Identified! LA - Slidell (Rigolets), WhtMale 70-80, UP53214, Severed limbs, open-heart bypass surgery, Jul'16 - Kleanthis Konstantinidis

folieadeuxnola

70's-80's Jane Doe's
Reaction score
Found - 07/29/16
Location - Rigolets southeast of Slidell (Intersection of US 90 and LA 433)
Male - 5'10" - Estimated to be 65 yrs old or older
Brown Hair; Dark Eyes
Southern European or Middle Eastern decent
Scar on chest appeared to be from heart surgery

Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Timothy Crabtree at 985-898-2338
or call Crimestoppers at 504-822-1111. You can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a cash reward.

https://www.stpso.com/home-articles/new-details-released-about-unidentified-homicide-victim/

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2016/09/man_found_dead_near_slidell_ha.html

http://image.nola.com/home/nola-media/width620/img/crime_impact/photo/21197219-mmmain.jpg

21197219-mmmain.jpg

Authorities release sketch of man found dead in the Rigolets (VIDEO WWLTV NEWS)

http://www.wwltv.com/video/news/loc...of-man-found-dead-in-the-rigolets/289-2374706

New Details Released About Unidentified Homicide Victim
https://www.stpso.com/home-articles/new-details-released-about-unidentified-homicide-victim/

Around 7:00 a.m. on Friday, July 29, the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office was notified by a passerby of a badly decomposed body, which was found on Highway 90, just east of the intersection of Highway 433. An autopsy, conducted by the St. Tammany Parish Coroner’s Office, determined that the body was that of a male who was approximately 5’10” tall and approximately 65 years of age, or older. The cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head.

The only distinguishable mark was a scar on the victim’s chest from a prior open heart bypass surgery.

For almost two months, detectives have followed several leads, all of which resulted in no positive results. No one has come forward with information, and DNA from the victim has yielded in no matches from any local or national databases. A check of various missing persons has also yielded in no positive matches.

* The victim was not killed at the location where the body was found. Authorities believe the victim was killed at least 3 days prior to the body being dumped on Highway 90.

* Both of the victim’s arms were dismembered, along with one of his leg’s (just below the knee). The extremities have not been recovered. It is a possibility that the suspect intentionally cut off the limbs in an attempt to hide tattoos or prominent scars.

* The body was dumped at the location on Highway 90 between the hours of 10:30 p.m. on Thursday, July 28 and 7:00 a.m. on Friday, July 29.

* Based off of some recovered evidence at the scene on Highway 90, it is believed that the victim, or suspect, may have ties to the Mississippi Gulf Coast. It is also a possibility that the victim may have been homeless or a transient, but this is only an assumption. We have partnered with the FBI and have reached out to numerous local and state law enforcement agencies.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Timothy Crabtree at 985-898-2338 or call Crimestoppers at 504-822-1111. You can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a cash reward

PHENOTYPE REPORT
Capture.JPG

Update from DDP: St. Tammany Parish John Doe's ethnicity report is in!

"The DNA Doe Project is pleased to share that St. Tammany Parish John Doe’s DNA has completed processing, and analysis will be ongoing.

On July 29, 2016 the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office was notified of a body on Highway 90 at Highway 433 north of New Orleans. An autopsy determined the badly decomposed body was male approximately 5’10” tall and age 65 years or older. The cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head; the manner of death was homicide. The only distinguishable mark was a scar on the victim’s chest from a prior open heart surgery. The victim’s arms and one leg were missing, and possibly intentionally cut off to hide tattoos or prominent scars.

There is a good chance that STP John Doe has brown eyes. His mtDNA haplogroup is H, and his ethnicity report is included below. He has an interesting mix of several populations. The four biggest are: East Mediterranean, North Atlantic, West Mediterranean, and Baltic."

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1540155813046.jpg
    FB_IMG_1540155813046.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 33
STPSO had mentioned that their were items found at the seem that tied the man to Biloxi MS. All thou STPSO never publicly stated as to what the items were. Given the fact he had heart surgery indicated he obviously had decent resources to acquire a fairly expensive surgery.

This was a horrific crime it blows my mind ... IMO this speaks volumes of a possible drug cartel/gang related crime or this guy was a gambler and owed money.

This man’s body was dumped in St. Tammany. Do you know him?

AKPNSZUZGVB5FJFGAFCY25M474.jpg
QBBQK4EJ5ZDJBEVA6QGD5BCJ3Y.jpg
UHEDLBEYJZGQRIUI7ANKGRPRKQ.jpg
7DMWOGIINZFEDLOVMWHO5NHEL4.jpg

St. Tammany Parish Coroner’s Office is again asking for the public’s help to identify a man whose body was found dumped in rural eastern St. Tammany Parish in the summer of 2016.

During a news conference Thursday (April 11) in Lacombe, Coroner Charles Preston said he hopes new images of what the man might have looked like will jog someone’s memory. The man was a homicide victim whose body was dumped at a spot off U.S. 90 near the Rigolets, authorities have said.

This man’s body was dumped in St. Tammany. Do you know him?

St. Tammany Parish John Doe has a new reconstruction, courtesy of the LSU FACES Lab.

57015567_2296895643902541_7617346798373306368_n.jpg

The info released back in October about his admixture gives the feel of maybe one North Atlantic grandparent, with the rest clustered around the western Mediterranean. Doesn't feel like a typical LA Cajun or Creole mix.

St. Tammany Parish John Doe has a new reconstruction, courtesy of the LSU FACES Lab.

57015567_2296895643902541_7617346798373306368_n.jpg

The info released back in October about his admixture gives the feel of maybe one North Atlantic grandparent, with the rest clustered around the western Mediterranean. Doesn't feel like a typical LA Cajun or Creole mix.
Sounds Cypriot to me.

I just wanted to share for people who cannot see the Google sheet:

St. Tammany Parish John Doe does not have any high-level matches. Unfortunately, his highest match is 21.5, which is not very good at all. These are just his GEDMatch matches, and not FTDNA, so he may have better matches there. If not, it is just a waiting game.

St Tammany John Doe got a higher match this week - but unfortunately, not much higher. I wonder why his matches are so few.

It was discussed on the DDP thread that according to his phenotype report St Tammany John Doe is probably of Greek/Cypriot ancestry. There are a few big Greek communities in the USA and I think historically the very first Greek community in the USA was in New Orleans, Lousiana, but I believe there was a big wave of immigration from Greece in the XX century as well and they usually chose other destinations (there are a lot of Greeks in New York and California). Actually when I think about Greeks in the USA I always remember the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding". Actually according to wikipedia there are around 6000 Greeks in Louisiana now.

But I don't know how popular it is among the Greek population to do the genealogy...

Last edited:
:oops: I am pretty much ignorant when it comes to ethnic ancestry so maybe one of you will know whether Ali Kamhaz's Lebanese ethnicity lines up with JD's genetic admixture. At 88 yo he's a bit older than JD's 65-80 age estimate. Some of Mr. Kamhaz's features look similar to two of JD's composites, imo. The circumstances, location and timeline of his disappearance likely do not suggest a match, but we can't be sure he didn't get a ride with someone headed toward areas around La. I haven't found any indication that Ali had previous heart surgery. He did have dementia and diabetes, he used a cane and had a tattoo on his right forearm. I think this is interesting given investigators theorize JD's limbs may have been removed to hide identifying marks such as scars and tattoos. Maybe someone with DNA Doe Project can contact his family for more information and to conduct a comparison?

Ali Kamhaz – The Charley Project
  • Medical Conditions - Kamhaz suffers from dementia and diabetes.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics - Asian male. Gray hair, brown eyes. Kamhaz is from Lebanon and moved to the United States more than twenty years before his disappearance; he can speak only Arabic. He is balding and had a gray mustache at the time of his disappearance. He has a black ink tattoo of a woman on his right forearm and he walks with a cane.
Details of Disappearance
Kamhaz was last seen at his residence on William Allen Drive near Grove and Pleasant Streets in Paxton, Massachusetts at 10:30 a.m. on February 21, 2016. He wandered away and has never been heard from again.

At the time of his disappearance, Kamhaz was relatively high-functioning in spite of his dementia. He had wandered away before, reaching as far as Worcester, Massachusetts, but he's never been gone overnight. An extensive search of the area turned up no indication of his whereabouts. His case remains unsolved.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Family, police search for answers in missing persons' cold case of Ali Kamhaz
Original

ETA - Ali-Kamhaz
Ali-Kamhaz.jpg

Last edited:
:oops: I am pretty much ignorant when it comes to ethnic ancestry so maybe one of you will know whether Ali Kamhaz's Lebanese ethnicity lines up with JD's genetic admixture. At 88 yo he's a bit older than JD's 65-80 age estimate. Some of Mr. Kamhaz's features look similar to two of JD's composites, imo. The circumstances, location and timeline of his disappearance likely do not suggest a match, but we can't be sure he didn't get a ride with someone headed toward areas around La. I haven't found any indication that Ali had previous heart surgery. He did have dementia and diabetes, he used a cane and had a tattoo on his right forearm. I think this is interesting given investigators theorize JD's limbs may have been removed to hide identifying marks such as scars and tattoos. Maybe someone with DNA Doe Project can contact his family for more information and to conduct a comparison?

Ali Kamhaz – The Charley Project
  • Medical Conditions - Kamhaz suffers from dementia and diabetes.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics - Asian male. Gray hair, brown eyes. Kamhaz is from Lebanon and moved to the United States more than twenty years before his disappearance; he can speak only Arabic. He is balding and had a gray mustache at the time of his disappearance. He has a black ink tattoo of a woman on his right forearm and he walks with a cane.
Details of Disappearance
Kamhaz was last seen at his residence on William Allen Drive near Grove and Pleasant Streets in Paxton, Massachusetts at 10:30 a.m. on February 21, 2016. He wandered away and has never been heard from again.

At the time of his disappearance, Kamhaz was relatively high-functioning in spite of his dementia. He had wandered away before, reaching as far as Worcester, Massachusetts, but he's never been gone overnight. An extensive search of the area turned up no indication of his whereabouts. His case remains unsolved.

Family, police search for answers in missing persons' cold case of Ali Kamhaz
Original

ETA - Ali-Kamhaz
Ali-Kamhaz.jpg
very good find! I can see an uncanny resemblance. I have found this description of the Lebanese which seems to fit St Tammany John John Doe: “Ethnically, the Lebanese compose a mixture in which Phoenician, Greek, Armenian, and Arab elements are discernible”.

My only doubt is how he ended up so far from home and where he was for several months.

Facebook

The DNA Doe Project needs YOUR help! Do you recognize St. Tammany Parish John Doe (2016) or have roots in any of the following locations? Do you have any of these surnames in your own family tree? Turkey
Locations: Alaçatı/Alatsata, Istanbul
Surnames: Samiotes, Vasilakis, Stamatakis, Charouhas & Pagavla
Greece
Locations: Andros, Piraeus, Alexandroupoli, Chios
Surnames: Roussas, Drougas & Thoma
Romania & Moldova
Surnames: Luca & Pipa
Italy – Locana (Piedmont) & Veneto Region (Venice)
France – Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes

He also has some matches with roots in England and Germany, and his highest match (38.8cMs) has family in Suffolk County, Massachusetts. All other matches are under 30cMs.

We believe that St Tammany Parish John Doe (2016) may have been a recent immigrant from Turkey or Greece, or that his parents may have immigrated. The matches that we have to work with are very distant and located in countries where the records are scarce, making this case one of our most challenging.

His ethnicity breakdown is as follows:
• 23% Eastern Mediterranean (East_Med): Croatia, the Balkan countries, Greece and Turkey, and Italy.
• 22% North Atlantic: Great Britain, Ireland, Iceland, Western Scandinavia, Northern Germany, The Netherlands, and Belgium.
• 20% Western Mediterranean (West_Med): Monaco, Spain, France, and Italy
• 16% West Asian: Western sub-region of Asia, including the Caucasus.
• 15% Baltic: Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania.
• 2% Red Sea: The Gulf of Aqaba and the Gulf of Suez. Eastern shore: Saudi Arabia, Yemen. Western shore: Egypt, Sudan, Eritrea, and Djibouti.
• 2% East Asian: Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Japan, Mongolia, North Korea, South Korea, and Taiwan.
If you are interested in helping, consider uploading your DNA kit to GEDmatch and/or FamilyTreeDNA but be sure to read the company’s TOS and be cognizant that uploading to a different database may produce unexpected results. Also, having a public family tree is extremely helpful but only share one if you feel comfortable doing so.

Please do NOT contact the agency with kit numbers or family history, ONLY with actual tips about John Doe himself. If you think you might be related, please know that we can see matches and will be able to see your kit if you are indeed a match to our Doe.

For more information on this case, and images, please visit:
St. Tammany Parish John Doe (2016)
If you’d have any questions, please feel free to email us at admin@dnadoeproject.org.

Thank you so much for your attention and participation!

Facebook

The DNA Doe Project needs YOUR help! Do you recognize St. Tammany Parish John Doe (2016) or have roots in any of the following locations? Do you have any of these surnames in your own family tree? Turkey
Locations: Alaçatı/Alatsata, Istanbul
Surnames: Samiotes, Vasilakis, Stamatakis, Charouhas & Pagavla
Greece
Locations: Andros, Piraeus, Alexandroupoli, Chios
Surnames: Roussas, Drougas & Thoma
Romania & Moldova
Surnames: Luca & Pipa
Italy – Locana (Piedmont) & Veneto Region (Venice)
France – Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes

We believe that St Tammany Parish John Doe (2016) may have been a recent immigrant from Turkey or Greece, or that his parents may have immigrated. The matches that we have to work with are very distant and located in countries where the records are scarce, making this case one of our most challenging.

His ethnicity breakdown is as follows:
• 23% Eastern Mediterranean (East_Med): Croatia, the Balkan countries, Greece and Turkey, and Italy.
• 22% North Atlantic: Great Britain, Ireland, Iceland, Western Scandinavia, Northern Germany, The Netherlands, and Belgium.
• 20% Western Mediterranean (West_Med): Monaco, Spain, France, and Italy
• 16% West Asian: Western sub-region of Asia, including the Caucasus.
• 15% Baltic: Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania.
If you are interested in helping, consider uploading your DNA kit to GEDmatch and/or FamilyTreeDNA but be sure to read the company’s TOS and be cognizant that uploading to a different database may produce unexpected results. Also, having a public family tree is extremely helpful but only share one if you feel comfortable doing so.

Thank you so much for your attention and participation!
Interesting! I have roots in central Romania but my family tree on that side is almost non-existent. Their record-keeping isn't super up-to-date, so I'm not shocked they're having trouble.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back