1393 users online (339 members and 1054 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,959

    Exiting car, 18 y/o male shot & killed StL MO LEO Blake Snyder - 6 Oct 2016

    Blake Snyder, 33 y/o, St. Louis County officer, who had been on force 4 years, was responding to a call Thurs .
    http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...c88305bdd.html
    ^ article mentions Snyder's FB page w pix of 2 y/o son.

    From yesterday's story at stltoday.com:
    "Snyder approached Forster, by then sitting in a car parked outside, and was shot “almost immediately,” officials said. The second officer, who arrived separately, exchanged shots with Forster and was not hurt.
    Charging documents say a witness saw the shooting and identified Forster as the gunman. Police recovered a pistol."
    ( l lost link, sorry)

    <modsnip>

    RIP Officer Snyder. Thoughts & prayers to wife, 2 y/o son, family, friends, StL Co PD, & community.


    *Alerting on own post to ask WS Mod if ^ everipedia link is w'in ToS.
    Last edited by sillybilly; 10-07-2016 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Not an approved site. Thanks for asking :)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,959
    Oct 7, 12:27CT http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ima-kill...spair-threats/

    "Earlier in August, Forster, whose Twitter description reads simply “I smoke marijuana,” tweeted about police and guns: “I’ma get a crown vic and start pulling mfs over,” and later that day, “The compact .40 cal send all my enemies to hell.” "


    "In July he wrote “I want [expletive] the police carved into my grave.”"

    That wish speaks volumes imo.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    The Carolinas
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by al66pine View Post
    Oct 7, 12:27CT http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ima-kill...spair-threats/

    "Earlier in August, Forster, whose Twitter description reads simply “I smoke marijuana,” tweeted about police and guns: “I’ma get a crown vic and start pulling mfs over,” and later that day, “The compact .40 cal send all my enemies to hell.” "


    "In July he wrote “I want [expletive] the police carved into my grave.”"

    That wish speaks volumes imo.
    Guarantee you some relative will be on TV talking about what an upstanding young man he is.
    MOO

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,234
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetCaroline View Post
    Guarantee you some relative will be on TV talking about what an upstanding young man he is.
    Actually the family has apologized:

    http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...e7abfaef3.html

    Another situation where the "mental health system" and automatic adulthood at age 18 has failed.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,959

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,959
    More re 18 y/o Forster who (allegedy) shot & killed St.L. County LEO Snyder Oct 6


    "A county police officer and her husband have obtained orders of protection against William Forster — whose son is accused of killing another county officer last month — claiming they felt threatened, and that in the past he had wielded a shotgun in the neighborhood and talked of “shooting demons.”"

    ^not the LEO who was killed.

    http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/neighbors-obtain-protection-orders-against-father-of-man-charged-with/article_0b4a81ea-2ee6-5efb-9ad3-7a9
    d179640e0.html
    Nov. 1, 2016.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughing View Post
    Actually the family has apologized:

    http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...e7abfaef3.html

    Another situation where the "mental health system" and automatic adulthood at age 18 has failed.
    This family seems to have attempted to help him. They'd dealt with the behavior and drug addiction since he was injured at age 14. Sometimes folks are just broken, and there is no fixing them, no matter how many mental health providers they are sent to, or rehabs. When a person hits 18, their mind may not be fully matured, but they do have a mind of their own and parents cannot force an 18 year old to do what they don't want to do. It's hard enough to force a 13 year old to do what they are dead set against doing.


    Let me live, so when it's time to die, even the Reaper cries. . . ~ RHCP




    (Unless there's a link, it's just my own 2.)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    DofC
    Posts
    20,919
    KINSEY SCHOFIELD@kinseyschofield
    __________
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone, it's not ... The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel all alone." - Robin Williams



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-22-2016, 12:54 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-28-2016, 07:25 PM
  3. Replies: 55
    Last Post: 08-23-2016, 09:47 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-28-2016, 12:52 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-23-2016, 11:58 AM