740 users online (89 members and 651 guests)  

Websleuths News

IN - Kelsie Bowling, 2 mos, shaken to death, Huntington, 13 Feb 2005

Couple charged in death of infant

HUNTINGTON – With the name of his dead daughter tattooed across his neck, 28-year-old Tristan Bowling and his wife, Jessica, made their initial court appearances Monday morning to be charged in connection with the baby’s death.

The Bowlings had been under investigation since 8-week-old Kelsie Bowling died in February, and both seemed subdued Monday in Huntington Circuit Court after a grand jury indicted the pair last week.

Kelsie Bowling died Feb. 13 of shaken baby syndrome, Chief Deputy Prosecutor Amy Richison has said.

Jessica Bowling, 22, with her hair carefully pulled up, said nothing but simple “yes” and “no” answers to questions from Huntington Circuit Judge Mark McIntosh. When Chief Deputy Prosecutor Amy Richison read the seven-count indictment, Jessica Bowling stared straight ahead toward the witness stand, making little eye contact with Richison or McIntosh, her face seemingly void of emotion.

More: http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/journal...l/13110620.htm

Wonder who she smuggled the marijuana in to?
    I can guess how it was smuggled in!

Jessica Bowling also faces charges of trafficking with an inmate. She is accused of smuggling marijuana into the jail by hiding it in her body.

Kelsie lived 8 weeks. She had just really begun to realize that she was alive, and then her mother killed her. And evidently her father must have allowed it.
    The article doesn't tell how it happened, but I can tell from the way the charges are outlined- the prosecution wants them convicted for the max!
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

...A judge sentenced a man to 50 years in prison for waiting three days before seeking help for his injured 8-week-old daughter, who then died...
    A grand jury in November indicted Bowling and his ex-wife, Jessica Bennett, in the Feb. 13, 2005, death of Kelsie Kay Bowling, who died of shaken baby syndrome...
    Bennett is scheduled to go on trial in August on charges of neglect of a dependent, voluntary manslaughter and battery...
    http://www.theindychannel.com/news/9503680/detail.html

Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura
    Couple charged in death of infant

HUNTINGTON – With the name of his dead daughter tattooed across his neck, 28-year-old Tristan Bowling and his wife, Jessica, made their initial court appearances Monday morning to be charged in connection with the baby’s death.

The Bowlings had been under investigation since 8-week-old Kelsie Bowling died in February, and both seemed subdued Monday in Huntington Circuit Court after a grand jury indicted the pair last week.

Kelsie Bowling died Feb. 13 of shaken baby syndrome, Chief Deputy Prosecutor Amy Richison has said.

Jessica Bowling, 22, with her hair carefully pulled up, said nothing but simple “yes” and “no” answers to questions from Huntington Circuit Judge Mark McIntosh. When Chief Deputy Prosecutor Amy Richison read the seven-count indictment, Jessica Bowling stared straight ahead toward the witness stand, making little eye contact with Richison or McIntosh, her face seemingly void of emotion.

More: http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/journal...l/13110620.htm

After listening to "expert" testimony in the Louise Woodward (AuPair) trial, I have been of the mind that there is too much junk science associated with shaken babies cases. In a trial, unless a State 's expert witness testimony were to be unchallenged (unlikely), I suspect that I would not be convicting anyone.
    It's not what a man knows that makes him a fool, it's what he does know that ain't so. .... Josh Billings

On 9/19/2006, Jessica Bowling was sentenced to 40 years for injury to a child resulting in death. As far as I can tell, she has not appealed this decision.

Tristan Bowling did appeal his 50 year sentence, but was denied any sentence reduction on 3/1/07.
    Last edited by Belinda; 04-18-2010 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Added Tristan info.
    Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Most interesting classic unsolved murder cases

This thread currently has over 350 cases with a brief synopsis of each and we are still adding additional cases.

You can access a spreadsheet that lists the cases in alphabetical order with the page & post number so that you can locate a particular case you may be interested in. It also contains links to any cases that already have a thread on WS.

Many cases do not have a thread. Please feel free to start one in the appropriate forum if you would like to look into one. Should you start a thread on one of these cases, please let me know so that I can add the link to the spreadsheet.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBBcGVid0lmUHc
    =======================================

Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Cold But Not Too Old Murder Case List

This is a listing of newer but still cold cases. As with the above thread we will be adding as we go along. Most of these cases will probably have threads. If you do start a new one, please let me know so I can add the link to the spreadsheets. The spreadsheets may be accessed from the links below.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mlNV2lSQ1dDWHc

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBIaHRnR1g0SEE