1034 users online (179 members and 855 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 101 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #1

Fears growing for missing RAF serviceman who vanished after night out

Concerns were growing today for the safety of a young military policeman who vanished after a night out and may have tried to walk eight miles back to his base.

Camera operators saw him getting up and walking off - but he failed to return to Honington, the headquarters of the RAF Force Protection who guard UK military installations around the world.

Despite an appeal to motorists, villagers along the serviceman’s route and a search by the Suffolk police helicopter there has been no trace of him.

Corrie is described as white, 5ft 10ins tall, medium build, with short light brown hair. He was wearing a light-pink polo shirt and white jeans when last seen.
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/715...ague-honington

skibaboo is online now <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Quote Originally Posted by MelmothTheLost View Post
    Fears growing for missing RAF serviceman who vanished after night out

[B]

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/715...ague-honington
    walk.jpg

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/RA...52.2429228!3e2

Close to a 3 hour walk it says. That lake there is worrying, if he tried to take a short cut or got lost :/
    Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Quote Originally Posted by skibaboo View Post
    Close to a 3 hour walk it says. That lake there is worrying, if he tried to take a short cut or got lost :/
    Unless he was massively ratted I'd imagine a fit young serviceman would have covered that distance in rather less than 3 hours. In fact I'd have expected him to run or at least jog it so he could well have done it within an hour.

I'm less concerned about the lake, which does not lie directly alongside the road he most likely walked/ran, than the areas of woodland that line parts of the most likely route. All of the indicated routes on your map are unlit with some sharp bends, so my concern is that he could have been struck by a car in one of those lanes and his body thrown into undergrowth or the bordering woodland. The OS map of the area shows very few public footpaths, and none that would shorten his route, so it's very unlikely that he tried to cut across the fields.

He was seen getting up from a doorway at 3.23am and presumably starting to walk/run back to base. Assuming he was walking along one of those routes between then and 6.30am he could easily have been struck by an early commuter or someone driving home after a night shift.

Another possibility, and this really does worry me, is that he was seized by Islamaloons. You may recall that there was an attempt a month or so ago by a couple of presumed Islamic militants to kidnap an RAF serviceman near a base in Norfolk. If they've taken to hanging around outside military bases like that, then a young man seen in the vicinity of an RAF base early in the morning is a possible target.

Suffolk Police have released CCTV footage of Corrie in BSE in the early hours of the morning he went missing:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-37501796

From what I can see he does not appear to be drunk; at least in the first half of the clip he walks steadily and confidently across the line of view of the camera.

He's still missing.

I've watched it a couple of times and he appears to be weaving a little after he passes the blurred out people.

Do police know who the people are? They don't seem to have asked them to come forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat28 View Post
    I've watched it a couple of times and he appears to be weaving a little after he passes the blurred out people.
    Yes, which is why I said he looked to be walking normally in the first part of the clip. He seems to be slightly hunched over something, which I assume is his phone. Then, when he passes by the group he seems to drop something because he stoops down to pick it up and put it in his back pocket. Unfortunately the patch of blurring means you can't clearly see what happens there. But I agree, his demeanour does change when/after he encounters that group.

Do police know who the people are? They don't seem to have asked them to come forward.
    True - I've not seen any appeals for them to come forward.

Quote Originally Posted by MelmothTheLost View Post
    Yes, which is why I said he looked to be walking normally in the first part of the clip. He seems to be slightly hunched over something, which I assume is his phone.
    Whatever he's holding is too big to be a phone. It looks like a bag of chips, which he might have been able to get from a takeaway of some sort in the early hours. I wonder if what looks like him weaving is simply hesitation between carrying on walking and eating as he goes, or ducking into a doorway to eat before continuing his walk home.
    Last edited by MelmothTheLost; 09-29-2016 at 06:16 AM.

skibaboo is online now <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    I think he walks like he is drunk or at least tipsy, but not 'wasted' drunk, and I agree he is eating something, looks like chips or a kebab. I think it looks like he is eating chips with a fork and drops the fork
    Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

I live in rural Suffolk, not too far from Bury St Edmunds. I hope Corrie is found soon. From the CCTV it definitely appears that he's eating chips or a kebab or something from a takeaway tray, as others have said - he doesn't seem exceedingly drunk, just a little bit tipsy perhaps.

Just seen this on facebook, have quite a few mutual friends. Unfortunately he def does look tipsy in that footage, really don't like it when young ones go missing after a night out, it never seems to be good news. I hope I'm wrong.

alreetlike is offline All human wisdom is summed up in these two words -- wait and hope
    He certainly looks drunk in the footage. Not "wasted" but I've seen that sort of walk a thousand times and done it plenty myself. He'd definitely be liable to stumble into the road/trip on something/miss a step and fall down. I also agree that he's eating chips or something. I wonder if they know where he got it from and what he was like then.

I have to say, that's the best quality CCTV footage I've seen in ages.

This has just been shared by a facebook friend of mine, it's not that near to me, not sure if she knows him but I thought I'd check here for more details before I share forward.

Going to catch up now

Quote Originally Posted by alreetlike View Post
    He certainly looks drunk in the footage. Not "wasted" but I've seen that sort of walk a thousand times and done it plenty myself. He'd definitely be liable to stumble into the road/trip on something/miss a step and fall down. I also agree that he's eating chips or something. I wonder if they know where he got it from and what he was like then.

I have to say, that's the best quality CCTV footage I've seen in ages.
    ITA agree about the quality, amazing, it's almost looks like a TV programme.

I'd say he drops a chip/some of his food and then appears much more unsteady, definitely looks a bit drunk to me.

I don't think we'll see a good outcome to this, young man, night out and early hours seldom end well but let's hope this one is different

Quote Originally Posted by skibaboo View Post
    walk.jpg

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/RA...52.2429228!3e2

Thanks for the map, lots of fields to search whichever way he went

Page 1 of 101 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast