Found Deceased AL - Duston Turner, 39, & Jennifer Phillips, 30, Quinton, 14 Sept 2016

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Duston “Dusty” Turner, 39, and Jennifer Leigh Phillips, 30, were last seen Sept. 14 near their home at 7190 Sharon Boulevard in Quinton.

http://mountaineagle.com/stories/quinton-man-his-girlfriend-still-missing,8663

Their remains MAY have been found:
The volunteers told deputies they were somewhat familiar with the area and had been provided a map by Walker County Sheriff's investigators that indicated the areas where the missing couple's cell phones were last used. They were walking the area and discovered the remains in the woods, Christian said.

Once on scene, deputies found one set of partially buried human remains in a shallow grave. Deputies also found an area of disturbed earth adjacent to it that is believed to be a second shallow grave.

The scene has been secured to await the arrival of a Forensic Recovery Team from the Jefferson County Coroner's Office, which will take place Monday morning.

Christian said the remains have not been identified and he did not identify the missing couple. However, volunteers have been searching this weekend for a couple missing since Sept. 14. Duston "Dusty" Turner, 39, and Jennifer Phillips, 30, were last seen at their home in Quinton, according to family members.

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2016/10/human_remains_found_in_shallow.html

There's such little info - I wonder what happened to them and what was going in their lives. How did they end up dead & buried? (If that is actually them.)

There's such little info - I wonder what happened to them and what was going in their lives. How did they end up dead & buried?

My first thought was murder-suicide but if both bodies were buried that's impossible, right?

Unfortunately, I didn't read about their missing case until reading about the bodies being found. Seems there was very little press about them being missing since Sept 14.

missing-couplejpg-b739c2632b754b80.jpg

This story has their picture: http://whnt.com/2016/10/02/remains-found-in-shallow-grave-in-jefferson-county-believed-to-be-human/

From that article:
Authorities do not yet have a cause of death, but said foul play is suspected. Medical examinations are ongoing.

"We were 99% sure but wanted to be 100% sure for the families of these two victims. We are still waiting on a cause of death but without question we are working this as a double homicide," Jefferson County sheriff's Chief Deputy Randy Christian said this morning. "We're asking anyone with information to please come forward and share it with us. These victims deserve justice, their families deserve justice, and that's what we are going to give them."

BBM.

I hope there is Justice for Dusty and Jennifer. Prayers to their family members who loved them.

"I'm sure that whoever murdered these two probably thinks they got away with it and we hope this sends a message today that 'you have not,''' said Jefferson County sheriff's Chief Deputy Randy Christian. "Our guys are pretty darn good at what they do, and they will not give up on this until they bring somebody to justice."

Christian acknowledged widespread speculation that the deaths of Duston "Dusty" Turner, 39, and Jennifer Phillips, 30, could be drug-related. "That's not going to surprise us, and I don't think it will surprise anyone and I believe at the end of the day, that's what we'll find,'' he said. "But, regardless of the motive, there's never a good reason for this kind of violence. These two didn't deserve that kind of fate. They deserve justice, their families deserve justice and we're going to get it for them."

Much more at link: http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2016/10/killer_of_couple_found_in_grav.html

Reward offered in killings of missing couple found in shallow graves

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2017/02/reward_offered_in_killings_of.html

From your link:

"The main suspect in this case was murdered in an unrelated case,'' said Chief Deputy Randy Christian. "There are other suspects involved in our case and we are going to bring them to justice. Hopefully this reward will prompt someone with information to expedite those arrest for us."

I know this is an older case, but I decided to give an update. I am a cousin of one of the decedents and because of my job and my nosey nature, I know way more about this case than a family member should know.​
ONE of the key players in this double homicide was shot and killed in an unrelated instance about a month after the bodies were found. I don't know if the police have officially closed the case. It appears they have allowed all the blame to be placed on the one individual who was shot, but there were more involved.

I am only speaking for myself. I know many of my family members just want it to go away. I personally do not want to see this swept under a rug. I want to see each and every person involved locked up no matter how small their the part was. The individual who was the "Mastermind" (yes, he is still alive and walking our streets) the death penalty.

If the case is still open, the chances of them getting a conviction out of it is very low. From what I understand, the evidence needed for that conviction was destroyed in a fire by those involved.

It's been 3 years and except for the one who was shot and killed, there has been no justice for these two. Still praying new evidence will turn up or one of the individuals involved will come forward with a heavy heart.

Thank you for posting about Jen

It's a shame that anyone with any shred of responsibility is not being held accountable. Thank you for the update!

You're welcome! Yes, it really is sad. I guess this one will be continued at a later date. When new evidence turns up or someone decides they can't live with the guilt any longer. Not all of the people involved were evil. A couple of them were forced into doing their part. Those are the people I hope will eventually come forward.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back