Hiker discovers creepy Halloween setup in woods

Dogface

Reaction score
So this guy came upon a bunch of missing peoples posters in the middle of woods, actual missing people from all over, along with some weird stick thing and a blanket with a can of food. Understandably he contacted police, who contacted the people living on the property and the people said they set it up for Halloween. Which, to me, doesn't make it any less creepy or bizarre.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/91655142/?client=safari

This is so creepy and psycho that I don't even know what to say. If I were local to them, I'd probably keep an eye on them just for the heck of it after that.

This is so creepy and psycho that I don't even know what to say. If I were local to them, I'd probably keep an eye on them just for the heck of it after that.

Yeah, it's a special type of demented to incorporate actual, real missing people into your Halloween decorations.

Especially odd, imo. is that Canadian Tim Bosma's photo was included in the "collection"
Man finds eerie missing person 'shrine' in NY woods

http://solonews.net/593948/news/man-finds-eerie-missing-person-shrine-in-ny-woods.html
attachment.php

Hiker James Rankin found these bizarre missing person posters while walking in the woods
In the footage, he says he also found a camp, complete with a large tent, bedding, open cans of food and a fire pit - all of which are arranged in a circle in the deserted woods. "Clearly they are not a family member of a missing person". The missing people in the photos were real, and included Jennifer Kesse, a Florida woman who went missing in 2006.

Others paint a fairly incomplete picture - Brenda Heist who reappeared 11 years after disappearing, or Tim Bosma, whose body was later found.

If these were "Halloween party" decorations, why have they been hanging there for weeks or months?

Attachments

• 391E5C9500000578-3822898-image-a-3_1475656099911.jpg
    391E5C9500000578-3822898-image-a-3_1475656099911.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 127
Hmmmm, hmmm, hmm...

To respect TOS, I'll just say googling the "hiker" is "interesting"...

Having said that, yes I find it creepy & in extremely bad taste to use real mp flyers for Halloween decor.

Hmmmm, hmmm, hmm...

To respect TOS, I'll just say googling the "hiker" is "interesting"...

Having said that, yes I find it creepy & in extremely bad taste to use real mp flyers for Halloween decor.

I googled and saw that this isn't his first stumble into a place he shouldn't be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viral Video is a HOAX According to the Police

http://thehuntingtonian.com/2016/10/06/viral-video-is-a-hoax-according-to-the-police/

Snip

The maker of this video was arrested in 2014 for trespassing before, nothing new for him. See arrest here http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/04...after-taking-pictures-inside-l-i-high-school/

Cbs stated “As CBS 2’s Jennifer McLogan reported, James Rankin, 35, a 1996 graduate of Walt Whitman High School, was spotted on surveillance video on campus taking photos around 3:50 a.m. this past Friday, 1010 WINS’ Mona Rivera said.”

Did Rankin trespassed again to make this video? Is he lucky the police and the owner of the property have not pressed charges. His actions here show a need for attention and shows that the Media does not fact check like they should. The Patch.com, the DailyNews and Sryacuse.com should know better. Did he even think for one minute he maybe hurting the families of the missing posters and the media has responsibility here too. A big question is will thePatch.com issue an apology to Derek Seehausen’s Family? Police confirmed that this was setup by the owner and that he did download the posters from Internet sites to use for the Halloween party on his property. Plus Rankin knew he was on private property and knew where he was. He was 200 to 300 feet from Jericho Turnpike and or Manor Road in Huntington, NY.

More at link

I must be missing something lol. The people who owned the land printed off missing people's fliers and used them as Halloween decor right? The guy trespassed and found it. So what about it is a hoax? Just the fact that it's not a random shrine? Regardless, I find it in poor taste that people would use real missing people as part of a Halloween setup.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back