1082 users online (261 members and 821 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 70
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,190

    AL - Brian Ogle, 17, Brutally Beaten For Pro-Police Views, 30 Sep 2016



    Alabama teen is in critical condition with fractured skull after posting comments in support of police on Facebook. Mother calls it a hate crime.

    http://abc3340.com/news/local/mother...lt-a-hate-crim

    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2815749

    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Under a bridge
    Posts
    9,129
    How do she know that's why he was attacked?

    For whatever reason - a fractured skull! Scary!

    I hope he'll be okay soon.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Under a bridge
    Posts
    9,129
    Oh yeah, we've seen how these things go. There's going to be quite a backlash.

    No other students were believed to be involved in the attack, Chief of Police Kelley B. Johnson said, calling on community members to avoid posting “negative things” on social media as the investigation continues.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Under a bridge
    Posts
    9,129

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Under a bridge
    Posts
    9,129
    Okay, so the only other thing I've been able to find with new information so far is this:

    I know that many of you are aware of the horrible incident that occurred last night in our city. I want the people of Sylacauga to know that the Sylacauga Police Department is going to do everything in its power to bring the people responsible for the assault on the SHS student to justice. SPD investigators have been working since the initial call to gather statements and evidence to try and get the evidence needed to make a case against the perpetrators involved in such a senseless act of violence.

    I have been in contact with SHS/BOE officials and I want all of the parents and students to know that full time SPD presence in our High School and Middle School will be strengthened starting Monday, October 3, 2016 and per Dr. Todd Freeman, will continue until all of the tensions are calmed.

    SPD has been able to identify persons of interest and have interviewed some. At this time there is no evidence from witnesses or any others involved that SHS students, with the exception of the victim, were involved in the assault. I do ask for all of your help in trying to relieve tensions in our city by not posting negative things on social media. I understand that some of you are concerned that SPD or BOE will "sweep this under the rug," but any intelligent person should see that that is not possible. I am not one to "sweep" any crime under anything much less a crime as violent as this.

    I now ask everyone to pray for the 17 year old victim of this assault, his family, the officers and investigators working the case and while your at it say a little prayer for our community as a whole so that maybe we can get past this and be a stronger community because of it. I call on our Pastors and community leaders to step up and help us bridge this divide between the black and white races. It will take us all make a difference.
    Kelley B. Johnson
    Chief of Police
    In my high school there were fights nearly every week. One kid had his head smashed into a car repeatedly until he died (he was a friend of mine - a super sweet guy) and anyway, I've always been freaked out and scared and sad about fights in school.

    https://www.facebook.com/Sylacauga-P...3356012016877/
    Last edited by bluesneakers; 10-03-2016 at 06:24 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Under a bridge
    Posts
    9,129
    Update.

    Authorities and Sylacauga school district administrators said Ogle, who is white, was beaten Friday night after a high school homecoming game.
    ...

    Sylacauga Police Chief Kelley Johnson called the assault a “senseless act of violence.”

    He said in a statement that he knows some citizens are concerned that the police department or the state’s department of education will “sweep this under the rug.”

    “But any intelligent person should see that that is not possible,” Johnson said. “I am not one to ‘sweep’ any crime under anything much less a crime as violent as this.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.2496ea47af71

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Under a bridge
    Posts
    9,129

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Under a bridge
    Posts
    9,129
    Didn't mean to take over your thread Indy Anna.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    178
    I've seen some of the things he posted and while his views politically had some racist undertones and gave a very condescending attitude towards the related issues.

    I hope he wasn't one to provoke anyone. I wish a speedy recovery, violence is never the answer

  10. #10
    Kimberlyd125's Avatar
    Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    16,175
    http://abc3340.com/news/local/sylaca...-teens-beating

    Sylacauga police chief: "As few as five or as many as 60 responsible for teen's beating"
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

    Softball Mom


  11. #11
    Kimberlyd125's Avatar
    Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    16,175
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/04...olice-say.html

    An Alabama high school student was attacked after a homecoming football game allegedly over the teen’s social media post about the Black Lives Matter protests.

    Sylacauga Police Chief Kelley Johnson said that witnesses told police the incident was sparked over the post. Johnson said one or more black teens are believed to be behind the assault of 17-year-old Brian Ogle, according to WBRC-TV.


    Police haven’t released a motive, but said the attack appeared to be racially motivated and the social media post could have been a factor.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

    Softball Mom

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Under a bridge
    Posts
    9,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/04...olice-say.html

    An Alabama high school student was attacked after a homecoming football game allegedly over the teen’s social media post about the Black Lives Matter protests.

    Sylacauga Police Chief Kelley Johnson said that witnesses told police the incident was sparked over the post. Johnson said one or more black teens are believed to be behind the assault of 17-year-old Brian Ogle, according to WBRC-TV.

    Police haven’t released a motive, but said the attack appeared to be racially motivated and the social media post could have been a factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
    Sylacauga police chief: As few as five or as many as 60 responsible for teen's beating"

    This is exactly what Kelley Johnson was talking about when he said:

    I do ask for all of your help in trying to relieve tensions in our city by not posting negative things on social media.
    Police haven’t determined a clear motive, but Johnson said it appeared to be racially motivated and social media could be a factor.
    He said Brian was singled out and it was obviously a targeted attack and they are speaking to suspects. The race of the suspects hasn't been released yet because I'm sure once it has - if they are black - the town is going to erupt.

    One rumour gets started (twitter? other students?), one untraceable quote and people lose their minds, post crap all over SM and next thing you know there are fights at the high school. It's irresponsible for all these media outlets to pick it up from one (where I was unable to find anything resembling a direct quote) and spread it around as if it's something he actually said.

    You can check here for updates directly from the Sylacauga Police Department:
    https://www.facebook.com/Sylacauga-P...3356012016877/
    Last edited by bluesneakers; 10-04-2016 at 04:35 PM. Reason: broken quote issues

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Under a bridge
    Posts
    9,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroon10 View Post
    I've seen some of the things he posted and while his views politically had some racist undertones and gave a very condescending attitude towards the related issues.

    I hope he wasn't one to provoke anyone. I wish a speedy recovery, violence is never the answer
    No, it's not. And regardless of him sharing a few provocative posts he seems like a really nice kid.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    No, it's not. And regardless of him sharing a few provocative posts he seems like a really nice kid.

    Yes he is entitled to an opinion, and yes his post were provocative , but what I saw posted were definitely condescending, had racist undertones, and looked to marginalized the plight of african americans in the country today.

    His posts were not "PRO- BLUE LIVES MATTER" like media is stating, look at what he posted, it is Anti - Black Lives Matter. The point of those post are to put down the BLM movement that wants to bring social equality to african americans.

    IMHO, people who are vocal about being anti-BLM tend to be provokers and aggressive to make their opinion known. I know they did not say it but I won't rule out an aggressive argument that escalated, I feel that is more likely than targeting because of 2 Facebook posts. We hear one side and obviously it's going to be one sided.

    Violence is not the answer, ever, Police and the community need mutual respect and understanding, we need to work towards that.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Under a bridge
    Posts
    9,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroon10 View Post
    Yes he is entitled to an opinion, and yes his post were provocative , but what I saw posted were definitely condescending, had racist undertones, and looked to marginalized the plight of african americans in the country today.

    His posts were not "PRO- BLUE LIVES MATTER" like media is stating, look at what he posted, it is Anti - Black Lives Matter. The point of those post are to put down the BLM movement that wants to bring social equality to african americans.

    IMHO, people who are vocal about being anti-BLM tend to be provokers and aggressive to make their opinion known. I know they did not say it but I won't rule out an aggressive argument that escalated, I feel that is more likely than targeting because of 2 Facebook posts. We hear one side and obviously it's going to be one sided.

    Violence is not the answer, ever, Police and the community need mutual respect and understanding, we need to work towards that.
    Some of those posts I saw we wouldn't be able to share here - which shows how they're weren't simply Blue Lives Matter (which is shared freely here). The only cases I know of students being targeted like this are related to being LGBTQ, racial minorities, Muslims, gangs... I'm really curious to know who the suspects are and what the motivation was. (The fights at my school? Oddly enough often related to sports events.)

    More than anything I hope he comes out of this okay.

    Note: I am NOT blaming him for what happened. Not at all. People should be able to post whatever they want on SM or say whatever they want (while not in school) and not have to worry about physical confrontations for it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 236
    Last Post: 10-10-2016, 05:01 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-16-2016, 07:36 PM
  3. GUILTY CO - Three teen girls brutally beaten, Breckenridge man charged
    By OkieGranny in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-18-2016, 03:32 AM
  4. OK - Hmong dad brutally beaten for running over dog
    By wfgodot in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-10-2011, 09:12 PM
  5. Washington- Girl brutally beaten by older girls
    By LMax in forum Bullies and Stalkers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 01:05 PM