Charley Project

kingsley_christine.jpg
kingsley_christine_ap.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
• Missing Since: June 22, 1995 from Elyria, Ohio
• Classification: Endangered Runaway
• Date of Birth: March 5, 1978
• Height and Weight: 5'5, 145 pounds
• Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Christine has a scar on her right hand and a skin discoloration on her right leg.

Details of Disappearance
Christine was last seen in Elyria, Ohio on June 22, 1995. She was being taken to a temporary holding facility for juveniles when she disappeared. Authorities believe she left of her own accord. Few details are available in her case.

Cold case into teen’s disappearance reopened after FBI digs at Lorain house

Spencer Hamlin remembers when his father installed a pool 10 years ago outside his childhood home on West 10th Street in Lorain.

"I remember my father finding bones in the back yard," said Hamlin.

Delora Hamlin said the FBI was acting on a tip they might find the remains of Christine Kingsley, who was last seen in Elyria on June 22, 1995.

"They had the dog sniff around and things. Then Tuesday, they had a dig team come," Delora Hamlin said.

Hamlin said the FBI did not find any human remains in their backyard. However, police said they are reopening this 21-year cold case.

This really does look like one of those 'chose to disappear' cases. Family wonders, where is Christine? gives a fair bit more information, including that she went missing from home on June 6 and that the June 22 date is when she was picked up by police (and then legged it again before her mother could fetch her!). Additionally, it says her aunt bumped into her in 1999 when she said she was living in Toledo. It seems hard to reconcile these facts if correct (and they come from her mother) with any other conclusion. If this is the case she must have an assumed identity.

I don't agree with this actually, But I could be mistaken. Some of these are not true facts.... for instance .. 1. Her Aunt was not the one who "thought" they saw her at the convenient store. It was her cousin ( said Aunt's daughter) and the girl never replied to her at all. she said she didn't think the girl heard her.
2. I know there are a few girls and 2 boys who were at the junction with her the night she went missing. and were never interviewed.
There is a facebook group called bring Christine Kingsley home, and there has been a lot of negativity between her siblings and close friends and concerned family.
the actual missing person's report filed for her is dated March 7, 2011. Why so long? and it was filed by a sister and cousin. not the parents?

I know the mother in deed seen her at the junction when she said she did not.
I wonder how many of her family knows she showed up to that Junction the same night she ran away, and was told she couldn't stay there because she ran off earlier in the day?
these are just a few things the Elyria police need to be asking about.
3. the family continues to search for Christine. It has been a search mostly outside the public spotlight.... why?
why has it taken 23 years for this girl's disappearance to be properly investigated?
why isn't she on the FBI missing person/ person of interest pages?
why is her siblings so hell bent on this Facebook group trying to help find their sister?
either result or out come will be a sad story :(

Bumping for Christine on the 26th anniversary of her disappearance (tomorrow). This occurred just a couple counties over from where I reside in NE Ohio, and is one of the most lame law enforcement investigations, poorest publicly communicated case I've seen as far as missing persons. It's very sad. I hope this girl is alive and living a happy life somewhere and will one day come forward and describe how it all occurred. We care, Christine.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back