Terrell Owens to Hold Press Conference

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
Terrell Owens Calls News Conference
for anyone who cares :loser:

PHILADELPHIA - Terrell Owens and agent Drew Rosenhaus will have a news conference at the Owens' house in Moorestown, N.J. this afternoon. Owens' brief but tumultuous time in Philadelphia ended yesterday when the All-Pro wide receiver was told not to return to the team this season.

"This decision is a result of a large number of situations that accumulated over a long period of time, during which Terrell had been warned repeatedly about the consequences of his actions," Eagles coach Andy Reid said.

Owens was suspended for Sunday night's 17-10 loss at Washington, and will remain suspended for three more games without pay. After that, the Eagles plan to deactivate him for the rest of the season.

Though he's perhaps the best wideout in the NFL, Owens caused far too many distractions with his selfish behavior.

"We gave Terrell every opportunity to avoid this outcome," Reid said.

Owens was suspended Saturday, two days after he said the Eagles showed "a lack of class" for not publicly recognizing his 100th career touchdown catch in a game on Oct. 23. In the same interview with ESPN.com on Thursday, Owens said the Eagles would be better off with Green Bay's Brett Favre at quarterback instead of Donovan McNabb.

Owens also was involved in a fight last week with former Eagles defensive end Hugh Douglas, who remains with the team as its "ambassador." Owens apologized for his comments about the organization in a brief statement Friday, but didn't apologize to McNabb or the team.

"The league has been notified by the players' union that they will be grieving our right to take that action," Reid said, "therefore there is nothing more that I can say at this point."

More ... kind of interesting: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051108/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_eagles_owens_future

hey that's what happens when one is consistently an idiot big mouth.:)

JBean said:
hey that's what happens when one is consistently an idiot big mouth.:)
lol ... I can't believe one would be SO stupid as to insult his teammates like that to the media. That is really bad.

PrayersForMaura said:
lol ... I can't believe one would be SO stupid as to insult his teammates like that to the media. That is really bad.
Ohh it goes alot more then insulting teammates. Hey we had him up here in the Baya area. When he left I was glad. He is nothing but a cancer to any team he is on. And no matter what it is always the QB fault.he also got into a fight in Philly with a retired player and then walked into the Locker room asking who is next.
Yes it hurts my fanasty team but oh well.I am glad the Eagles stood up to a player with a problem. And hoping more will to Prima Donna players. maybe the will realize it is a TEAM sport.

JDB said:
Ohh it goes alot more then insulting teammates. Hey we had him up here in the Baya area. When he left I was glad. He is nothing but a cancer to any team he is on. And no matter what it is always the QB fault.he also got into a fight in Philly with a retired player and then walked into the Locker room asking who is next.
Yes it hurts my fanasty team but oh well.I am glad the Eagles stood up to a player with a problem. And hoping more will to Prima Donna players. maybe the will realize it is a TEAM sport.
It was the talk of the Sports Zoo on KOA (Denver) yesterday afternoon and again on the morning news. I listen there as I drive home and in to work. Someone said he had problems in California and at Tampa also. What was his problem out there, I wasn't able to get the details?

JDB said:
Yeah, it is nice to see that a player is finally not going to get his way.
It's terrible when athletes or any famous peopel or anyone in general can think that they can shoot their mouth off because they have clout or talent and shoot someone else down because they think their poo don't stink.

On the radio here this morning, the one sports announcer asked:
Who had a bigger fall from grace this year?
Terrell Owens
Rafael Palmeiro
Mark McGwire

BarnGoddess said:
It was the talk of the Sports Zoo on KOA (Denver) yesterday afternoon and again on the morning news. I listen there as I drive home and in to work. Someone said he had problems in California and at Tampa also. What was his problem out there, I wasn't able to get the details?
Well out here. He was always in Garcia QB face. And also chewed out the Cordinator on tv.Once he left here he was saying all over the place that Jeff Garcia was gay. He also had been in at least two fights that I have heard about.What I can not figure out is here he is about 21-215. But getting in fights with lineman that are at least 300. Not to smart. He big problem here was he stunt during the Cowboys game. Running onto the logo at midfield. that started it. Then his famous sharpie stunt in Seattle.

Prayersfor Muara
Raffy for sure.And then TO.

Well, now he has time to film more Right Guard commercials.

:laugh:
Pook said:
Well, now he has time to film more Right Guard commercials.
HAAA HAAA!!!!! LMAO!! That was good!!
I just think he is such an idiot!

JDB said:
Well out here. He was always in Garcia QB face. And also chewed out the Cordinator on tv.Once he left here he was saying all over the place that Jeff Garcia was gay. He also had been in at least two fights that I have heard about.What I can not figure out is here he is about 21-215. But getting in fights with lineman that are at least 300. Not to smart. He big problem here was he stunt during the Cowboys game. Running onto the logo at midfield. that started it. Then his famous sharpie stunt in Seattle.

Prayersfor Muara
Raffy for sure.And then TO.
I agree about Raffy first.
What a jerk trying to call out Tejada when he had nothing to do with it.
That was the demise of the Orioles in my opinion ... well that and lack of pitching :crazy:
I really thought the Orioles had a chance the way they started out so strong ... and the way the Red Sox and Yankees were struggling early on.
Rafael was so selfish. PERIOD, lmao. :D

I say we put T.O., Randy Moss, and MEshawn Johnson in a cage and let 'em duke it out. Although, Moss and Johnson have been relatively "quiet" this season. I wonder if Moss has finally grown up a little. (btw, Moss had only ONE catch Sunday against my Chiefs--but it WAS for a TD) :razz: SCOREBOARD!

JDB said:
he also got into a fight in Philly with a retired player and then walked into the Locker room asking who is next.
And not just a retired player but a player that is adored so much by the team and fans alike that they hired him as the team's ambassador just because they couldn't stand the thought of him not being with the team anymore. Hugh Douglas is part of the heart of the Eagles - he holds a place that TO would never be able to fill.

We Eagles fans are hoping that Andy Reid will stick to his guns. As bad of a reputation as our fans have, even most of us couldn't stand TO from the get-go. Good riddance, punk. Maybe our team can get back to being a "family" now that your show is leaving town. :loser:

Hey, I'm a Marshall grad and I'm regaining some of my respect for Randy Moss. I hope he keeps his nose clean, his mouth shut and plays football. I think he had some growing up to do. Gosh, he can catch a football!!

TO, like Moss, has been given such a talent for football. But they have to make up their minds to either play football or play host to something akin to the Maury Povich show. I hope this suspension will make him realize what the game really means to him.

Hopefully T.O. isn't surprised by what happened. He was thinking that no matter what he did, it was O.K. because he was such a great receiver. Now his agent is telling us that T.O. is too nice of a guy to be sitting on his mind, and is almost begging for T.O. to be allowed to play football--somewhere, anywhere.

Sorry T.O.--even SF, as desperate as they are for a win, don't want you, even for free. Go fish.

JerseyGirl said:
We Eagles fans are hoping that Andy Reid will stick to his guns. As bad of a reputation as our fans have, even most of us couldn't stand TO from the get-go. Good riddance, punk. Maybe our team can get back to being a "family" now that your show is leaving town. :loser:

As a Donovan McNabb fan from CA I'm with you--I think TO's apology is too little, too late. He's a malignancy on the team and they've hopefully permanently removed him.

Maybe, just maybe, he'll finally learn a lesson from all this about seeing beyond himself. I won't hold my breath on that though.

cinsbythesea said:
As a Donovan McNabb fan from CA I'm with you--I think TO's apology is too little, too late. He's a malignancy on the team and they've hopefully permanently removed him.
What was interesting to me was seeing even the nicest, most tolerant and forgiving of players like Brian Dawkins talking about the necessity of getting rid of TO. To me, that says a lot.

cinsbythesea said:
Maybe, just maybe, he'll finally learn a lesson from all this about seeing beyond himself. I won't hold my breath on that though.
I won't either. I think that the only reason he apologized yesterday was because he realized that he had finally pushed Andy Reid too far. But once he realizes that all of his begging isn't getting him his job back, he'll be back to the cocky, indignant guy we all know and hate. (Even yesterday, you could see him smiling while his loser agent, Drew Rosenhaus, was talking about what a great guy he is. Doesn't look like remorse to me.)

I'm just hoping and praying that Andy Reid doesn't back down. Since it was a unanimous team decision, I don't think that he will. I believe that he has more respect than that for his players, (please don't make me eat these words, Andy)! I'm willing to sacrifice a decade's worth of Super Bowl opportunities just to have the heart of our team whole again.

JerseyGirl said:
What was interesting to me was seeing even the nicest, most tolerant and forgiving of players like Brian Dawkins talking about the necessity of getting rid of TO. To me, that says a lot. I won't either. I think that the only reason he apologized yesterday was because he realized that he had finally pushed Andy Reid too far. But once he realizes that all of his begging isn't getting him his job back, he'll be back to the cocky, indignant guy we all know and hate. (Even yesterday, you could see him smiling while his loser agent, Drew Rosenhaus, was talking about what a great guy he is. Doesn't look like remorse to me.)

I thought Donovan showed a lot of class and a lot of restraint in his remarks about TO.

I agree that his little apology yesterday was only because he wants his job back and never thought they'd actually let him go. And if TO does indeed go back to the cocky, arrogant guy we all know - well then we can just watch him crash and burn--cause if a third team picks him up and he pulls this stuff again, won't nobody be wanting him anymore! He's such a :loser:

Union Wants Terrell Owens Re-Instated

"We're not asking them to play him, we can't force them to do that," Gene Upshaw, the NFLPA's executive director, said Wednesday. "But if they're not going to let him come back to practice and do all the other things associated with that, then we want them to cut him, let him become a free agent now."

The union already has appealed the four-game suspension levied on the wide receiver by the Eagles for what coach Andy Reid called "a large number of situations that accumulated over a long period of time."

More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051109/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_union_owens

:furious: that's a bunch of crap in my opinion.
He needs to suffer the consequences for his big mouth and how he's made the team suffer mental and verbal anguish over the past several months --- heck over the last year!!!

Another case of money trying to talk its way out of a problem.
Now TO is in the corner throwing his usual temper tantrum
Well, you can't always get your way, son.
And, yes, your poo does stink just like everyone else's so who do you think you are? :mad:

Man ...

I say they should just cut him after the four games then. Someone's bound to pick him up. All I can say to them is yes, you're getting an amazing football talent and you're gonna' win some games. But be forewarned, the cost is too great. He'll tear down the morale on your team within weeks. He must be the star of the show and the dictator of the rules or you're in for a ton of misery.

I just can't wait to stop hearing his incessant whining on my local news. You can't feed your family off of millions? What do you say to the kid whose parents can only afford to spend $100 on him for Christmas and he chose a TO jersey as his only gift? To the people that juggle their bills to be able to come see ONE GAME at The Linc? TO, you're pathetic. I hope the Eagles do cut you. That way, everyone will be happy. Well, aside from the unfortunate players that you will try to force to play in your shadow on your next team. If the ability to play football was the total package, you'd be at the top of the list. But there's something called nobility, of which you have none. Believe it or not, many of us consider that even more important than athleticism. :eek: To have been given that talent and ruin it with such an awful personality is a dreadful shame. If you could grow up a little and shrink that ego of yours down to a reasonable size, you could be an amazing person.

I am so incredibly sick of the TO drama. I can't wait until our team can finally go back to just playing football. Back to when it used to be fun.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back