CANADA Canada - Joshua Jeffs, 23, Revelstoke, BC, 19 Dec 2013

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/joshua-jeffs-search-1.3797978

A man in Revelstoke, B.C., has been searching six straight months for the remains of a Winnipeg man who vanished in the woods after a police chase three years ago.

Joshua Jeffs, 23, originally from Winnipeg, drove a stolen vehicle up a dead-end logging road south of Revelstoke on Dec. 19, 2013. With police in pursuit, he jumped out of the car and ran into the dense brush and was never heard from again.
Roland Lamarre, 49, has driven his motorcycle about 40 kilometres nearly every day since April to the spot Jeffs was last seen. He combs the brush until sun-down, looking for bones and shreds of the clothing Jeffs was last seen wearing.
"These are missing people that need to be found and brought home to their loved ones, and as far as I know, there's nobody else out there that does what I do," Lamarre said during a call from the only payphone in Revelstoke.
​Revelstoke RCMP and search and rescue crews did extensive ground and air searches for Jeffs the first four days after he went missing, as well as several times since. But even after the snow had melted the following spring, they found no trace of him.

Joshua Jeffs
attachment.php

Attachments

• charlene-ehlert.jpg
    charlene-ehlert.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 10
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...shua-jeffs-woods-revelstoke-the-pas-1.3572826
[h=1]Manitoba woman hitchhikes to Revelstoke, B.C. to search for son in woods[/h]
Ehlert believes her son succumbed to the elements. He was wearing a T-shirt at the time.

"The creek is partly flowing, in December even, and he ran through it," she said.
Ehlert has hitchhiked to Revelstoke twice before — first in May 2014 — to help the city's search and rescue team look for Jeffs.
Upon arriving, Ehlert learned the team was not ready to conduct the search, she says. She hitchhiked back to Manitoba and waited to hear from search and rescue.
In June, she says she was told the search was on, and again, she hitchhiked there to participate. Nothing was found.
Days later, she read in online media reports that there would be no more searches for her son.
As time went on, it only became more difficult for Ehlert to accept her son's disappearance, she says.
"Once the snow starts going, it really hits me," she said.
"I realize he's out there and no one's going to find him. No one's even looking for him."
Now, she goes alone, determined to find his remains.
On Wednesday, she left The Pas on foot, walking several miles before someone picked her up and drove her to Calgary, Alta.
After much more walking and a number of rides, she arrived in Revelstoke on Friday, her feet covered in blisters.
While she says some people have offered to help her search where Jeffs was last seen, no one has joined her to look for him yet.
"I need some kind of closure," Ehlert said.
She says she is aware that animals may have dispersed his remains, but she's desperate to find something — anything — that will show her what happened to her son.
"I realize people die every day. It's just a little bit different when your kid is missing," she said. "He's not resting anywhere."

http://www.revelstokecurrent.com/20...-finding-her-son-missing-since-december-2013/
Jeffs was described as being 5’11” in height and 160 lbs with brown hair and eyes, and several tattoos on his arms.

“If you are a parent you will understand my family’s need to locate my son’s remains,” Charlene Ehlert said in a Facebook message to The Revelstoke Current. “I do understand some people look down on son because he decided to run into the bushes when the police were in pursuit of him. But he is still my child, I never loved him less for the wrong choices he has made. Just as I’m sure you wouldn’t if your child made those choices, as well.”
rbbm

DEC 19, 2022
[...]

Despite extensive and exhaustive searches by both RCMP and search and rescue members over the past nine years, Joshua Jeffs has not been located and remains missing, according to a RCMP media release issued today, Dec. 19.

[...]

On Dec. 19, 2013, a vehicle involved in an earlier police investigation was located unoccupied at the entrance to popular outdoor recreation area known as 12 Mile, south of Revelstoke, near the Akolkolex Forest Service Road.

When police investigated further they were unable to locate Jeffs.

“Officers located a female passenger near the vehicle who was confirmed to have been in the crash but Joshua Jeffs was never found,” Sgt. Dodds said in the release.

“It's believed that Jeffs left the scene prior to police arrival and an intensive search was immediately launched by ground and by air. Unfortunately, Jeffs was not located.”

2022-12-19
File # 2013-4099
1671505214030.png

1671505185919.png

It has been nine years since Charlene Ehlert last spoke with her son Joshua Jeffs. After so many years, she still seeks closure to his disappearance.

On December 19, 2013 a vehicle involved in an earlier police investigation was located un-occupied at the entrance to a popular outdoor recreation area know as 12 Mile, south of Revelstoke near the Akolkolex Forest Service Road. Upon further investigation, police were unable to locate the driver.

Officers located a female passenger near the vehicle who was confirmed to have been in the crash but Joshua Jeffs was never found said Revelstoke RCMP Detachment Commander Sergeant Chris Dodds It is believed that Joshua left the scene prior to police arrival and an intensive search was immediately launched by ground and by air. Unfortunately, Joshua was not located.

Despite extensive and exhaustive searches by both the RCMP and Search and Rescue over the past nine years, Joshua Jeffs has not been located, and remains missing.

missing man Joshua jeffs black and white wearing toque

In recent contact with Sgt. Dodds, Ehlert stated My son Joshua has been missing for nine years. How do I summarize nine years of not knowing anything? Nine years is too long for any parent to go not knowing where or what happened to their child, as it is impossible to properly grieve with no closure. I am begging for any information about my son Joshua Jeffs. Every missing person matters.

Anyone with information on the disappearance of Joshua Jeffs is requested to contact the Revelstoke RCMP at 250-837-5255 or Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back