1233 users online (193 members and 1040 guests)  

Websleuths News

OH - Omari Thomas, 23 mos, dies of cocaine OD, Columbus, 2 Oct 2005

A man accused in the death of his son was formally charged at the Franklin County courthouse Monday morning.

Omari Thomas died in early October after ingesting a large amount of cocaine. His father, Mario Crumpler, was charged with his murder, NBC 4's Elizabeth Scarborough reported.

Mario Crumpler also has sole custody of his 6-year-old daughter, but she is staying with her mother.
    http://www.nbc4i.com/news/5269570/de...s=col&psp=news

A Columbus man is accused of causing the death of his toddler son by leaving a large amount of cocaine where the boy could get ahold of it and swallow it.

Police said Crumpler's 23-month-old son ingested a large amount of cocaine while in his father's care on Oct. 2.

Shakira Thomas had custody but allowed Crumpler to take the child on visits occasionally, Lively said.
    http://www.nbc4i.com/news/5267168/de...s=col&psp=news
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

This is so senseles it makes me sick!! Another beautiful innocent life gone because of their parent's STUPIDITY!

Mario Crumpler

Housed: London Correctional Institution
    Admission Date: 02/12/2007

Offense: 3rd Degree Involuntary Manslaughter
    Sentence: 5 years

Expiration Stated Term: 06/25/2011

Is it wrong to cross my fingers and hope that he goes and OD's himself within hours of getting out...
    I would. I don't know how I would live with myself if my own selfishness resulted in the death of any child, especially one of my own.
    This was so much more than involuntary third degree, and he should be serving a life sentence. moo.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.