1594 users online (337 members and 1257 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 106
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,978

    MO - female, 25-35, dark blue hair, I-44, Phelps County, 1 Oct 2016 - Brandy Steinke

    "Investigators were called about 1:25 a.m. Saturday to the highway after the body of woman between 18 and 20 years old was found on the shoulder of the westbound lanes between Rolla, Mo., and St. Robert, Mo.

    The woman was described as white, wearing a blue and red sun dress and flip flops, according to the Phelps County Sheriff's Department. She had dark hair that had been dyed dark blue, several tattoos on her shoulder blades and one on her right foot and ankle. Authorities also said she had a large scar on her left inner thigh."


    http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...5b5f0ef39.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,978
    Another news source with the same info: http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2016/10/...phelps-county/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,360
    I wonder why they aren't releasing a description of the tattoos if they are seeking the publics help in id'ing her. Makes no sense whatsoever.
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I wonder why they aren't releasing a description of the tattoos if they are seeking the publics help in id'ing her. Makes no sense whatsoever.
    Maybe they thought the blue hair and description of her dress and location of tats would be enough to get tips? I expect they will release more info on the tattoos eventually if no leads develop.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    16
    Since there isn't much info at this time, it could be anyone, but here's a girl missing since May with dyed blue/green hair. Pearl Pinson: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/34050/11/
    I know she's from CA, but since this UID was found beside the westbound lanes I started looking at MPs from Missouri westward. There is nothing of tattoos on her, but she does have her hair dyed blue/green in one of her photos and is described as having dyed her hair green.
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/thumb/63557

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Otterly View Post
    Since there isn't much info at this time, it could be anyone, but here's a girl missing since May with dyed blue/green hair. Pearl Pinson: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/34050/11/
    I know she's from CA, but since this UID was found beside the westbound lanes I started looking at MPs from Missouri westward. There is nothing of tattoos on her, but she does have her hair dyed blue/green in one of her photos and is described as having dyed her hair green.
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/thumb/63557
    Thanks Otterly! I followed Pearl's case and didn't even remember she had some blue in her hair.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    433
    Considering she was found on the westbound side, she would more likely have come from somewhere east rather than west. Illinois, Indiana, or Ohio, perhaps, or further.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    433
    Since we've seen how wrong the media can get descriptions (which leg has a scar or tattoo, etc), this description has plenty of similarities:

    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/32549/

    She occasionally dyes her hair, has a long scar on her right thigh (rather than left, as reported above), and multiple tattoos. Perhaps could have gotten more since she went missing.
    Last edited by creepedout; 10-02-2016 at 10:19 PM. Reason: typo

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,978
    Quote Originally Posted by creepedout View Post
    Since we've seen how wrong the media can get descriptions (which leg has a scar or tattoo, etc), this description has plenty of similarities:

    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/32549/

    She occasionally dyes her hair, has a long scar on her right thigh (rather than left, as reported above), and multiple tattoos. Perhaps could have gotten more since she went missing.
    Good find on the tattoos and leg scar, but I don't think she's a match because she has naturally blonde hair and the description of the UID is dark hair dyed dark blue.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,978
    Three more sources for the story:
    http://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/phel...-found-on-i-44
    http://fox2now.com/2016/10/02/body-f...phelps-county/
    http://www.abc17news.com/news/woman-...unty/102822516

    The only new piece of info I see is that it now says the body was found near mile marker 171.


  11. #11
    I don't see anywhere that says how long they think she was there before discovered. I can only guess not too long based on the statement of it looked like someone lying by the road, so not skeletal I suppose.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,978
    Quote Originally Posted by MissUnderstood View Post
    I don't see anywhere that says how long they think she was there before discovered. I can only guess not too long based on the statement of it looked like someone lying by the road, so not skeletal I suppose.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree, it couldn't be long as they could tell she had tattoos and a scar on her leg.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,978
    Here's a google street view of mile marker 171.6: https://www.google.com/maps/@37.9019...7i13312!8i6656

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    5
    Could it be Brooke?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    5
    Nevermind, I think Brooke has been found.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Girl with dark long hair and fur coat.
    By punklove in forum Alcala and the Unidentified
    Replies: 266
    Last Post: 12-05-2016, 07:34 PM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-29-2016, 10:30 AM
  3. Girl With Dark Curly Hair & Blue Shirt
    By jessunlil in forum Alcala and the Unidentified
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-29-2015, 01:45 AM
  4. Plaid hat girl with dark hair and wild eye makeup
    By Donjeta in forum Alcala and the Unidentified
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 09-28-2013, 01:15 AM
  5. Pastor changes hair to red, spiked and blue
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2004, 09:26 AM