GUILTY MS - Cheyenne Hyer, 3, dies in hot car, Kiln, 30 Sept 2016 *Arrest*

cocomod

Reaction score
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/photo/news/crime-law/cheyenne-hyer/pDX8zf/

Cheyenne Hyer, 3, died Friday, Sept. 30, 2016, in Long Beach, Miss., after being left alone for hours in her mother's police car. Her mother, Cassie Barker, has been placed on administrative leave while the Long Beach Police Department investigates the girl's death.

:cry:

http://www.kplctv.com/story/33307530/officers-on-paid-leave-after-3-year-old-dies-in-patrol-car

HANCOCK COUNTY, MS (WLOX) -
We now know the names of the two Long Beach police officers placed on paid leave while the Hancock County Sheriff’s Office investigates the death of a child.

Glenn Grannon, with the sheriff’s department, said Clark Ladner and Cassie Barker were placed on administrative leave after 3-year-old Cheyenne Hyer died Friday. Sheriff Ricky Adam confirmed Barker is Cheyenne’s mother.

Cheyenne.jpg

UGH these child hot car deaths are really getting to me. RIP sweet baby

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...e-mom-visited-fellow-police-officer/91467696/

He said he couldn't process it right away.

"I lost all feeling. I couldn’t speak, I couldn’t breathe, then I was flat out crying. After that I just was angry, and I went in the backyard and started beating up the shed," he said.

Bass said the air conditioner was on when responders got to the home. He said that in spite of the fact that police often leave their cars running with the air conditioners on while unattended, that there's "no excuse for leaving your child in the car."

"There's no logical reason to do that," he said. "It's not an accident. She left the child in the car. We hear and read about this, it seems like quite often recently. It seems more than ever that people are leaving their infants and small children in the car to do tasks and shopping."

At this point it's unclear if there will be charges, but if there are, Bass said he expects Barker would be charged with negligent homicide.

wow, I encourage anyone stopping by this thread to read that article in cocomod's post ^
This was not a hot car death. AC running, Car idling, officer mommy "visiting" the other officer while both were off duty. Why did I come to WS today? sad sad sad... this girl was THREE YEARS old, not an infant.

I guess I do not understand... the article states it was a hot car death but then states the first responders said the AC was running. Can anyone explain this to me?

I guess I do not understand... the article states it was a hot car death but then states the first responders said the AC was running. Can anyone explain this to me?

Yeah, the mother probably turned on the AC before the EMT's got there. Or maybe she had the child in the back seat area. Depending on the style of the prisoner cage and if the partition was closed, it may have been completely closed off from circulating air. Either way, the autopsy will show if it was a hot car death.

Ya, I was about to ask the same question. Maybe the car ran out of gas but they could see it had been left on with the AC running originally?

Do they think Ladner knew the child was left in the car?

What am I missing here??? How does an ADULT PARENT EVER forget that their child is in a vehicle. These cases are sickening!

What am I missing here??? How does an ADULT PARENT EVER forget that their child is in a vehicle. These cases are sickening!

Doesn't really sound like she forgot that she left the child in the car. She was just busy 'visiting' with the other officer at his house---for FOUR hours, while the child was left in the car.

and they've both been fired already - pretty quickly IMO. More to this story... poor girl. THREE YEARS OLD.

IF anyone knows the dangers of hot cars, it is first responders. I am sick to my stomach about this case. I hope they charge both of them. The officer she was visiting had to have known the child was in the car. THROW the book at them for anything they did--- unofficial use of official vehicle, you name it. If you want to behave like a young adolescent and do stupid things, don't have kids. UGHHHHH.

Doesn't really sound like she forgot that she left the child in the car. She was just busy 'visiting' with the other officer at his house---for FOUR hours, while the child was left in the car.

LOL just color me confused then. Four hours eh? SMH! No excuse!

doesn't seem like the officers are on the same page, mom has tons of photos on FB while the male officer all but deleted his profile.

From her previous misconduct which has not been released BUT person in charge feels like it is going to be addressed with her conduct in this event.

No words to explain my anger. Arrest her.

Barker, 27, told authorities she had left her daughter in her car seat in the back of the patrol car when she arrived shortly before 9 a.m.

Sheriff’s deputies got a call about an unresponsive child at 1:52 p.m. Friday

More like FIVE hours that she left her in the car. The car apparently wasn't even parked in the driveway since it was moved there after she was found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back