1303 users online (230 members and 1073 guests)  

Websleuths News

MA - Samantha Dierauer, 23, Haverhill, 29 Sept 2016

HAVERHILL Police are on the lookout for a young woman who left a substance abuse rehabilitation center, and whose relatives fear she is returning to life-threatening drug use.
    Relatives say they fear for her safety.

She is 5-feet, 6-inches tall, weighs about 140 pounds and often changes her hair color, said her grandmother, Gail Dierauer.
    http://www.eagletribune.com/news/sea...326229760.html
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

This is becoming such a big problem. Ill keep my eyes out - this is a nearby community.

Samantha has a lengthy arrest record. I'm going to refrain from posting for now but search her name and you'll see it. I just hope she is found before she hurts herself or hurts someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    Samantha has a lengthy arrest record. I'm going to refrain from posting for now but search her name and you'll see it. I just hope she is found before she hurts herself or hurts someone else.
    I see what you mean. She needs to get clean - seems to be at the core of her troubles. She has so many different looks, I don't think I would recognize her.

Much more detailed article about the two women who left rehab (one was found, Samantha is still out there): http://www.eagletribune.com/news/sea...da9162a5f.html
    Police said they are on the lookout for Dierauer, the other missing woman. Gail Dierauer of Amesbury said her granddaughter disappeared several days after being released last week from the drug rehabilitation program where she and McCusker were roommates.

This week, Dierauer's family was granted a Section 35 court order for Samantha to be held in a drug facility. They also filed a missing person report.
    Gail Dierauer said when Samantha was in middle school, she began using medications such as Adderall she bought from friends to "self-medicate."

She said her granddaughter eventually moved on to stronger drugs, including heroin, and has had a long history of problems related to drug use.

Samantha's father, 19-year-old sister and 8-year-old brother had hopes she would overcome her addiction, Gail Dierauer said.

"Her drug abuse has been an issue since middle school and to get rid of the pain of mental illness, she self-medicates," she said. "I describe Samantha as a little bird with a big hole in her heart that she fills with drugs."

Gail Dierauer said she worries that if Samantha is on the streets too long, she will overdose.

"She needs to be in a locked unit to succeed," Gail Dierauer said. "At a dual diagnosis center, she'll get the psychiatric and medical help she needs while dealing with her addiction.

"It takes a toll on me, but I have a great support system, great friends, and I have my faith," Gail Dierauer said. "And I have 12 grandchildren and they keep me happy. ... I'll do anything to save Samantha from dying from her addiction."
    Her poor family.

Found, but fighting drug problems

woman who went missing after she left a drug rehabilitation center on Sept. 23 showed up at a hospital last Thursday.
    http://www.newburyportnews.com/news/...f1c7f03d6.html

Quote Originally Posted by Darling136 View Post
    Some quotes from that link:

Gail Dierauer said it was fate that her granddaughter developed a serious infection that required hospitalization because it allowed her time to speak with granddaughter about rehabilitation options and to try to find her a bed.

“She was smart enough to get off the street and into a hospital,” Gail Dierauer said, noting that with her granddaughter in the hospital she made the difficult decision of notifying police to take her into custody and bring her to court for a Section 35 hearing.

During that hearing, a court clinician testified that Samantha Dierauer not only had a medical condition she needed continued treatment for, but that as someone who has been a chronic drug user at such a young age, she for her own safety she should not be released back onto the streets.
    Michael Dierauer said that if his daughter were to be held in a state facility until the first of the year, there is a chance he can add her to his health insurance at that time, and that it might help pay for a private rehabilitation center.

“They advised her not to leave the program early, but to finish it then enter a step-down treatment program,” he said.

“She made a good choice today to go willingly,” Gail Dierauer said about her granddaughter. “Filing a Section 35 was the toughest thing I’ve ever done, but I did it to save her life. It was the only alternative the hospital gave me.”
    Bless her grandmother and her father for their efforts to save her. I hope she stays in the program and turns her life around. Just heartbreaking how drugs can destroy a life and a family.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

Post above is the updated info.

Sent from my SM-G930V
    Last edited by LisaWL7TR; 10-23-2016 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Sorry Old info.

Some quotes from that link:

Bless her grandmother and her father for their efforts to save her. I hope she stays in the program and turns her life around. Just heartbreaking how drugs can destroy a life and a family.
    Thats got to be such a hard battle to fight. Hopefully she toughs it out. Thanks all for the updates.

makes such sad reading
    Justice for Jennifer

Rest in peace Danielle and Tammy