OR - 2 children, 1 adult dead after apparent murder/suicide, 6 & 8, Beaverton

cujenn81

Reaction score
http://katu.com/news/local/three-dead-at-beaverton-apartment-officers-on-scene-report-shots-fired

"A man and his two children were found dead Wednesday afternoon at a Beaverton apartment, and police officials said it appears to be a murder-suicide situation."

"Beaverton Police said the victims are a 36-year-old man, and his 6-year-old son and 8-year-old daughter."

http://www.oregonlive.com/washingtoncounty/index.ssf/2016/10/beaverton_police_investigating_2.html

"The father lived there with the children and their mother, Shaw said. He didn't know whether the couple had other children or whether the mother was home at the time of the killings. She was not wounded, Shaw said."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if the mother threatened divorce and he did it as revenge?

I'm wondering if the mother threatened divorce and he did it as revenge?

It's so sad.
The news said a female relative made the 911 call after discovering them but didn't say whether it was the mom... but I assume it most likely was.

It's weird that they initially entered the apartment and believed all were deceased, but then heard another gunshot while securing the crime scene and now believe that shot was the father's fatal one. A neighbor in one article also said he was told by LE that he couldn't go up to his apartment because they were currently negotiating a hostage situation in the next door apartment. That makes me think you might be right. The call could have initially made because the husband was threatening to kill their children but hadn't actually done anything yet. He might not have shot them until he saw the cops pulling up and then killed himself when LE was securing the scene.

It's makes me so upset when a parent sees no other way out and chooses to take their young and innocent children with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back