1328 users online (232 members and 1096 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PaperDoll View Post
    I don't see a martini in that delicious spread, tlcya
    Here ya go Doll
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Quote Originally Posted by blue22 View Post
    The defense claims this, yes? Have they mentioned they have proof that he did not make these searches or comments? Or is this their interpretation of the evidence presented? They are going to paint a very different picture than the prosecution, this is obvious and expcted. I think it's a bit hasty to jump on the lying cop bandwagon, until the defense shows their "proof" this happened. JMO.

IMO, love means very little. People do horrible things to people they love all the time. People distort love. He probably did love Cooper, but that doesn't mean he valued his life. In fact, I think the timeline shows he didn't. Whether he planned this, I don't know for sure.

I don't believe that people murder people they love, much less in such a terribly painful way as Cooper died.

And no, the burden of proof belongs to the State, not the defense. Ross is presumed innocent until and unless a jury convicts him. The State must prove such searches were conducted if they choose to use his searches as "evidence" of his state of mind. The defense has no obligation to prove anything about his searches, or lack thereof, though they are clearly prepared to counter the State's misleading and inflammatory pretrial assertions about the searches should the State bring them up at trial.

Quote Originally Posted by MsMarple View Post
    Well... maybe it is. During the pc hearing Kilgore compared forgetting Cooper in the car to forgetting boxed leftovers. Hey, it happens to everybody.
    I remember that statement and how very distasteful it was to all of us who were watching those hearings. I look forward to seeing what specifically the cell phone and computer data reveals. So far we have only heard the laymen interpretation of those items via the probable cause hearings. Being a veteran from the Casey Anthony trial days, I think those searches and exactly what they do or don't reveal will be crucial to jurors' deliberations.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

The defense claims this, yes? Have they mentioned they have proof that he did not make these searches or comments? Or is this their interpretation of the evidence presented? They are going to paint a very different picture than the prosecution, this is obvious and expcted. I think it's a bit hasty to jump on the lying cop bandwagon, until the defense shows their "proof" this happened. JMO.

IMO, love means very little. People do horrible things to people they love all the time. People distort love. He probably did love Cooper, but that doesn't mean he valued his life. In fact, I think the timeline shows he didn't. Whether he planned this, I don't know for sure.
    He did plan it..

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    Here ya go Doll
    OMG, THANK YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by GA_Peach View Post
    I am pulling this over from the trial thread, but unfortunately I do not know how to officially quote it.

Post# 1030 by collete:
    Even though he has made this trip many times, the trip still takes longer than the LE says it does. If they have such a good case, why do they have to lie about many facts? That is the problem with this case. Also Harris usually went to CFA drive thru so things were different that day.

Respectfully, the trip is that short. While LE has been less than truthful about many things that have been released, it is .6 miles from CFA to the Tree House. The 0.6 miles includes an extra 0.1 mile for making the U-turn to avoid the center median. It is about 0.15 miles, including the U-turn, from CFA to the middle of the intersection. It is less than 0.1 miles from the CFA exit until the turn lane starts. I have driven through that intersection over 1,000 times (twice a day for 4+ years), and I can assure you that it is just as close as LE says that it is. In fact, I think that the State did a terrible job during the opening statements with not conveying to the jury exactly how close the turn lane is to the CFA exit. The turn lane is actually immediately in front of the CFA exit, but Ross had to backtrack about 100-150 yards to avoid the median.

But what of traffic? I've been in traffic many a time , both in cities and on highways, when distance meant little in terms of time spent driving. Worst in recent past was getting stuck on a trip west in Sunday return traffic going into Denver, when we averaged literally one mile an hour for 2 1/2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
    I don't believe that people murder people they love, much less in such a terribly painful way as Cooper died.

And no, the burden of proof belongs to the State, not the defense. Ross is presumed innocent until and unless a jury convicts him. The State must prove such searches were conducted if they choose to use his searches as "evidence" of his state of mind. The defense has no obligation to prove anything about his searches, or lack thereof, though they are clearly prepared to counter the State's misleading and inflammatory pretrial assertions about the searches should the State bring them up at trial.
    Yes, of course the burden of proof is on the prosecution. What I am saying, is you seem to believe the searches didn't really happen, simply because the defense says they didn't. OF COURSE they are going to say that! They aren't going to agree. We haven't even come to that batch of evidence being presented and scrutinized, yet. Why not wait until that happens, before it's assumed the detective is lying? I just find it strange that the defense is believed so readily, before we've even reached that part of the trial. Accusing a detective of lying before it's presented in this trial is really lofty. I don't think either side can or should be accepted as fact right now. (IMO.) I have my own opinions, but if the evidence shows something else...well, I've been wrong before.

Yes, of course the burden of proof is on the prosecution. What I am saying, is you seem to believe the searches didn't really happen, simply because the defense says they didn't. OF COURSE they are going to say that! They aren't going to agree. We haven't even come to that batch of evidence being presented and scrutinized, yet. Why not wait until that happens, before it's assumed the detective is lying? I just find it strange that the defense is believed so readily, before we've even reached that part of the trial. Accusing a detective of lying before it's presented in this trial is really lofty. I don't think either side can or should be accepted as fact right now. (IMO.) I have my own opinions, but if the evidence shows something else...well, I've been wrong before.
    I said the same thing yesterday....why is everything the defense says taken as gospel??? I hope the jurors have open minds and do the right thing with the evidence they are presented. I am really surprised at the Ross Harris backers on this thread.......Mods I am not referring to anyone in particular

Quote Originally Posted by smeck View Post
    I said the same thing yesterday....why is everything the defense says taken as gospel??? I hope the jurors have open minds and do the right thing with the evidence they are presented. I am really surprised at the Ross Harris backers on this thread.......Mods I am not referring to anyone in particular
    Yes, I agree. Neither side should be taken as gospel. If the internet searches and comments don't hold up to examination, then that's a win for the defense. If the detective's statements are examined and shown to be false, than that's a whole other problem. However, I'm not going to call a detective a liar unless or until that happens. The defense is always going to paint this kind of picture, it's their job. I'm not going to take their word as gold, and I'm also not handing this to the prosecutor. They have much to prove, still. We are days in. It's ridiculous!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
    But what of traffic? I've been in traffic many a time , both in cities and on highways, when distance meant little in terms of time spent driving. Worst in recent past was getting stuck on a trip west in Sunday return traffic going into Denver, when we averaged literally one mile an hour for 2 1/2 hours.
    Have you ever been to the intersection near the CFA, The Home Depot's HQ, and the Tree House? If you are extremely familiar with that intersection, please forgive the following explanation. According to the time stamp on CFA's surveillance video, Ross left CFA at 9:19. By that time, congestion from rush hour has cleared out of the area. Cooper's death also occurred in June, a time when schools are not in session in Atlanta. Traffic here is consistently and signficantly lighter during the summer months.

Aside from all of that, Ross's chosen route to his office would not have been possible if traffic was heavy! Ross had three options for how to depart from CFA:

1) Make a right onto Cumberland Pkwy. and make an illegal U-turn
    2) Use the extended drive that is to the right of CFA when looking at the front door, take an immediate left at the bottom of the hill, and then turn left onto Cumberland Pkwy. (this is the legal and recommended way to exit CFA when turning left on Cumberland Pkwy.)
    3) Use the extended drive that is to the right of CFA when looking at the front door, proceed straight at the bottom of the hill, and then use the traffic light to turn left onto Cumberland Pkwy.

If traffic was super heavy, a U-turn would not have possible. As I have stated previously, I have driven through that particular intersection at least 1,000 times and can assure you that I have experienced that light both with and without traffic. When traffic is not moving, drivers do not even attempt to make that U-turn. Commuters in Atlanta are not polite, and nobody would allow a car to turn illegally. Furthermore, any traffic on Cumberland Pwky. would have opened up as soon as Ross cleared the intersection. Based on the above information, a person can conclude beyond a reasonable doubt that traffic was not an issue on Ross's "commute" to work. On top of that, the reported time stamps on both surveillance videos, which make Ross's entire trip 6 minutes, is exactly what I would have expected if Ross caught the light at the intersection.

On a related note, if Ross's "commute" was significantly altered due to traffic, don't you think that we would have heard about it by now?
    Last edited by GA_Peach; 10-06-2016 at 11:18 PM.

How can one really prove someone forgot their child was in the car? Hard to do, anyone can say they forgot. How do you provide evidence in a case like this?

Have you ever been to the intersection near the CFA, The Home Depot's HQ, and the Tree House? If you are extremely familiar with that intersection, please forgive the following explanation. According to the time stamp on CFA's surveillance video, Ross left CFA at 9:19. By that time, congestion from rush hour has cleared out of the area. Cooper's death also occurred in June, a time when schools are not in session in Atlanta. Traffic here is consistently and signficantly lighter during the summer months.

Aside from all of that, Ross's chosen route to his office would not have been possible if traffic was heavy! Ross had three options for how to depart from CFA:

2) Use the extended drive that is to the right of CFA when looking at the front door, take an immediate left at the bottom of the hill, and then turn left onto Cumberland Pkwy. (this is the legal and recommended way to exit CFA when turning left on Cumberland Pkwy.)
    3) Use the extended drive that is to the right of CFA when looking at the front door, proceed straight at the bottom of the hill, and then use the traffic light to turn left onto Cumberland Pkwy.

If traffic was super heavy, a U-turn would not have possible. As I have stated previously, I have driven through that particular intersection at least 1,000 times and can assure you that I have experienced that light both with and without traffic. When traffic is not moving, drivers do not even attempt to make that U-turn. Commuters in Atlanta are not polite, and nobody would allow a car to turn illegally. Furthermore, any traffic on Cumberland Pwky. would have opened up as soon as Ross cleared the intersection. Based on the above information, a person can conclude beyond a reasonable doubt that traffic was not an issue on Ross's "commute" to work. On top of that, the reported time stamps on both surveillance videos, which make Ross's entire trip 6 minutes, is exactly what I would have expected if Ross caught the light at the intersection.

On a related note, if Ross's "commute" was significantly altered due to traffic, don't you think that we would have heard about it by now?
    Thank you GA-Peach for clearing that up There is no way, IMO, that he forgot, no way!

I cannot even imagine forgetting a child or a pet in the car. It is unfathomable to me. Forget about traffic, forget about breakfast and forget about being preoccupied....no reason makes any sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PaperDoll View Post
    How can one really prove someone forgot their child was in the car? Hard to do, anyone can say they forgot. How do you provide evidence in a case like this?
    I don't think that you can prove a person forgot. It's part of the reason that cases like this fascinate me. However, the evidence can give credence to a particular theory. For example, were drugs or alcohol involved? Is there testimony that points to a distracted defendant? Additionally, forgetting is the result of a neurological breakdown, and those kind of breakdowns typically follow a pattern. Were any of those common causes present in the case (for example a change in routine)? JMO.

It was just a mostly idle question, actually, since the total time for his commute is known, and as I've said, I think the difference between 1 or 2 or even 3 minutes to the intersection is irrelevant.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast