UK - 14 yo girl abducted in broad daylight, Oxford, 28 Sept 2016

Ellmau

Reaction score
Terrifying case - a 14 y o girl n her way to school was abducted off the street by two men and raped.

Thames Valley Police statement: https://www.facebook.com/thamesvp/?fref=ts

Local paper: http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/14...ter_schoolgirl_abducted_and_attacked/?ref=trn

Both men are being hunted by police and the car is "key" to the investigation.

Det Supt Ward said the force was doing all it could to catch those responsible as quickly as possible.

He said: "As a parent myself I know how difficult this is for people and how shocking it is.

"The road would have been busy with commuters and pople on the school run.

"We are asking anyone who saw a silver hatchback vehicle acting suspiciously in the area of Banbury Road and Marston Ferry Road during rush hour.

“I would specifically like to appeal to any cyclists and drivers who passed through the area, to check any camera footage from a head or dash camera, to see if they any footage matching the circumstances of the incident.

“We have stepped up patrols in the area and there will be a very visible police presence whilst the investigation continues.

“We are treating this investigation with an utmost priority and every effort is being made to identify and apprehend the offenders".

That is horrible. I hope they have some video of them somewhere...rotten vile creeps.

I hope and pray that someone is able to give a clue to arrest these two.

Unfortunately the next time they do this - they may not leave the victim alive. I am sure this is going through the minds of the police at this time.

Dear God I hope they catch them soon!!

Prayers go out to the young girl as well as her family and to the police officers who I believe will track down these vile persons.

Oxford is not, unfortunately, a safe place. I pray the attackers are found soon. It sounds to me like the men were known to the girl. I lived in this area for some years. It might be thought of as "upmarket." However, I would see all areas as vulnerable as nowhere in Oxford is really far from anywhere else.

Marston Ferry Road has cycle tracks and can be quite deserted at times even though it is a dual carriageway. There are a cycle lanes so easy to hide from view. I can see how she could be abducted at one end and taken to the other end of yhat road.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...-off-the-roadside_uk_57ecdc7ee4b0e315f2827c3d
This article has a map. Poor girl. It looks as if they took her to the first place they could stop on the left and then dumped her. (The car could only go one way if she e ded up in Cavendish Road.) She would have had to cross to get to it. She must have walked a fair way. There are fields beyond the cycle tracks on each side of Marston Ferry Road.

Description of offenders just released

"The first man is described as being in his mid 20s, of medium build, with blue eyes and about 6ft tall.

He spoke with a northern accent, had shaven dark blonde hair and was balding but no facial hair.

He was wearing a hooded top with one pocket on the front and no drawstrings or logo, and black trousers.

The second man has brown hair that was gelled and was in his late teens or early 20s.

He was clean-shaven with brown eyes and was a slightly smaller build than the first man."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/oxford-police-investigating-abduction-rape-8955212

From Jackalyn's link:

They are also facing questions about why no public appeal was made to find the abducted girl despite school staff alerting the police to her disappearance just 15 minutes after she had been due at her fee-paying school. Detectives did not find the girl for three hours and did not activate Child Rescue Alert or make an immediate appeal to the public to help find her.

A spokesman for Thames Valley Police admitted last night they had received calls from the girl's school and her mother within 15 minutes of her being abducted.

They said they launched an investigation into her disappearance but did not find her.

One mother, who asked not to be named, said: 'I am shocked that, armed with information from the school and child's mother, they did not go public on radio and TV with appeals to find her.

'Who knows, had they done so she might have been located with the men before she was raped?

'Why didn't the police activate Child Rescue Alert? They knew what kind of child she was and that she was extremely unlikely to have just bunked off school.'

Please be clear I am not questioning the truth of this event.

The poor girl will have been through a hospital examination. I am NOT saying this was impossible, more sharing a query a friend and I had as we drove past the Oxford end of Marston Ferry Road yesterday.

There are traffic lights at the junction of Marston Ferry and Banbury Road.

At the time this happened traffic is dense and moves slowly. You cannot really stop for a while either side of the junction as you would block the road.

It would be hard to stop a car near the junction, get out and hug someone and get them into a car for a fair way either side of the junction on the Banbury Road without drawing attention to what you were doing.

All four ways at the junction are busy in rush hour.

I have seen passengers let out of a car when the ligts are red, but more than that you would have to notice near that junction and we just could not figure where the girl would have been picked up.

It would be either IN the Banbury Road or IN Marston Ferry, or in the road opposite Marston Ferry. In each case the reporting would have been different.

If at the junction, the car would have to have been stopped at the traffic lights. A very brazen act at this time in the morning and there must have been eye witnesses.

If you were in the car behind you would be thinking about what was happening and commenting.

This is why I thought the girl knew her attackers as the "hug" and looking like you knew the victim is the only way this could be pulled of at such a visible place.

Stopping near this junction would be very conspicuous indeed.

I really hope they catch these men quickly. They are brazen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back