Found Deceased UK - Ethan Peters, 20, York, 2nd October 2016

Thank you. I saw a brief clip on this on the news with an interview with Megan Robert's mother saying how she felt for Ethan's family.

5 days is a long time, I can't help but think the worst. Hope I'm wrong, mind.

Thank you. I saw a brief clip on this on the news with an interview with Megan Robert's mother saying how she felt for Ethan's family.

5 days is a long time, I can't help but think the worst. Hope I'm wrong, mind.

You're probably not wrong, sadly. York gets more than it's fair share of water deaths, perhaps they will find Rory Johnson while they're looking.

I met many of the UK members on Megan Roberts thread, I think it was the first one that really got me especially as it's relatively nearby. Calling Skibaboo - another one on your patch I'm afraid my dear :(

You're probably not wrong, sadly. York gets more than it's fair share of water deaths, perhaps they will find Rory Johnson while they're looking.

I met many of the UK members on Megan Roberts thread, I think it was the first one that really got me especially as it's relatively nearby. Calling Skibaboo - another one on your patch I'm afraid my dear :(

And this is the first I'm hearing about it...

Last seen in Coney Street and lives in the Hull Road area. I grew up off Hull Road. If I was walking from Coney Street up to Hull Road I'd go down Walmgate to Lawrence Street, not really going too close to the Foss and there is not anywhere along there you could easily fall in.. hmm ETA: I mean you would walk over the Foss in Piccadilly/or possibly Fossgate (doubtful) but over a bridge

Maybe they have seen something on CCTV that wold point towards the foss

And this is the first I'm hearing about it...

Last seen in Coney Street and lives in the Hull Road area. I grew up off Hull Road. If I was walking from Coney Street up to Hull Road I'd go down Walmgate to Lawrence Street, not really going too close to the Foss and there is not anywhere along there you could easily fall in.. hmm

Maybe they have seen something on CCTV that wold point towards the foss

He'd have to cross the Foss somewhere to get from Coney Street to Hull Road wouldn't he? Or what about if he went down by Cliffords Tower and back up to Hull Road via the Barbican, is that any more open? (backing up my memory with google maps, looks feasible?)

BREAKING VIDEO: Search for missing Ethan Peters continues in York

POLICE say the disappearance of York student Ethan Peters is "totally out of character", as a major search to find the 20-year-old continues.

Mr Peters, who lives in the Hull Road area, was last seen in Coney Street at around 11.55pm on Sunday, police say.

Officers have been reviewing CCTV around the area in which the University of York student was last seen.

The Yorkshire And The Humber (YATH), marine search unit have entered the Foss from the gardens of the Merchant Adventurers Hall, and a section of Piccadilly has been cordoned off while the investigation continues.

He'd have to cross the Foss somewhere to get from Coney Street to Hull Road wouldn't he? Or what about if he went down by Cliffords Tower and back up to Hull Road via the Barbican, is that any more open? (backing up my memory with google maps, looks feasible?)

Yeah sorry I edited to add he would have to cross it. I don't know why he would walk around past Cliffords Tower and the Barbican, much quicker to go down Piccadilly and then Walmgate

Merchant Adventurers is just to the left side of the bridge in the 2nd pic (with the bikes)

Yeah sorry I edited to add he would have to cross it. I don't know why he would walk around past Cliffords Tower and the Barbican, much quicker to go down Piccadilly and then Walmgate

I just wondered if it might be easier to fall in around there. There must be loads of CCTV around that area as there are quite a few shops. I think they've seen something that suggests he's entered the water.

On to geography, aren't there a couple of locks or something just where the Foss meets the Ouse? I seem to remember this from Rory. Would it stop a body going into the Ouse?

I just wondered if it might be easier to fall in around there. There must be loads of CCTV around that area as there are quite a few shops. I think they've seen something that suggests he's entered the water.

On to geography, aren't there a couple of locks or something just where the Foss meets the Ouse? I seem to remember this from Rory. Would it stop a body going into the Ouse?

Yes there is one just across the street on Castle Mills Bridge near where to Rory went missing.. whether it would stop a body idk

I think they have seen something on CCTV to show he went down Piccadilly, hence the part of the street cordoned off there.

ETA: Sainsbury's looks to have a camera outside, and there is an Argos, William Hill and Ladbrokes too that probably do, also there is a traffic cam right there before the bridge

BREAKING Police find body of missing York student in river Update: 6.30pm

POLICE have found the body of missing York student Ethan Peters in the River Foss.

North Yorkshire Police said this evening that the 20-year-old's family had been informed and they were continuing to receive support from specially-trained officers.

DI Jackie Smart said: “Our thoughts are with Ethan’s family and we will do everything we can to support them at this very difficult time.

"We would like to thank the members of the public and the media who have supported the appeal.”

Police said earlier that underwater search teams and local officers had been conducting extensive searches and the body was found at 1.30pm in the river behind the Castle Museum in York.

So sad :( RIP Ethan :rose:

Oh no, how tragic, I wonder how he ended up in the water. RIP Ethan.

If he had to be in there I am glad they found him sooner rather than later. I cannot imagine how it must be for the families who have to wait weeks or years to get answers. It's nearly a year since Rory Hatfield-Johnson vanished form the same area. Where is he?

How very sad.

RIP Ethan.

Am glad the family know what has happened, but still absolutely tragic.

Oh, for the love of all that is holy in this universe - Young men, stop drinking yourself into oblivion unless you have a coherent companion at your side.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back