NC NC - Brandi Duvall, 44, Asheboro, 14 July 2016

Arrested for simple assault three days before going missing.

Thanks. From that link:
14344825_940811712711588_960590058272142913_n.jpg

I will apologize in advance- I joined so that I could pretty much ask for advise.
I grew up with Brandi and she has now been missing for over 3 months. How can we ( friends and family ) keep her story in the news.
We've called the detective and understandably they will not share any information with you but we all feel that Brandi was killed.
Yes, 3 days before she went missing she was charged with simple assault. The family had said the charge was against her ex-boyfriend, who now can not be located.
Since the detective can not talk to you other than hear what you have to say- we do not know what if anything is going on the investigate this being more than a missing person.
I am not attempting to be Nancy Drew- I just need to know what can we do to keep this in the news so that years do not go by and she become forgotten.

I will apologize in advance- I joined so that I could pretty much ask for advise.
I grew up with Brandi and she has now been missing for over 3 months. How can we ( friends and family ) keep her story in the news.
We've called the detective and understandably they will not share any information with you but we all feel that Brandi was killed.
Yes, 3 days before she went missing she was charged with simple assault. The family had said the charge was against her ex-boyfriend, who now can not be located.
Since the detective can not talk to you other than hear what you have to say- we do not know what if anything is going on the investigate this being more than a missing person.
I am not attempting to be Nancy Drew- I just need to know what can we do to keep this in the news so that years do not go by and she become forgotten.

I'm certainly no expert, but I can tell you need help. Welcome to Websleuths. It's a great site. The Terms of Service (which you should read) make it a victim-friendly site. Creating a Facebook "missing" page will bring lots of attention. Something like "Help Find Brandi Duvall." You (friends and family) may not like all the public comments, but if your goal is to keep the story going, give some details to get the gossip going. The only thing I've seen is, "no other details were released." People want to hear the details such as, is her car missing? When was she last seen? Who was she with? Leave something strange behind? Wearing what? Tattoos? Put it all out there. There will likely be rude and ugly comments no matter who the missing person is because people can be just plain mean, but you'll also get a lot of shares and kind people willing to help. If you have anywhere at all that should be searched, organize a search party. I don't know how to do that, but it sure gets people's attention. Again, I'm not any kind of expert whatsoever, but the FB page with details will get it rolling. Just be prepared for it mentally. Good luck! Also, you should consider becoming a Verified Insider here. Look it up. You can give details here that aren't allowed to be discussed on Websleuths otherwise.

Welcome. I'm so sorry your friend is missing. BlkMtnGirl gave a lot of good advice. I second that you need to get a fb page and get the story trending on social media. Make a missing poster for her and send it/post it on all the local news channels and any missing persons groups you can find on fb, also post a link to your find Brandi fb on media and missing persons groups. Be ready for some criticism because there will be some. Appoint a family spokes-person that can answer questions about Brandi without falling to pieces or getting angry at the questions and try to get them an interview with media. The questions may be hard to hear because of her past arrest. People will be saying she could be running from her crimes. Be honest that she was not perfect and yes has an arrest record but don't dwell on that--try to get out that she is someone's daughter/sister/mother/aunt/friend and you just want her found. She is someone's loved one no matter what she has done in the past and she needs to be found. Try to get across that this is not usual behavior for her to be gone this long without contacting anyone--little things like did she have kids, did she leave pets behind she would miss, has she used her bank accounts, has there been any activity on her phone and social media accounts--all these are important things to bring up. Bring up that family has been unable to contact her boyfriend. Stress that you are concerned for Brandi's safety. Even if LE is not giving you much info, do not say anything negative about them to the press. People will lash out at negative comments against LE. That's all I can think of for now but I'm sure some others will have good advice for you.

She has a different FB page she used- Brandi Kay Congo and she was very active until she starting dating HIM

I will certainly look into that- I was thinking of the FB page but want to get the sons permission before I do.
I also thought of contacting the news in Asheboro asking could they run her story again- it has been 3 months

Welcome to WS canixon. I have already began sharing her info on FB. Good Luck! :)

Hi canixon.....so glad you joined us here but sorry it's under such a sad circumstance. In addition to the above terrific advice from fellow Websleuthers, here is a link to the Missing Persons Information and Support which I think may be of some use to you. There are a lot of resources you can use.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?21-Missing-Persons-Information-and-Support

Also, would you mind giving us a little bit of background info about Brandi? How you met her, her family life, what was happening in her life at the time of her disappearance, etc. - just what you are comfortable with. That would give us some info to work on.

I hope we can help you find Brandi.....you came to the right place because there are so many great minds at work here. Good luck!

Now THAT's what I'm talking about! Pics of tattoos, etc.

Brandi's other FB page. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010774779089&ref=ts&fref=ts
There are recent (April) pix of Brandi with a man, presumedly the boyfriend. Brandi Congo's brother posts a lot on his personal page about trying to find her. Do we know who started the "missing" page? If not him, I'd bet he would be willing to help with it or share details. He has a missing poster on his personal page, but I don't think I can share it here because it's on his page. [ETA, not a true missing poster, just some pix posted on the news.]

Brandi's other FB page. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010774779089&ref=ts&fref=ts
There are recent (April) pix of Brandi with a man, presumedly the boyfriend. Brandi Congo's brother posts a lot on his personal page about trying to find her. Do we know who started the "missing" page? If not him, I'd bet he would be willing to help with it or share details. He has a missing poster on his personal page, but I don't think I can share it here because it's on his page. [ETA, not a true missing poster, just some pix posted on the news.]

I agree, having pictures of her tattoos is very helpful to find out if anyone has seen her recently or remembers seeing her around the time she went missing. Good start to a missing page. It needs more shares and likes.

Also, thanks for the link to her fb.Whoever is friends with her should post the group page and a missing poster to her profile picture so all her friends know she is missing. Then one of her fb friends or family needs to message every one of her friends to let them know and ask if they know anything/ask them to join the missing page. Be polite in messages, don't make any accusations. Make a note of who her friends are and see if anyone unfriends her after being messaged as well.

Another new FB group page. Good start! Now, hopefully family and friends will fill in the blanks with what they know about the last days they saw Brandi. Where was she? Who did she last speak to? Car? Phone? Handbag found? Anything will help get the interest going! Now is not the time to hold back, even if it might not be the most flattering info (not sure that's what going on, but the family and friends are unusually quiet.) Hope they give a direction in which to look soon. Everyone deserves to be found!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/891560934313719/?ref=ts&fref=ts

Welcome to Websleuths, I'm so sorry about your friend. But we have some amazing people on here! I've joined her missing page and I've started sharing it. I'm in NC also. Other than Asheboro, are there other cities she frequented?
I hope she comes home safe and soon!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back