NY - Staten Island ferry sunk by giant octopus

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Well, not. Sunday Mail:

Something fishy! Artist creates monument paying homage to 'tragedy' in which Staten Island ferry sunk by a GIANT OCTOPUS

• Joseph Reginella conjured story of octopus that dragged down a ferry over 50 years ago claiming the lives of 400 people
• The hoax was given life by a cast bronze monument which appeared in Lower Manhattan's Battery Park
• The Staten Island artist also created a website, fake newspaper articles, T-shirts and a phantom 'museum'

The website: Staten Island Ferry Disaster Memorial Museum

Some of us will believe anything... (octopus ink) blot on society.

yeah, yeah... my humor is sooo bad

The only element I found iffy was their date of disaster: yes, 11.22.63 was a day with much on its mind, albeit not quite enough to lose track of an NYC disaster. Set in the '20s, let's say? Yes! Even I wasn't born then! Definitely there be monsters in those old days. Perfect.

The only element I found iffy was their date of disaster: yes, 11.22.63 was a day with much on its mind, albeit not quite enough to lose track of an NYC disaster. Set in the '20s, let's say? Yes! Even I wasn't born then! Definitely there be monsters in those old days. Perfect.

I agree. Or, go even further back to it happening during the War of 1812. Nobody knows anything about that war, so anything would be believable.

Sound like something P.T. Barnum would pull. :)

Wonder if they'd really send you a tee-shirt....

:seeya:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back