few minutes post injury, edema occurs and causes congestion in tissues. I also noted pulmonary edema on one of the reports; this would cause the pulmonary edema as well. Pulmonary edema can be caused by trauma to the chest (it would have to be a pretty severe trauma) or a severe infection such as pneumonia. Just something that stood out to me as I was reading as I noted congestion in tissue on a few reports....

I wish we knew the calibers of the firearms used. I can understand the reason for keeping that from the media in order to find the weapon(s) used but I just wonder if the firearms used were the type commonly used by LE..... I sincerely doubt the murders were committed by .22s. Especially with the skull fractures - I'm going out on a limb and in my opinion, I'd say semi-auto 9mms or .40s or .45s. But that's just MOO.....

Nothing like some musings at 3am....
If I was ever going to commit a murder (which would never happen - I'm into saving lives, not taking them), in order to not leave trace evidence, I would put on a Tyvek suit (my husband uses them in his spray foam business but we use them at the hospital too) - a white paper jumpsuit that covers from neck to ankles. I would also use latex gloves, paper booties and the paper hair covers (like a shower cap) that we wear in surgery to cover the hair. Once the crime is committed, before getting in the car, everything goes into a bag. Once you get away, down a dark country road you go and get that bag out. Set it in the road and with one flick of a Bic, poof !!! That evidence goes up in smoke. I'm not saying that's what happened here...I'm just saying that's what I would do.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail