801 users online (120 members and 681 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Africa - Seychelles Police Probe Deaths of Sisters Annie and Robin Korkki

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/se...korkki-n656651
    An American family was looking for answers Thursday after two sisters were found dead in their hotel room on a paradise island in the Indian Ocean.
    "There were no marks on them whatsoever," Seychelles Tourism Minister Alain St Ange told NBC News. "They had a good time in the day and then they went to their room."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/...an-island.html

A Minnesota man says his family has been given little information on how his two sisters died while vacationing on a tropical African island.

Since there were no marks on their bodies ,nor signs of foul play -- my mind went to some dark places -- like the possible use of banned pesticides or carbon monoxide poisoning ? Imo.

Very tragic for their loved ones.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/09...an-island.html
    Hotel staff had observed the pair drinking alcohol throughout the day and had to be helped to their room last Wednesday by a butler at around 8:15 p.m., according to the Seychelles Nation. Police said the butler returned to the room at around 8:30 a.m. the next day to find the door left the same as it was the night before. By 11 a.m., there was still no sign of them and that’s when hotel staff entered the room.

Above link has a small graphic about Seychelles.

If they'd died from alcohol poisoning that would have been evident by now.
    Last edited by LietKynes; 09-29-2016 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Added

My first thought was pesticide poisoning too. I remember the family of four in the past year or so that suffered pesticide poisoning at a high class resort. The dad and two sons were all left paralyzed - horrible thing to happen.

This is indeed a sad story. I'll be it was carbon monoxide or a pesticide, but I wonder if the family will ever find out for sure?

Didn't something similar happen to some western tourists at a lower-rent place in Thailand or Cambodia? Two girls, I think.

ETA: Aha! Yes, two sisters from Canada. Years later an independent coroner believes they were poisoned by a pesticide used to kill bedbugs: http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...s-coroner-says

Quote Originally Posted by Island_Chica View Post
    This is indeed a sad story. I'll be it was carbon monoxide or a pesticide, but I wonder if the family will ever find out for sure?

Didn't something similar happen to some western tourists at a lower-rent place in Thailand or Cambodia? Two girls, I think.

ETA: Aha! Yes, two sisters from Canada. Years later an independent coroner believes they were poisoned by a pesticide used to kill bedbugs: http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...s-coroner-says
    WS: Thailand - Noemi, 26, & Audrey Belanger, 20, found dead, Phi Phi, 15 June 2012

Quote Originally Posted by LietKynes View Post

If they'd died from alcohol poisoning that would have been evident by now.
    If they haven't done an autopsy, I'm not sure how they could rule out alcohol poisoning. Sounds like they were both highly intoxicated...couldn't make it to their room unassisted after a day of drinking...but for both of them to die by alcohol poisoning sounds quite suspicious. I'd start with the butler!!

Quote Originally Posted by Island_Chica View Post

And Chica, this is scary! We are in the middle of a bedbug outbreak as we speak. Think of all the poisons that are being used to eradicate them? We're danged if we do, and we're danged if we don't. This story is so sad. About the epidemic.

Today the number of bed bugs is absolutely exploding. I remember when I was young my mother would tell me to “sleep tight and don’t let the bed bugs bite”, but I didn’t even know what bed bugs were because I had never seen any. But today, CBS News says that more than 250 million dollars a year (and rising) is spent fighting bed bugs.

Things have gotten so bad that a “National Bed Bug Summit” was held earlier this year in Washington D.C.

Will we soon have a “war on bed bugs”?

I can just see it now: “You are either with us or you are with the bed bugs”.

So exactly what are bed bugs?

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...d-bug-epidemic
    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

“It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.”

The missing and murdered cannot cry out for Justice. It is the duty for the living to do so for them.

I stand with Standing Rock!

We spoke, prayers were answered!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/army-grant-...ry?id=43969890

I do not think there is sn inexpensive place to stsy on the Seychelles. This would be major bucks.

Could they have taken some drugs? Very well to do people get away with bringing drugs to places where they are not allowed. I don't mean the sisters, but someone like a film star.

This is such a strange tragedy. I do wonder why they're crowdfunding funeral costs for two women who could afford to stay at a $2k/night resort hotel. Surely their estates (as the news story says, they were both "successful," which tends to mean $$$) or families have those funds? I mean, obviously people can do whatever they want with their money but it just seems like maybe donating in their names to a more pressing cause might be prudent...

Drugs. Definitely drugs since carbon monoxide hasn't been mentioned.

I'm going to go with some research chemicals they got off the darknet and believed were MDMA.

What about the prospect of a suicide pact? Is that even a remote possibility?

what about them doing some local spirit/vision quest and accidentally poisoning themselves?

Health risks in the Seychelles

* Chikungunya, which causes ailments resembling flu like joint pain. The virus can cause death and symptoms can last for months.

* Leptospirosis, a bacterial infection caused by contaminated water.

* Cercarial dermatitis can infect ocean swimmers. Yellow fever is also possible.

* Palm spiders are visible by their huge nests, and ants, sand fleas and roaches also hang out on the islands. <-- Can people be allergic to spiders? Though I guess it's unlikely they would both have an allergy.

IMO it would be really weird for both of them to get one of the above at the same time, but carbon monoxide poisoning or some kind of intentional poisoning or bad drug/OD could do that.

It looks like they were staying at a fancy-schmancy place and I think they would have had to have all the necessary vaccinations up to date.

Hmmmm.
    Last edited by bluesneakers; 09-29-2016 at 08:40 PM.

https://www.tsogosun.com/maia/

Website for the resort.

Couldn't be pesticide poisoning. I think this was their last night on the island and they definitely would have been seeing some symptoms by then.
    A bad batch of drugs sounds most likely. One last hoorah before heading home. Otherwise a random carbon monoxide leak.
    So sad and confusing! I feel for their families being in limbo.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast