1523 users online (244 members and 1279 guests)  

Websleuths News

Post Cat Jumps From 70-Foot Bridge, Swims To Safety

Humane Society Looking For Owner

POSTED: 9:42 am PST November 8, 2005

WENATCHEE, Wash. -- One plucky cat is waiting to go home. But no one knows where home is.

The cat is resting up at an animal shelter in Washington state after leaping from a pickup, scampering through traffic, plunging 70 feet into the chilly Columbia River and swimming 600 feet to shore.

Witnesses said the cat came off a pickup truck that was driving across a bridge. It managed to dash through traffic, and humane officials found it cowering in the center of the bridge. Before they could catch it, it leaped over the railing.

They watched the kitty hit the water below, go under, surface, then swim like mad. A man in a kayak helped guide it to shore.http://www.ktvu.com/family/5279080/detail.html
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Wow... way to go kitty! you deserve a loving home and no more adventures

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    Wow... way to go kitty! you deserve a loving home and no more adventures
    What a great story. He/She used all 9 lives, or at least most of them, on that one trip.

AWWWW!! hope this kitty finds a good home...or its owners back...can't imagine transporting a cat in the back of a pickup, but maybe it was used to it and got spooked somehow....
    I GoodSearch for American Cave Conservation Association. Raise money for your favorite charity or school just by searching the Internet with GoodSearch - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!
    http://www.goodsearch.com/?charityid=908162

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMyst
    AWWWW!! hope this kitty finds a good home...or its owners back...can't imagine transporting a cat in the back of a pickup, but maybe it was used to it and got spooked somehow....
    Okay can you or anyone explain to me why any creature would be possessed to jump 70 feet off a bridge except for suicide??? I'll bet it swam like mad, water does tend to make cats mad.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK
    Okay can you or anyone explain to me why any creature would be possessed to jump 70 feet off a bridge except for suicide??? I'll bet it swam like mad, water does tend to make cats mad.
    LOL no I can't...some cats DO like water...and some cats are real finicky....they ARE cats! Animals do crazy things when they get spooked.. I just hope it wasn't abused.
    I GoodSearch for American Cave Conservation Association. Raise money for your favorite charity or school just by searching the Internet with GoodSearch - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!
    http://www.goodsearch.com/?charityid=908162

Where is Poco's cat? Was it out on a binge again?

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK
    I wonder if it was a Turkish Van, they are water cats. They swim naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by lostfaith
    Where is Poco's cat? Was it out on a binge again?

Too cute!!

Is there a pic of this cat, if so can someone post a link.

I would love to see what this cat look like, what a "daredevil", my goodness, I hope he gets adopted........

I have a question, I wonder why this cat was so "anxious" to get away from whomever had him in that truck, it is quite an "extrodinary" feat to do what he did and to "risk" his life like that, after all I don't think "most" cats would go to that length to get away.....

Just the thought of what this cat did, if a human tried that, makes me dizzy......the human would not fair as well at all after the 70ft jump......

Maybe the cat was snooping around in the back of the truck when the driver took off unexpectedly. The driver may not even be the owner of the cat. I can imagine a cat caught in such a predicament cowering in the bed of the truck for a while and then making an escape. Unfortunately for this one it ended up in the middle of traffic on a bridge. Poor thing!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberLaw
    Is there a pic of this cat, if so can someone post a link.

Super Cat!

Thanks Casshew, I love the pic.

This cat looks like he can definately take care of himself, which we all know, he has.......and then some........