AL AL - Robert 'Shawn' Childers, 51, Florence, 17 Sept 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
New evidence located in the case of a missing Lauderdale County man
092816-childers1.jpg

Authorities in northwest Alabama continue their search for a missing Lauderdale County man.

Tuesday night, deputies received a promising lead and went into the woods Wednesday morning near the Tennessee state line.
http://whnt.com/2016/09/28/new-evidence-located-in-the-case-of-a-missing-lauderdale-county-man/

From your link los:

"Tuesday night, a hunter contacted the sheriff about a picture he caught on a game camera. Sheriff Singleton said it appears to be the 51-year-old, tattered from days in thick woods."

“This is not too awfully far from where he lived,” explained Singleton. “So we felt obviously compelled we needed to check it out. So our posse came out this morning and they rode the woods.

"The Posse said the woods were so thick in places, they lost track of one another."

"According to Singleton, they were unable to find any sign of Childers, but added the picture at least gives them something to move forward with."

Not found, but there were promissing signs and in the end, they found somebody else, not yet known whom.

http://whnt.com/2016/10/07/lauderdale-co-sheriff-robert-childers-found-alive-in-woods-near-his-home/

From that link:

A resident spotted a man and a mounted posse located him in the woods near his home– The Sheriff’s investigators believed it was him because he was found in expected area.

The man who IS NOT Childers is being transported to Eliza Coffee Memorial Hospital for evaluation and treatment. Sheriff Singleton said this man was found barefooted, but in good condition.

This is amazing. Why would someone else be out there barefoot? I wonder if he knows the missing man?

From that link:

This is amazing. Why would someone else be out there barefoot? I wonder if he knows the missing man?
It is Alabama!
No disrespect to anyone as I grew up in Pensacola, Florida and have many relatives from Alabama.

Sent from my SM-G930V

Shawn Childers still missing after 6 months
ld_missing_man770.jpg

It’s been six months since Shawn Childers walked out of his Lauderdale County home and disappeared.

His roommate and investigators all say he hasn't been seen nor heard from since. His story is one we were following even before he vanished.

On the night of September 17th, Shawn’s roommate, David Nix, says Shawn simply walked away, and vanished. "And he was dressed up, you know, in his dress clothes, had tears just rolling down his face, and he just grabbed me right here and hugged me, said I love you, said I don't know when I'll see you again, and stepped down right off the steps right here and started walking north right here into the dark," said Nix.

screen-shot-2016-09-30-at-11-18-47-pm.png

*Note: Hidden game camera photo of man initially believed to be Shawn Childers.
Investigators now say they know who this man is, and he is not Childers.

http://whnt.com/2016/10/04/frustrat...s-on-in-the-search-for-robert-shawn-childers/

http://whnt.com/2016/10/01/massive-search-for-shawn-childers-planned-for-saturday/

http://whnt.com/2017/03/19/shawn-childers-still-missing-after-6-months/amp/

September 19th will make one year since Shawn Childers went missing, the family has been told that the SO knows who did this and that Shawn is in a well somewhere in the area, however, there have been no arrests. There has been 2 raids on a residence but it seems the "suspect" knew the SO was coming and welcomed them with a smile! The person who is last said to see him alive, reported to have beaten him up, provided false information to SO and who filed the missing person's report is still free and refuses to take a lie detector test. The family has pushed and pushed for answers and are told repeatedly that the SO has none. Still praying for Justice for Shawn.

Still missing: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/35547/

Pictures in NAMUS look different from the above pictures:

Circumstances:
The Lauderdale Conty Sheriff's Department is asking the public's assistance in locating Robert Deshawn Childers. Me Childers ws reported missing on Sept 19th, 2016 from a residence on County Road 141. Mr Childers was last seen wearing blue jeans, long sleeve green shirt and brown cowboy boots.
His roommate reported that Shawn left from his home at 1237 Hwy 141 Florence Al somewhere between 9 and 12 pm. He gave no indication where he was going only. He locked his truck and walked down the road. He was not seen again.. He reportedly had little or no money when he last left home. Friends are worried that he may be disoriented or even in danger due to a property dispute in which he was involved.

Robert Deshawn Childers – The Charley Project

Robert Deshawn Childers

childers_robert.jpg
childers_robert2.jpg
childers_robert3.jpg

Missing Since 09/17/2016
Missing From Florence, Alabama
Classification Endangered Missing
Sex Male
Race White
Age 51 years old
Height and Weight 6'2, 240 pounds
Clothing/Jewelry Description A green long-sleeved Wrangler shirt, blue Wrangler jeans and brown cowboy boots.
Medical Conditions Childers is classified as disabled and has mental health and substance abuse problems. He takes medication.
Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Gray hair, blue eyes. Childers's nickname is Shawn. He has fused cervical vertebrae and he walks with a limp due to neck and back injuries. He has scars from prior surgeries, including an ostomy scar and a scar down the back of his neck going down to his back.

Details of Disappearance
Childers was last seen at a residence in the 1200 block of Highway 141 in Florence, Alabama on September 17, 2016. His roommate, David Nix, stated he left his home sometime between 9:00 and 12:00 p.m., crying, after hugging him and saying, "I love you, said I don't know when I'll see you again." He has never been heard from again. In 2017, some of his medication was found south of his home.

A neighbor reported seeing Childers with Nix after the time Nix says Childers left the house, and Nix has given inconsistent statements about his disappearance. He stated he and Childers did not get along and had had physical fights in the past. Nix maintains his innocence in the case and has not been named as a suspect.

Childers was involved in a property dispute at the time of his disappearance. His father had purchased a house and land and lived there with Childers, but the home was confiscated due to unpaid taxes and sold at auction to a man named Leroy Darby, who was attempting to have both men evicted by the time of Childers's father's death in 2014.

Four to five months before Childers disappeared, Darby had the power to the home turned off in an attempt to persuade Childers to leave. A few months later, Darby made another attempt to evict him. Childers was able to get a court order to halt the eviction proceedings, but not before Darby confiscated some of his belongings and dumped them in a ditch in front of the house.

There was a hearing scheduled to determine who legally owned the home where Childers lived, but he disappeared beforehand, a few months after his belongings were dumped in the ditch.

It's unknown whether his disappearance is related to the property dispute, but police believe he may no longer be alive. Since his disappearance there has been no activity on Social Security number or bank account. His case remains unsolved.

ALT TXT
ALT TXT

Name: Robert Deshawn Childers
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: September 17, 2016
Location Last Seen: Florence, Lauderdale County, Alabama

Physical Description​

Date of Birth: September 11, 1965
Race: White
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 240-245 lbs.
Hair Color: Gray
Eye Color: Blue
Nickname/Alias: Shawn
Distinguishing Marks/Features: He has a fused neck cervical vertebrae, scar down the back of neck onto back, scars from surgery and ostomy, walks with a limp due to back and neck injuries.

Identifiers​

Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Not available

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Wrangler blue jeans and green Wrangler shirt.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Brown cowboy boots.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back