694 users online (89 members and 605 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

The Euro model is really bad news from (fake clock!) from 12-3 is the really bad stuff - was not anxious before -- I really want my AC!!!

A look at model performance, when it comes to track, over the past several days. The Euro and UKMET are easily pounding the competition, doing a much better job at predicting the slow movement of Matthew. The Euro essentially nailed the exact position of Matthew Tuesday evening with its guidance 8 days ago. Very impressive. Other guidance has been much too fast in racing the storm up the East Coast and/or out to sea.

This is Tybee Island this afternoon.
    City Hall on the Island had all the windows boarded up. I heard that the police station also had windows boarded up.

FullSizeRender-6.jpg

I'm in Charleston about 3 miles from the coast. Scary looking storm. Thanks for all the updates. Everyone stay safe.
    Always do the right thing because you do enough things you think are right that end up being wrong-my dad-RIP 1/19/2013

Yuk go to 932 - it is the actual Euro model run

I guess we'll have a better idea about how fast the storm is moving and how close it will be in the morning.

Yes. I think I'll save my panic for tomorrow too, although I did fill the car, checked the gas bottles and bought water and batteries
    I am in Orlando and not too many of the predictions have Matthew spending much time inland but I think we'll get a much better idea tomorrow.
    Wishing all on the SE coast a safe week!
    (Psst Matthew, please go find an uninhabited part of the ocean to play in!)

Quote Originally Posted by eucalyptuz View Post
    Yes. I think I'll save my panic for tomorrow too, although I did fill the car, checked the gas bottles and bought water and batteries
    I am in Orlando and not too many of the predictions have Matthew spending much time inland but I think we'll get a much better idea tomorrow.

I did the car this AM - but I do think a visit to Lowes tomm is a def, !! Not looking good and it seems like they are late . If I was not interested in hurricanes, and just followed local braodcasts, I think they have done a horrile job if the Euro model pans out. moo

Nothing can really do now at this time , but when you wake up make sure you got some stuff - Mathew shall be visiting central FL!!

In fact, I think my shopping list may include a batt fan!! If I had money I would go buy a generator that can run AC HA!

Thats from playing around on line with a bunch of stuff -- opinion has drastically changed!
    Last edited by CARIIS; 10-05-2016 at 12:27 AM.

I am panicking now & I even have a getaway plan....it may not be "away" enough! Yikes!
    Cariis's post #20 is a real eye opener. It included a live feed regarding the predicted Euro models & it wasn't pretty at all!

Stay tuned....stay alert!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

Looks a bit ominous even though I'm way up here, two hours north of the water!

Last edited by Pamela_Brewer; 10-05-2016 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela_Brewer View Post
    Meet "Matthew"

Check out @Sweettearulz's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Sweettearulz/sta...074539008?s=09
    It's evil looking in that photo. Please keep safe all of you and follow the safety protocols of the authorities. Keep us posted how you are doing if at all possible.

Dangerous Hurricane Matthew barrels toward Bahamas as Florida prepares
    OCTOBER 5, 2016 6:16 AM

Hurricane Matthew, blamed for 11 deaths so far, weakened to a Category 3 after making landfall in Cuba, its maximum sustained winds dropping to 125 mph by dawn Wednesday. But forecasters expect it to regain strength as it churns toward the Bahamas, and then tracks perilously close to Florida.

The storm could potentially make landfall Thursday night somewhere along the coast of Florida, the first time the state will take a direct hit from a major storm in more than a decade.

Matthew’s outer bands were still hundreds of miles from Florida, but it caused long lines at gas stations and grocery stores. Along Florida’s beaches, residents were installing hurricane shutters and moving watercraft out of harm’s way, while tourists were packing up.

[...]

Emergencies have been declared in four states — all of Florida and South Carolina, eastern and central North Carolina and southeastern Georgia.

In Florida, Broward County schools will be open Wednesday, but closed Thursday and Friday. Shelter locations were announced in several Broward cities where flooding is normally a problem during storms. A decision about whether to close schools in Miami-Dade will be announced Thursday.

Most of the state’s coastal areas were under a hurricane watch and Gov. Rick Scott sounded a grim reminder Tuesday about the devastating cost of not being prepared.

Here's What We Know: Hurricane Matthew's Impact On The Coast

We’re all keeping a close watch on Hurricane Matthew as it could impact the North Carolina coast over the weekend.

NC Coastal Threat

The storm will make a track close to the coast, and even though the latest forecast track keeps the center of the storm off the coast we will still watch and wait.

Even without a direct hit, a track just offshore would still bring impacts of wind, rain, and storm surge to the beaches

State Of Emergency

Gov. Pat McCrory has declared a state of emergency for 66 counties in both the central and eastern parts of the state.

Alamance, Anson, Beaufort, Bertie, Bladen, Brunswick, Camden, Carteret, Columbus, Craven, Cumberland, Currituck, Dare, Davidson, Davie, Duplin, Durham, Edgecombe, Forsyth, Franklin, Gates, Granville, Greene, Guilford, Halifax, Harnett, Hertford, Hoke, Hyde, Johnston, Jones, Lee, Lenoir, Martin, Montgomery, Moore, Nash, New Hanover, Northampton, Onslow, Orange, Pamlico, Pasquotank, Pender, Perquimans, Person, Pitt, Randolph, Richmond, Robeson, Rockingham, Sampson, Scotland, Stokes, Surry, Tyrrell, Vance, Wake, Warren, Washington, Wayne, Wilson, and Yadkin counties.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast