1292 users online (241 members and 1051 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldpizza View Post
    Please move over to the new thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...9#post12864159

The link sent me to the active trial thread....did you want to combine the two threads?

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

OT/Related

Another article about the baby left in car while mother was interviewing for a job. This shopping center is in my former neighborhood. I wonder what child care plans the woman would have if/when she finds a job?

Cops: Woman ticketed for leaving baby in car

James David Dickson, The Detroit News 12:35 p.m. EDT October 12, 2016

A Detroit woman trying to land a job in Troy last week instead received a citation for child neglect, police say.

Officers were called to the parking lot of the Kroger on the 30 block of East Long Lake on Thursday at 12:25 p.m. on a report that a baby was left unattended in a car, a maroon 2007 Chevy Impala.

A witness in the parking lot told police they heard the baby crying from inside the car. The baby, 9 months old, was “drenched in sweat,” a statement from police said. The outside temperature was 75 degrees...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...oger/91946424/

Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    It's interesting how HLN was all ready to cover the trial gavel-to-gavel when it was originally suppose to happen in May, but for some reason, must have changed their minds between then and now.

Of course there are still 5 weeks left and they could decide to start covering it at any point, but as of right now, their decision is to not give it the Arias or Anthony treatment.

A search on HLN's website shows the last time they wrote about Ross was in April. I can only find two posts about the trial since it began on their Facebook page. I know Nancy Grace talked about the trial on her show.. But there seems to be a huge contrast between the original plan and what they ended up doing.

Why do you think that is?

HLN is located in Atlanta. Did their decision change because the trial was moved? It was only moved a few hours away, and they've traveled to Utah, Arizona, and Florida to extensively cover a trial. It's hard for me to think their original decision to give the case 24/7 coverage changed because it moved far away...but at the same time, I could easily how a trial could be very appealing if it was in their backyard. They were also suppose to cover the Andrea Sneiderman trial gavel-to-gavel before she took a plea deal, and that trial was also located in the Atlanta area, so I don't think it's far-fetched to say a trial happening in Atlanta would be considered a plus to them.

Did they have research done that showed that people's interest in the trial dropped between now and then? Why would that be? Is it because it's not as hot out anymore and this is the hot car death case?

Maybe both? Interest dropped because it's not as hot out...and with the trial moving away from Atlanta and no longer being overly convenient to cover, they decided it wasn't worth it?

The only two things I can think that changed between now and then is...the trial was moved and it's happening in the Fall instead of the Spring/Summer.

I don't have cable so this just my research from the Internet. Is HLN covering the case more than my post would imply? If not, what are they talking about?
    I know they have at least one reporter in Brunswick covering the case for HLN. From what I understand, Court TV was just cancelled one day, abruptly. Very sad because most of us are very interested in the legal system and how it works. The reporters and legal analysts do an important and worthy job. I wish Court TV or Tru TV or whatever they want to call it would come back.
    My opinion only, unless referenced or supported by a link. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray_of_hope View Post
    I know they have at least one reporter in Brunswick covering the case for HLN. From what I understand, Court TV was just cancelled one day, abruptly. Very sad because most of us are very interested in the legal system and how it works. The reporters and legal analysts do an important and worthy job. I wish Court TV or Tru TV or whatever they want to call it would come back.
    Yep, they suddenly cancelled Court TV for the far more educational & informative 'Lizard Lick Towing,' at least in my area.

Part of the push to keep the public informed & up to date on what really matters... *sigh*
    The exception proves the rule -

This case will be featured on Dateline NBC tonight.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18