TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, murdered in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
attachment.php

"A fitness trainer and mother of three was murdered in a Dallas-area church Monday morning by a man wearing SWAT gear, police said."

"Boot camp-style exercise class participants who showed up at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Tex., around 5 a.m. found their instructor Terri “Missy” Bevers, 45, dead, according to the Midlothian Police Department."

"Fitness trainer Terri (Missy) Bevers, 45, was killed early Monday just before her boot-camp style class, police said. Participants in the Camp Gladiator class found her dead when they arrived to a Midlothian, Tex., church for the workout."

"Police Chief Carl Smith said a man wearing what looked like a tactical helmet, gloves and a heavy vest with "POLICE" written on it could be seen in security camera footage from the E. U.S. Highway 287 church just before Bevers arrived. The department released the 4 a.m. footage Monday afternoon, though Smith said no cameras captured the attack."

MEDIA & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

LE Update/Presser on April 22, 2016

Link to Midlothian Police Department facebook page
Images (still and video) from the church featuring the perp can be seen here.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24
Thread #25
Thread #26
Thread #27
Thread #28
Thread #29
Thread #30
Thread #31
Thread #32
Thread #33
Thread #34
Thread #35

CERTAIN BEHAVIORS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!!

Dear Websleuths Members,

We are going to apply common sense to the Missy Bever's discussion.

You all have really done some amazing sleuthing in the Bever's case. Thank you for putting forth the effort to bring us interesting and helpful posts.

From now on if a member disrupts the thread in any way they will be timed out or banned.

Disrupting the thread could be anything from hitting the alert button over and over on posts that do not violate our TOS, to trying to disrupt members who are discussing a scenario that you disagree with, to arguing over something so minor that it makes me want to rip my eyeballs out of my head in frustration.

Here is an example: No more arguments over "shards of glass" VS "broken glass" LE referenced.

No outright accusations against specific individuals but very general broad speculation or theorizing will be allowed.

The last word from LE was a long time ago and was that none of the persons listed in the search warrants that have been released are suspects "at this time"

We all know that is
doublespeak for we are not willing to name any of them POI or suspect RIGHT NOW.

So a general speculation of "I still find the husband's statements odd, his demeanor off. Something is not right there" are fine. While statements like "BB did it, I mean come on, his wife was sleeping around and it's almost always the husband or boyfriend" are over the line.

"I think this was motivated by jealousy by someone Missy knew, someone who felt threatened by her, someone with low self-esteem" would be okay while "it was that one woman [whatever her initials are] married to one teacher [insert initials]" would be over the line.

This should be easy to understand.

We want a lively and interesting discussion, however, we will not allow the Bever's discussion to get out of hand.

Thanks to
tlcya and beach for their contributions to this post and for their continued hard work in moderating the Bever's thread.

Tricia

Search Warrants

dry cleaner warrant - redacted
LinkedIn warrant 5-5-16
AT&T Tower warrant 5-5-16
Search warrant

NEW DOC
FB Warrant Probably Cause Affidavit

A member was kind enough to seek out and share this probable cause statement regarding the warrant for Missy's Facebook account. A person is named in full in that document as someone LE wanted more information about Missy's interactions with. That individual's initials are CW. We will continue to call that individual by their initials and not use their name in our discussions.

A reminder that this warrant was obtained in the early days of the investigation and since that time LE has stated "We didn't glean anything of significant evidentiary value from the execution of the warrants,"

If a member obtained it from the court record others can and will. therefore we are making it available for our members but caution you to keep the above statement in mind when reading and making reference to it.

Hi Everyone, Because of the People Magazine article we are going to open up a discussion thread for Missy Bevers. This is discussion thread number 36. WOW. The reason we closed thread 35 and didn't start thread 36 a couple of months ago is because some of you kept going around in circles and arguing. It kind of started to look like a feeding frenzy when wild animals eat their young. Some of you turned on each other and it wasn't pretty. Remember, nothing personal. No sarcastic or snarky remarks directed at each other. Just be a polite poster and you won't have a problemThanks, Tricia

Murdered Texas Fitness Instructor's Family 'Furious' by 'Slowed' Investigation:

http://people.com/crime/murdered-texas-fitness-instructors-family-furious-by-slowed-investigation/

-Nin
Some snippets from the PEOPLE article . . .

http://people.com/crime/murdered-texas-fitness-instructors-family-furious-by-slowed-investigation/
Murdered Texas Fitness Instructor's Family 'Furious' by 'Slowed' Investigation
UPDATED OCTOBER 4, 2016 AT 3:58PM EDT
[…]
Midlothian Assistant Police Chief Kevin Johnson, meanwhile, says that while there’s “nothing new” to report at the moment, the case is far from being stalled.
[…]
. . . “the love-triangle thing is not really panning out so far,” Johnson says. This means they are exploring the option that the crime was “an untargeted type of hit,” which greatly opens up the field of suspects.
[…]
Johnson says that Missy’s family members “are not a focus of the investigation. And that’s not double-talk; it’s very much not. But one thing I will not say is that anybody is eliminated. I want to stop short on that.”

It's bee nearly 6 months since Missy was murdered, I'm really surprised that SWATPERP is still roaming free. I'm surprised to hear that LE is looking at the possibility of an untargeted hit now. I was sure she was targeted. I really wish MT would stop talking about the alleged affair, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Im embarrassed to admit how much I missed this thread and the numourous intelligent posters! From reading other cases though I have learned that these investigations take a very long time.

I got so excited to see the threads opened back up on Missy. I had hoped it meant an arrest had been made but sadly thats not the case. Its so sad that they are no closer to solving the mystery. This killer deserves punishment and Missys family deserves Justice! Missy u arent forgotten and I will keep praying for a break in this case that will lead to the capture and incarceration for those involved! Thank u websleuths for allowing us to once again discuss this case. I promise to follow forum rules and respect the opinions of others. We cant give up hope that this case will be solved...We all want justice for Missy on that we can all agree!

Boy, seeing Missy's name made my heart lurch a little. But sadly, no *arrest* in the title. This case is just awful. I think they don't have any leads from the cell tower, no DNA from the crime scene, apparently nothing about the strange gait. And what about that car? Was it really just a car pulled off the road in a rain storm? I still look for oval stickers while driving around DFW. This case is cold, cold.

I'm not surprised one bit that this case has not been solved. I've thought from the start, that this investigation was bungled. It's impossible for me to believe that this was a targeted killing. Who would have a reason to kill a physical fitness trainer? It doesn't make any sense. The fact that the investigators haven't been able to come up with a suspect, means they can't answer that question either.

I believe this was clearly, just what it appeared to be, a church burglary gone wrong. Churches get burglarized all the time. Unfortunately for MB, the burglar didn't expect her to show up in the middle of the night.

If this had been a targeted killing, the perpetrator would not have attacked her inside a church with cameras all over the place. And the perpetrator would certainly not have gone through all the trouble of breaking into and vandalizing a church, just to cover up the murder. He could have just ran her car off the side of the highway, shot her, and made it look like a road rage killing, and it would have been over in one minute with no witnesses, and no video evidence.

I think the only way this killer will be caught is if the police catch him in some other crime, and then link him to this case.

It's bee nearly 6 months since Missy was murdered, I'm really surprised that SWATPERP is still roaming free. I'm surprised to hear that LE is looking at the possibility of an untargeted hit now. I was sure she was targeted. I really wish MT would stop talking about the alleged affair, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Im embarrassed to admit how much I missed this thread and the numourous intelligent posters! From reading other cases though I have learned that these investigations take a very long time.
Are you a local LeeAnnB?

I'm not surprised one bit that this case has not been solved. I've thought from the start, that this investigation was bungled. It's impossible for me to believe that this was a targeted killing. Who would have a reason to kill a physical fitness trainer? It doesn't make any sense. The fact that the investigators haven't been able to come up with a suspect, means they can't answer that question either.

I believe this was clearly, just what it appeared to be, a church burglary gone wrong. Churches get burglarized all the time. Unfortunately for MB, the burglar didn't expect her to show up in the middle of the night.

If this had been a targeted killing, the perpetrator would not have attacked her inside a church with cameras all over the place. And the perpetrator would certainly not have gone through all the trouble of breaking into and vandalizing a church, just to cover up the murder. He could have just ran her car off the side of the highway, shot her, and made it look like a road rage killing, and it would have been over in one minute with no witnesses, and no video evidence.

I think the only way this killer will be caught is if the police catch him in some other crime, and then link him to this case.

What about her being a physical fitness trainer excludes her from possibly being targeted for murder?

Hi Everyone, Because of the People Magazine article we are going to open up a discussion thread for Missy Bevers. This is discussion thread number 36. WOW. The reason we closed thread 35 and didn't start thread 36 a couple of months ago is because some of you kept going around in circles and arguing. It kind of started to look like a feeding frenzy when wild animals eat their young. Some of you turned on each other and it wasn't pretty. Remember, nothing personal. No sarcastic or snarky remarks directed at each other. Just be a polite poster and you won't have a problemThanks, Tricia

:tyou: Miss Tricia! I was so hoping Missy's case would be solved by now, but I think it is very complicated. If it is truly a "stranger on stranger" crime then who knows when it will be solved unless the killer talks and somebody tells. I still believe Missy was targeted by someone she knew.

I def think MB targeted. A lot of prep by perp(s) and LE stated nothing was taken from church.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:tyou: Miss Tricia! I was so hoping Missy's case would be solved by now, but I think it is very complicated. If it is truly a "stranger on stranger" crime then who knows when it will be solved unless the killer talks and somebody tells. I still believe Missy was targeted by someone she knew.

I agree with you. I still think she was targeted but the possible motive has brought me down to level one again. Missy's girls needs justice!

Yes, that was really interesting to see. Also, indicates there was more than just " flirty texts".

And more than just one. Lovers. Plural. Perhaps someone got angry when he found out he wasn't the only lover.

Sounds like people were talking plenty of smack about MB as well..." In the course of our investigation we have had multiple references to the Decedent’s Facebook account which listed the decedent’s plans and activities for assignations with people alleged to be her lovers."https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzeXU7Ui8KyTODIzcUY3SG5nN3M/view

Sounds like people were talking plenty of smack about MB as well..." In the course of our investigation we have had multiple references to the Decedent’s Facebook account which listed the decedent’s plans and activities for assignations with people alleged to be her lovers."https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzeXU7Ui8KyTODIzcUY3SG5nN3M/view

Leaves questions as to who was making the multiple references to MB fb account listing her plans. BB only? Other family? Friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member