Ramsey Home Walkthrough by Paula Woodward 1

No it's not

that simple
Reaction score
[video=youtube;oNVnldurADc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNVnldurADc[/video]

Nin

Hey Everyone,

Thanks to No It's Not for posting all of these videos for us.

I think it's a great idea for everyone to watch the videos and comment on what you think.

Don't know about you but I couldn't stand to watch the Woodward special. She is not a journalist. She is going where she can make the money on her book in my opinion.

Until John Ramsey or Burke have the courage to sit down and answer the tough questions then to me, their voices are like the parent's voices in a[video=youtube;k6p1Ck0ab80]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6p1Ck0ab80[/video]

Thanks again No It's Not and thanks to everyone for remaining so dedicated to JonBenet's case.

Tricia

cant believe what hideous taste miss west virginia had..... for mid 90'S just YUK!!
all that revolting hectic wall paper :facepalm:

The house is a rabbit warren of weirdness.

Thank you,Tricia!

A brief summary/index of this video:

• · Gameroom 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] floor
  • · Hallway
  • · Bedroom1 (built in cabinetry system, lanai)
  • · Lanai
  • · Bathroom
  • · Bedroom2
  • · Steps (regular) leading to 1[SUP]st[/SUP] floor
  • · Bedroom3
  • · Spiral staircase (top, middle bottom section)
  • · Laundry room
  • · Stairs to Butler’s kitchen
  • · Garage door (inside)
  • · Sink near “mud room” area
  • · Outside door
  • · Room
  • · Garage door hallway
  • · Downstairs den
  • · Bathroom
  • · Exit door
  • · Kitchen desk with wall phone (911 call phone)
  • · Kitchen

all the glass, doors etc.................many ways to get into house but their story of intruder .....would go through all the trouble to look for a broken, cobweb dirty window in a wine celler to work a maze to find a tiny girl...................NO WAY!
With all that money and I'm sure interior designers................but disappointed in the look

With all that money and I'm sure interior designers................but disappointed in the look

I tried to look at it with mid 1990's eyes, but the decor is still as choppy and confusing as the house. Nothing works together. I saw photos from when it last sold and it's quite gorgeous now.

google 749 15th street, Boulder, CO and you will find the updated house's photos. the address was changed some time ago.

thought this thread might be good place to reference the floor plan against the videos nin kindly uploaded
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

sorry if posted elsewhere. i just havent come across them.

Attachments

• 1stfloor.gif
    1stfloor.gif
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,074
  • 2ndfloor.gif
    2ndfloor.gif
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,048
  • 3rdfloor.gif
    3rdfloor.gif
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,037
  • ramsey basement.jpg
    ramsey basement.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,042
These are on the internet. Not entirely accurate floor plans. The most glaring mistake is mixing-up Malinda's room and JAR's room. The dressing room on the top floor was also John's study (not to be confused with the study on the 1st floor). The 1st floor stairs aren't displayed correctly. I need to get a life.

yes boldbear sounds like you do! lol :laughing:
but yes your right i havent sourced them further than mr google but after watching the vids thought it not a bad reference to compare.
appreciate the corrections!!

These are on the internet. Not entirely accurate floor plans. The most glaring mistake is mixing-up Malinda's room and JAR's room. The dressing room on the top floor was also John's study (not to be confused with the study on the 1st floor). The 1st floor stairs aren't displayed correctly. I need to get a life.

You made me laugh, BB! How often I have thought the same! - about myself, I mean, not you! The other glaring errors are the missing hallway just before the kitchen that leads to the basement door, the bathroom beyond it, and stairs leading down to the butler's pantry, and the stairway connecting the other end of the butler's pantry to the back hall (where the spiral staircase is). And actually, the back stairs leading from the 2nd floor up to the area outside Patsy's bath aren't displayed correctly, either.

Since you know the house well, may I ask you a question? On the stairs from the spiral staircase area down to the butler's pantry there's an out of place door in the wall on the right. Do you know why it's there or where it leads? TIA

If this is the door on the butler's kitchen stairs, I believe this is a storage. Odd place for a closet though. You're guess is as good as mine.

If this is the door on the butler's kitchen stairs, I believe this is a storage. Odd place for a closet though. You're guess is as good as mine.

Yes, that door, and odd indeed (found it - 19:18 in the video). The butler's pantry was a Ramsey addition, so the wall with the door would have sat out a little from the old rear (north) wall of the house. I have wondered whether the door used to be a back entry, perhaps leading to a small hall or landing that led to the kitchen and a now disused stairway to the basement. I've read that that side of the yard had a much higher elevation before it was leveled to make way for the butler's pantry. Or maybe it's just a door they put in for a closet no longer accessible from the redesigned kitchen. I'm such a little terrier about these things. In any case, thanks for posting the videos and floor plans - nice. I appreciate this one especially because it shows exactly how the hallway by the basement stairs connects to the BP.

Is that the door Fernie said he read the note through the glass from outside?

Yes, that door, and odd indeed (found it - 19:18 in the video). The butler's pantry was a Ramsey addition, so the wall with the door would have sat out a little from the old rear (north) wall of the house. I have wondered whether the door used to be a back entry, perhaps leading to a small hall or landing that led to the kitchen and a now disused stairway to the basement. I've read that that side of the yard had a much higher elevation before it was leveled to make way for the butler's pantry. Or maybe it's just a door they put in for a closet no longer accessible from the redesigned kitchen. I'm such a little terrier about these things. In any case, thanks for posting the videos and floor plans - nice. I appreciate this one especially because it shows exactly how the hallway by the basement stairs connects to the BP.
It is hard for me to understand how some believe IDI, the house was a confusing, complicated mess.

Also, I thought I read here the house once had an elevator that was bricked shut.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back