Found Deceased UK - Scott Diver, 16, Clydebank, 17 September 2016

Vic87

Reaction score
http://www.scotland.police.uk/whats-happening/missingpersons/scott-diver

"Police Scotland is renewing an appeal to find a teenage boy missing from his home in Clydebank since Saturday 17 September.

Scott Diver (16) of Second Avenue, Clydebank, was last seen in the afternoon of Saturday 17 September.

He is described as white, 5 ft 7 inches, with slim build with blue eyes (NOT brown as previously stated) and dark hair."

Posting this as a majority of teens who disappears around here are found days later or are found travelling through Glasgow be it CCTV at a train or bus station but doesn't appear to be a trace Scott.

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

This is an odd case, not a single confirmed sighting and apparently his phone was last picked up in Linwood which is quite a bit away from Clydebank.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

It isn't actually that far if you go over the Erskine Bridge, you can get even a bus from Clydebank over to Paisley. Police Scotland are great at checking cctv so it is worrying there has been no sign of him at all.

Press conference this morning according to the daily record.

I haven't seen it in the media, But Scott's aunt says on the FInd Facebook page that Scott speaks with an English accent.

I haven't seen it in the media, But Scott's aunt says on the FInd Facebook page that Scott speaks with an English accent.
I believe he grew up on the Isle of Man.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-37483690

"The teenager has been described as needing regular medication"

Now this was something I'm sure I had read of Facebook unofficially. Why is it just being announced now...?

I was going to post this too as I picked up on it earlier. That and the 2 posts from family stating he would be scared if approached by a group of people, and is very vulnerable. I thought these might be subtle hints that Scott could be on the autistic spectrum, just speculation obviously on my part. I really worry about this young lad, no trace of him at all, it all seems very odd.

Also there are conflicting statements by police Scotland and family over what height Scott is, 2 posts by PS say 5'10 but others including family posts say 5'7.

I think it is the co-op on Dunn Street, it's in a shopping precinct and hard to see on google maps.

I can't get my head round why there's no more media coverage for this boy, he's been described as vulnerable and needs medication every day. He's 16 so legally an adult but still a child in so many ways. I can't help feeling that if it was a girl the media would be blasting this story from the rooftops. I fear as time goes on this story will not end well.

There has been coverage in local news. The media can help police in some cases to make a big deal about a case and to tone it down in others for various reasons. If Scott is the type of person to get spooked by a big crowd I doubt he would be fine with his face all over the UK media.

As for him getting spooked by large crowds searching I feel this could have been mentioned to put people off searching for him and have a few theories why.

There has been coverage in local news. The media can help police in some cases to make a big deal about a case and to tone it down in others for various reasons. If Scott is the type of person to get spooked by a big crowd I doubt he would be fine with his face all over the UK media.

As for him getting spooked by large crowds searching I feel this could have been mentioned to put people off searching for him and have a few theories why.
I get what you're saying but when Paige went missing from the same area the media were all over it, local and national. This boys the same age and described as vulnerable, unless the police already have an idea what's happened to him and have asked the media to minimise the coverage, I can't see why there's not been the same level of coverage. There's always very little media when it comes to missing males in comparison to females, of any age, sadly.

Interested to hear your theories, I have one or 2 of my own.

This child/teen/young man has been missing for over 2 weeks.
Where are you Scott?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho