716 users online (80 members and 636 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Howard Stern Taken Off The Air After Promoting Move To Sirius

Another "Does anyone really care?" story, but thought I'd post it!

NEW YORK (AP) -- Howard Stern got a one-day suspension Monday after heavily promoting his move to satellite radio.

"We expect him back on Wednesday," said Karen Mateo, a spokeswoman for Infinity Broadcasting, which carries Stern's syndicated show in more than 20 markets.

She wouldn't call Stern's absence a suspension and declined to comment further. Listeners will hear a compilation of Stern's best shows on Tuesday, she said.

But Stern's spokesman Matt Traub confirmed the shock jock had been suspended, adding: "This is an act of desperation by men who are losing their once-in-a-lifetime franchise."

The action was first reported on the Howard 100 channel carried by Sirius Satellite Radio, where Stern is moving his show next year. The channel said Stern was suspended for talking too much about his impending move to satellite.

More: http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_articl...?storyid=87434

Sirius paid $500 mil for Stern. Why? They could get any teenage boy on the street to tell fart jokes and talk vulgar for the price of a Mountain Dew. I can't believe that many people really tune in to Howard Stern.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabel
    They could get any teenage boy on the street to tell fart jokes and talk vulgar for the price of a Mountain Dew.
    That was priceless. And so true!

I have never understood the fascination with Stern either. I think he's an azz.

Sirius paid $500 mil for Stern. Why? They could get any teenage boy on the street to tell fart jokes and talk vulgar for the price of a Mountain Dew. I can't believe that many people really tune in to Howard Stern.
    LOL ... my boyfriend would be the perfect candidate and he's in his 30s

My boyfriend isn't vulgar though. Plus he's funnier and much much cuter.

He's a filthy man, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules

That was priceless. And so true!

I have never understood the fascination with Stern either. I think he's an azz.
    I've never understood either. He's a disgusting.

I guess only men like him because he's totally degrading towards women IMO.

Have any of you ever seen his g/f? She's very cute and seems to be so sweet. Why she is with him baffles me, she could have anyone. She's not fake looking, like Pam Anderson. I hope for her sake that Howard is totally different at home, which is what I've heard.

But still.

I just looked at a pamphlet for Sirius yesterday that I picked up at the mall. I was curious about it since it was offered as a deluxe audio option that I didn't pursue in my new Xterra. Howard Stern and Martha Stewart are not enough to make me want to pay $12.95/month for it.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by shopper
    I guess only men like him because he's totally degrading towards women IMO.

Have any of you ever seen his g/f? She's very cute and seems to be so sweet. Why she is with him baffles me, she could have anyone. She's not fake looking, like Pam Anderson. I hope for her sake that Howard is totally different at home, which is what I've heard.

But still.
    There's 500 million reasons she's with him. If I had that many reasons, I could put up with him too.

IMO- he is foul.

isnt it amazing how the fcc fines howard thousands.and oprah can say the same thing or even worse and not get fined?smells like a double standard to me.plus hes a great advocate for free speech.if you dont like him dont listen.........

Quote Originally Posted by PlasmaFiend024
    isnt it amazing how the fcc fines howard thousands.and oprah can say the same thing or even worse and not get fined?smells like a double standard to me.plus hes a great advocate for free speech.if you dont like him dont listen.........
    What on earth are you talking about? I never saw Oprah throwing slices of baloney at naked women's buns to see if it would stick. He's not a great advocate for free speech, he's an advocate for filth.

if you check youre facts howard got fine for talking about a certain subject.that oprah spoke about on her show and she didnt get fined.as for the bolgana at the womens butts those women did that on there own accord no one forced them.they degrade themselves .if you dont like his humor dont listen .just because you dont like him you shouldnt bash those that do.i respect youre veiws so respect mine

Now, hopefully this won't get me thrown off this board, 'cause I've come to love it so!!! lol

But, I have to admit that my husband and I both listen to Howard ... He actually does some AWESOME interviews, and there are a lot of people (celebs, etc.) who will talk to him before anyone else. (I know, I know ... I sound like the guy who says he reads Playboy for the articles, right?) He's had some AMAZING segments with various musicians, where they perform "unplugged", and those are my favorite.

We TIVO his show on TV, as well. A lot of them we choose not to watch, because they can get pretty raunchy. But, a lot of them are absolutely hysterical ... It's all in fun, really. And, it's not like those girls are being forced on there to be degraded -- they go on there willingly. (And, btw, he equally degrades men! lol)

OK, let the bashing begin ... (remember, just my opinion, right?)

If you're talking about the "Salad Tossing," I would agree with you to a point. There's a way to discuss delicate topics and a way not to. Howard didn't get in the line that day to find out the right way to do it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast