1350 users online (237 members and 1113 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is online now A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

CA - Cristian Alan Soto, 23, San Francisco, 24 September 2016

Missing Man’s Family, Friends Ask for Public’s Help

Family and friends of a 23-year-old man who has been missing since September 24 are asking for the public’s help in finding him.

Cristian Alan Soto grew up in the Mission, but relocated to Concord with his mother and siblings less than a year ago. Soto is Mexican, with brown eyes and black hair, and described as 5’10” tall and weighing about 180 pounds. He was wearing black pants and a button up shirt with white flowers at the time of his disappearance.

Soto was reportedly last seen downtown, in the area of Bush Street and Van Ness Avenue, after leaving a friend’s home in the early morning hours on Saturday. The two had attended a concert by Australian record producer Flume on Friday night at the Bill Graham Auditorium at Civic Center.
    http://missionlocal.org/2016/09/miss...-publics-help/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

From that link:
    The friend believed that Soto walked back to his car, and reported that he was carrying a backpack.

Later that morning, a co-worker noticed Soto’s car still parked in the garage, and discovered his backpack “in front of the car.” The backpack’s contents – an ID card, credit cards, wallet, the car keys, and extra clothing – were strewn out on the ground.
    That sounds alarming! It sounds like he's a responsible, conscientious young man. What happened?? Was cash missing from the wallet, I wonder? Maybe he was held up for money...but, then what? The article does say that "He has also previously sought counseling for depression-related illnesses", which opens the possibility of that coming into play with his disappearance.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPiec...744738598365:0

"One still missing is one too many."
    Facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork

Oh, no. A one-sentence update to the first link says:
    Update: An update from the family indicates that Cristian Alan Soto’s disappearance was likely a suicide.
    But have they found his body? I wonder if that means they found a note. Perhaps he was depressed, then. Sad...

Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    Oh, no. A one-sentence update to the first link says:

But have they found his body? I wonder if that means they found a note. Perhaps he was depressed, then. Sad...

"likely a suicide" - I'm not sure how to interpret this

"One still missing is one too many."
    Facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork

The beginning of this report is even more confusing!
    Why is there a statement that he comitted suicide and later only writing about his missing?
    http://www.thesfnews.com/cristian-al...ember-24/28728

Quote Originally Posted by Darling136 View Post
    Why is there a statement that he comitted suicide and later only writing about his missing?
    Friends and family are posting to fb as if he has committed suicide but I can't find anything that says they found his body yet. Very strange that they would just assume he is dead. Maybe police just have not updated the media yet because it's Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by Darling136 View Post
    "Yelena Martinez updated San Francisco News that Soto had committed suicide.“Sadly he committed suicide in the golden gate. That’s why he left all his belongings."

Who is Yelena Martinez?
    Last edited by GigTu; 10-02-2016 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GigTu View Post

"Yelena Martinez updated San Francisco News that Soto had committed suicide.“Sadly he committed suicide in the golden gate. That’s why he left all his belongings."

Who is Yelena Martinez?
    thanks for this question! I was thinking the same, but then i am not near and this could be somebody "famous" so i did not dare to ask.

Difficult to tell if this is "resolved" or not.

I have not found other reports but there is a gofundme request for his memorial (CRISTIAN ALAN SOTO MEMORIAL FUND)

Family probably needs closure. I'm sad they've given up on him.

It was poorly worded but she said he committed suicide by jumping from the Golden Gate Bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by cvaldez1975 View Post
    It was poorly worded but she said he committed suicide by jumping from the Golden Gate Bridge.
    But do they know that for sure or are they just guessing? Did he leave a note or did someone see him jump? There should have been a police report and media reports that a body was found. I can't find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    But do they know that for sure or are they just guessing? Did he leave a note or did someone see him jump? There should have been a police report and media reports that a body was found. I can't find anything.

Agreed.
    They just shouldn't say end of story with no proof. I'm at a loss with such an ending and no proof. So sad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast