House With Bride for Sale for $600,000

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
For $600,000, a 40- to 60-year-old man can buy a house in a trendy Denver neighborhood that comes complete with a bride.

Deborah Hale, 48, has placed an ad on eBay offering to sell her home in the Washington Park area to a compatible man who wants to spend his life with her. She also has her own Web site outlining the deal.

"I'm looking for my soul mate," Hale told the Rocky Mountain News Tuesday.

mn_deb1big_t.gif
mn_debhouse_t.gif

Story

I checked out her web site, attractive, at least talks the talk about values and relationships. successful professional. how sad that this woman hasn't hooked up with someone yet. Unrealistic expectations on her part or men just not comfortable with her success?? hmmmmmm Well, best of luck to her anyway!

I told my husband last night, I think she's looking for somebody to make her mortgage payment, while she plays maid.:rolleyes: Why else sell yourself with the house? Isn't that illegal? Sad, sad, sad...

How many rooms does the wife come with?

If this works for her, this may start a trend.

Think about it.

Almost every older single person has a home. It's tough when you meet, and if the relationship goes well, then the other house needs to be thought of. Rent it out, sell it, or ?????

Now, from a guy's point of view, I would enjoy dating a lady who had a very nice home, nicer than mine, in a great location. Then she would end up living in a home that she really wants to live in, but one that will also encourage me to sell my home, to buy 1/2 of her house. We each end up with the other half of the money; we both own the home, and we both have a lot of money available for whatever we want to do, when we want to do it, and with the very person we want to do it with.

Makes good sense to me.

I went to her website. She's an intelligent woman who knows a lot of ways to make money. On the email submittal of any messages, it says:

Please note that in providing this information, you agree that it can be used in any manner or media, as determined by me. The deadline for submission/bids is February 14, 2006.

A person has to wonder what's wrong with her that she has to resort to such tactics to find a husband. Any man with $600,000 could buy himself a better house (without a wife) and save himself the hassle.

bloo said:
A person has to wonder what's wrong with her that she has to resort to such tactics to find a husband. Any man with $600,000 could buy himself a better house (without a wife) and save himself the hassle.

I can tell you're going to be real popular around here. Don't you know there are about 200 wives on this forum?? LOL

Ahhhh Casshew! Finally the right woman, the right home. We should make the perfect couple. But alas I couldn't make the move to Denver. As a Floridian I would miss our hurricans:
You know You Live In Florida When:

You have FEMA's number on your speed dialer.

You have more than 300 C and D batteries in your kitchen
drawer.

Your pantry contains more than 20 cans of Spaghetti-Os.

You are thinking of repainting your house to match the
plywood covering your windows.

When describing your house to a prospective buyer, you say
it has three bedrooms, two baths and one safe hallway.

Your SSN is no secret, it's written in Sharpie on your arms.

You are on a first-name basis with the cashier at Home Depot.

The road leading to your house has been declared a No-Wake
Zone.

You decide that your patio furniture looks better on the
bottom of the pool.

You own more than three large coolers.

You can wish that other people get hit by a hurricane and
not feel the least bit guilty about it.

You rationalize helping a friend board up by thinking "It'll
take only a gallon of gas to get there and back."

You have 2-liter coke bottles and milk jugs filled with water
in your freezer.

Three months ago you couldn't hang a shower curtain; today
you can assemble a portable generator by candlelight.

You catch a 13-pound redfish... in your driveway.

You can recite from memory whole portions of your homeowner's
insurance policy.

You consider a "vacation" to stunning Tupelo, Mississippi.

At cocktail parties, women are attracted to the guy with the
biggest chainsaw.

You have had tuna fish more than 5 days in a row.

There is a roll of tar paper in your garage.

You can rattle off the names of three or more meteorologists
who work at the Weather Channel.

Someone comes to your door to tell you they found your roof.

Ice is a valid topic of conversation.

Your "drive-thru" meal consists of MREs and bottled water.

Relocating to South Dakota does not seem like such a crazy
idea.

You spend more time on your roof than in your living room.

You've been laughed at over the phone by a roofer, fence
builder or a tree worker.

A battery-powered TV is considered a home entertainment center.

You don't worry about relatives wanting to visit during the
summer.

Having a tree in your living room does not necessarily mean
it's Christmas.

You know the difference between the "good side" of a storm
and the "bad side."

I personally think that she is doing it for publicity. She has a section on her website for bookings. I think that she is playing a dangerous game. I wonder how she will weed out the nuts/rapists, etc.?

She's beautiful, the house is beautiful....however....the way I understand it, she is "selling" her "house". But she's still gonna live in her house. If you ask me she is selling herself for the 600 grand. In most states you get arrested for that.

She is a very enterprising woman. If the pictures don't lie, she should attract a lot of attention, and earn money in the process. If she is successful in entering into a mutually beneficial arrangement with the man of her dreams, then, more power to her. Any man willing to purchase her home, in order to marry her, is begging for a lot of problems; he is a fool asking to be walked on. Don't ever try to buy a woman's love.

http://housewithbride.com/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher