GUILTY TX - Harold Harris, 22 mos, Nacogdoches, 20 Oct 2005

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
Body found less than 100 yards from home

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

It took trained dogs about 15 minutes Saturday to locate the remains of a missing toddler who may have died at the hands of his mother and her boyfriend.

Harold Cheyenne Harris, 22 months, was found less than 100 yards from his home in a wooded area on Press Road, according to Sheriff Thomas Kerss.

Warrants have been issued for the child's mother, Amber McEntire, 22, and her boyfriend, Darrell Yates III, 26. The two have fled the area and are believed to be in Mexico.

Although Kerss has not released all the details of the case, he has said the mother withdrew the boy from day care in late October — telling workers that Harold was going to stay with his biological father in Shelby County.

That story proved to be false.

On Friday, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children sent a representative from "Team Adam" to Nacogdoches to offer assistance in the case. Team Adam is a program named after the abducted and murdered son of John and Reve Walsh. Walsh is the host of "America's Most Wanted," and he and his wife are co-founders of the NCMEC.

Paul Burke, the Team Adam consultant assigned to Harold's case, said a team of certified search and rescue dogs and their handlers came to Nacogdoches Saturday from The Woodlands.

The team, "Special K-9's Search and Recovery," has a proven track record, Burke said.

"The dogs roamed and played around the site until they were used to the area and the terrain," he said. "Then, we broke the dogs into three teams and worked three areas around the residence."

Each team consisted of one dog, one handler and one support person, Burke said.

Within 15 minutes, Harold was found by a yellow Lab named "Kyla." Now, Harold's family can begin planning a proper burial for the baby.

Jana Bickel of "Special K-9's" said the team was thankful that the search ended successfully.

"This really provides some closure for the family," she said.

Burke said that finding Harold will help investigators in a couple of different ways. Through an autopsy, they will be able to determine how he died. They will also be able to focus their investigation on finding those responsible for his death.

Burke said the discovery of Harold's remains less than 100 yards from his house was consistent with other cases in which children have been victims of foul play. Most often, he said children are found with a half-mile of their homes.
Kerss said the autopsy should give investigators more clues about what happened to Harold.

The results of the autopsy will not be immediately released, Kerss said. Investigators hope to apprehend McEntire and Yates, because "they hold the clues to this mystery."

As of Monday, Kerss said it had been four or five days since anyone in Nacogdoches had heard from McEntire or Yates.

More: http://www.dailysentinel.com/news/content/news/stories/2005/11/08/20051108NDSbody.html

I really didn't want to look at this thread, but I just had to. How sad. What is up with these women and their boyfriends? :doh:

Poor little boy,I wonder if they had been abusing him for a while or snapped, :banghead:
I hope they get them soon.

you must have heard about the one here in Australia that took a chainsaw to her 18month old baby and chopped his leg off!,they took 9hrs yesterday to re-connect it! Then another one in Logan City (QLD) that was done for attempted murder she tried to strangle her toddler to death over the weekend! What the blazes is going on ???????????????

Breehannah6-

No, I hadn't heard about those cases, though they are certainly horrific. :eek: Those poor sweet babies......

-Amandab

It sounds to me like they planned to kill the poor little angel. You wouldn't make up a story as to why the child was not coming back to daycare otherwise. Everytime I look at my wonderful daughter I am so thankful for her. I will never understand how a parent can do this!

Amber McEntire telephoned and talked to her mother Tuesday. Nacogdoches County Sheriff Thomas Kerss has put a trace on the call, but suspects McEntire and her boyfriend Darrel Yates III are along the Mexican border. The couple has been missing since October 1st. On November 5th the decomposed body of Harold Harris was found behind the couple's house.

Sheriff Kerss says McEntire indicated to her mother that they had sold their car for cash. Friends had loaned them money prior to their disappearance.

A Nacogdoches County Grand Jury subpoena was needed to convince a reluctant friend of Yates from Houston to testify. District Attorney Stephanie Stephens explained, "On the rare occasion law enforcement runs into a witness that's not very cooperative sometimes the answer is to issue a grand jury subpoena and have that person come and appear before the grand jury and give both the grand jury as well as the attorney representing the state an opportunity to question them and try to find out what information it is they might have about a crime."

http://www.ktre.com/Global/story.asp?S=4160300&nav=2FH5

There is some kind of bigger issue we are missing with these abused/murdered children. Is it a feeling of owning them and therefore feeling the right? Is it just sickness of the mind? More greater minds than I need to look at these issues and come up with at least stop gaps.

Poor little Harold, I wonder if he knew any joy in his short life?

Casshew said:
Poor little Harold, I wonder if he knew any joy in his short life?

No, he was an abused child wondering in his little knowledge why he wasn't hugged with care and why he wasn't feeling nutured. Wondering why his little existence could cause dissension.Why wasn't there someone to protect him?

concernedperson said:
There is some kind of bigger issue we are missing with these abused/murdered children. Is it a feeling of owning them and therefore feeling the right? Is it just sickness of the mind? More greater minds than I need to look at these issues and come up with at least stop gaps.

I think it has something to do with the mothers. The child doesn't matter; it's only the boyfriend. They have no self worth. Honestly (and I can't believe that this is going to come out of my mouth - or finger tips), I think it has to do with the message they get from the current day songs on the radio.

Pook said:
I think it has something to do with the mothers. The child doesn't matter; it's only the boyfriend. They have no self worth. Honestly (and I can't believe that this is going to come out of my mouth - or finger tips), I think it has to do with the message they get from the current day songs on the radio.

Or something they heard from their own mothers. You are only valued if a man loves you...my mom actually wanted me to pursue a gay man because he was wealthy.

It seems to be a bigger issue than even the parents. The friends loaned them money prior to their taking off?
A friend had to be suponea'd to the grand jury to get info from him?
If I suspected even a family member of killing their kid, I would be telling everything I knew! Why wouldn't this friend tell LE what he knew?

The case involving the death of 22-month-old Harold Harris will be presented to a grand jury some time this month, according to District Attorney Stephanie Stephens.

Amber McEntire and Darrell Yates, the baby's mother and her boyfriend, are being held in the Nacogdoches County jail without bond in connection with the case, pending a hearing in district court.

The two are charged with injury to a child and are believed to have been responsible for Harold's death.

They fled Nacogdoches in mid-October, after withdrawing Harold from day-care. The child's badly decomposed body was found in the woods near their rented house on Nov. 5.

The couple was arrested in Mexico, turned over to custom's officials and transported back to Nacogdoches on a Department of Public Safety plane in December.

In an interview earlier this month, Sheriff Thomas Kerss said investigators received the final autopsy results.

"The cause of death was described as some type of hematoma to the brain," he said, adding that the case had been referred to the district attorney's office.

Stephens said McEntire and Yates can be held for 90 days, without an indictment. After that, they are entitled to release, she said.
http://www.dailysentinel.com/news/content/news/stories/2006/02/02/20060202NDSharold.html
:mad: I hope they get what they deserve.

The link does not work anymore, but this is an article I posted on another forum from the Daily Sentinel back in December:

Friday, December 16, 2005

Amber McEntire is pregnant.

Authorities have said she and her boyfriend, Darrell Yates, are believed to be responsible for the death of her 22-month-old son, Harold Harris, who would have turned 2 Sunday.

The two are charged with injury to a child and are being held in the Nacogdoches County jail without bond, pending a hearing in district court.
----------------------------
"They said she seemed excited," he said. "I hope she's getting some psychiatric help, because that just doesn't seem normal ... not that there's anything normal about this situation." (this was her father talking)

Amber told her mother and sister that she "had seen the baby's hands and stuff, on an ultrasound," McEntire said. "She also refuses to accept that she and Darrell aren't married. She denies that he is still married to someone else."
-------------------------------------
"At birth, the child is turned over to Child Protective Services or the courts, to determine whether a relative or someone else will take responsibility. We don't nurture the child in jail," he said. "We routinely transport inmates to the doctor, and pregnancy is treated like any other illness. Pregnancy, itself, doesn't allow someone to circumvent the law and receive early discharge."

mysteriew said:
It seems to be a bigger issue than even the parents. The friends loaned them money prior to their taking off?
A friend had to be suponea'd to the grand jury to get info from him?
If I suspected even a family member of killing their kid, I would be telling everything I knew! Why wouldn't this friend tell LE what he knew?

Mysteriew: Amber and Darrell were involved with drugs, according to this friend who posted comments on an NVFC blog about Harold's death. You can see how he defends them and still considers her a friend, even knowing what she has done. In another message he states he considers her a victim also.

I will add to this page. I know Amber. She would not have willingly hurt her son Harold. I belive the story that is out there that it was an accident. True, the loss of the child is another example of things going bad somewhere. Maybe, just maybe, it was the drugs that have made her and Darrell take off on the run. But, we MUST abide by the fact that she is innocent UNTIL proven guilty, or at least she is supposed to be anyway. The sad fact is that we have to lay to rest a child, Harold, and such a wonderful child at that. A father has lost his son, a mother has lost her son, the grandparents have lost, society has lost a future in one of it’s own. What would Harold have become? For those of you that feel that you should and can convict all of the people that make the news courtesy of what the press reports? You need not worry, you are not worthy of being on a jury in the first place. And get this, they (the police) CLAIM that they are armed and dangerous……what a crock! Another of the propagandist statements to make them look worse than they are. What are they? They are two people that have gotten themselves into a position that makes defense difficult. For those of you in the "perfect world"…..well, it just doesn’t quite work that way. People make mistakes, drugs can make you do stupid things.
Amber? If by some happenstance you find yourself on here reading this….come on home. You will have to answer for the damage that has been done, that much is INEVITABLE. Take note that you are not alone, your friends still care for you.

I close with prayers for Harold and ALL OF HIS FAMILY……….including Amber

Comment by David — November 26, 2005 @ 8:52 pm

To read the blog and the rest of the comments, here is the link:
http://nvfc.us/blog/?p=60

From October 2006:

http://lufkindailynews.com/news/article_3ce83c2b-5a49-5c24-b62d-41a683885828.html

Late last month, Darrell Yates III, who was just days away from a capital murder trial for the murder of "baby Harold" was offered a 15-year-plea on a lesser charge of injury to a child. It was a sentence that angered family members, who said they were "still waiting" for justice.

Thursday, McEntire accepted a plea bargain for 15 years in prison for possession of a controlled substance, injury to a child and tampering with evidence. The second plea seemed to strengthen the family's resentment...

More than three months ago, McEntire gave birth to a baby girl while awaiting trial in the Nacogdoches County jail. Texas Child Protective Services took custody of the child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back