Found Deceased GA - Tosha Herron, 36, Lavonia, 6 Oct 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Missing Pieces Network
14589935_1588041538168685_445695784266328718_o.png.jpg

https://​

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

UPDATE (10/16/16) We have reason to believe she was picked up and taken to the Gainesville, GA area. Please share this with anyone in that area.

UPDATE (10/15/16) Police are doing a thorough search of the mountain today with dogs. The search was concluded and Tosha was not found on the mountain or in the woods.
https://www.facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork/posts/1588041538168685:0

"One still missing is one too many."
Facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork

Search underway for missing Gwinnett County woman
Lumpkin County Sheriff's Capt. Marcus Sewell confirmed Herron's vehicle was located in a ravine on Highway 129 North on October 12 at 10:40 p.m. and had been in an accident.
"The investigators came out there, they searched for her in the middle of the night, they were there until about 4:30 in the morning looking for her," said Herron's sister, Stacie Nelson on the Afternoon News Wrap.
"They could find where she crawled out of the vehicle, so she survived the accident, and there wasn't a whole lot of blood and things in the vehicle."
http://accesswdun.com/article/2016/10/459380/search-underway-for-missing-gwinnett-county-woman

Seems like they need to check all the area hospitals. Maybe a good Samaritan stopped and took her to the hospital? How far could a woman who had just been in a serious accident like that crawl/walk?

People have been known to do some crazy things when they are in shock...like walking for miles. I'm glad they think she survived the accident and there wasn't lots of blood or anything scary like that. I really think that someone took her in, with the best intentions hopefully.

I hope they processed the car with the assumption she might not have driven the car there herself. So much can be lost from bad assumptions.

I hope they processed the car with the assumption she might not have driven the car there herself. So much can be lost from bad assumptions.

That's a good thought, but IMO it's not very suspicious that she was in a wreck. The first post mentions she may have had a seizure. She was driving in a mountainous area.

Her phone last pinged in Lavonia, GA
She called her friend to say she was lost around Toccoa, GA
Her car was found near Blood Mountain in Lumpkin County, off 129 North
She was headed to Blue Rdige, GA

Take a look at a rough map of the locations here to get an idea of the terrain: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Lav...5aa3712b310!2m2!1d-84.324087!2d34.8639719!3e0

Sadly, the area looks difficult to search.

I am afraid she may be close to the wreck, but not seen. I recall a few cases where they missed an accident victim and they were found much later within 500 feet of crash. Hoping today us the day they find her. That was a bad wreck. Even though she crawled out, she may have massive internal bleeding. My dad walked away from a head on collision with a scratch on his forehead. Wound up in ICU hours later in critical condition and has a throat to groin incision where they opened him to try and stop the bleeding. My prayers are with her family.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Just from what I can see on her Facebook page without being a friend of hers, she was extremely busy posting and sharing pictures of herself all night long on the night before she went missing (i.e., the early morning hours of October 7). She was also reposting Memes about being strong and losing someone you love. Makes me wonder if she was going through something, like a break up.

Great map, Gardener1850! So, I'm confused about what prompts a cell phone to ping. Looking at the map, if she had phoned her friend in Toccoa, why would the last ping be the opposite direction of where her car was found? Shouldn't it have been in Toccoa or closer to Blood Mountain? I can't imagine making the drive without some kind of GPS (Waze, etc.) especially if I were driving alone and knew it was going to take me a couple hours to get where I was going. She was well out of her way, leaving her parents home in Buford. I also don't understand all the sharing of the photos the night before she left. JMO, but where did she share them? Does anyone else think there are eerie similarities to the Heather McDonald case?

That's a good thought, but IMO it's not very suspicious that she was in a wreck. The first post mentions she may have had a seizure. She was driving in a mountainous area.

Her phone last pinged in Lavonia, GA
She called her friend to say she was lost around Toccoa, GA
Her car was found near Blood Mountain in Lumpkin County, off 129 North
She was headed to Blue Rdige, GA

Take a look at a rough map of the locations here to get an idea of the terrain: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Lav...5aa3712b310!2m2!1d-84.324087!2d34.8639719!3e0

Sadly, the area looks difficult to search.

Great map, Gardener1850! So, I'm confused about what prompts a cell phone to ping. Looking at the map, if she had phoned her friend in Toccoa, why would the last ping be the opposite direction of where her car was found? Shouldn't it have been in Toccoa or closer to Blood Mountain? I can't imagine making the drive without some kind of GPS (Waze, etc.) especially if I were driving alone and knew it was going to take me a couple hours to get where I was going. She was well out of her way, leaving her parents home in Buford. I also don't understand all the sharing of the photos the night before she left. JMO, but where did she share them? Does anyone else think there are eerie similarities to the Heather McDonald case?

I'm guessing she may not have actually been in Toccoa when she called to say she was lost near Toccoa. Maybe she just saw the sign for Toccoa but she was still closer to the Lavonia area or maybe Lavonia is the location of the nearest cell phone tower. In the mountains there are not a lot of cell towers and service can drop off or bounce off the mountains. There may not have been any signal where her car was found. GPS also does not always work in the mountains. Not all models can sense elevation and it can be very dangerous to depend on GPS--they may tell you to turn onto a road that is 30 feet below the road you are on or have you taking a dirt road along a cliff that is supposed to be a shorter route but is more precarious. I don't trust GPS in the mountains. Always have written directions to where you are going and a map and compass if possible.
I'm not familiar with this specific area/these specific mountains, however, so you would have to ask a local how good phone and GPS signals are.

What similarities do you see between Tosha and Heather McDonald? Tosha's case seems like a straight forward Motor vehicle accident to me. We just don't know if she tried to walk out and got lost or if a good Samaritan picked her up. This is a case a SAR org should be called in to search a larger grid around the car. JMO.

What really concerns me with this one is the constant selfie postings that late night/early morning.
Possible she could have been moving photos from one album to a next and each time they posted to fb.

ETA didn't see where they said the burning of the car was the result of the accident. I could have missed it.

Sent from my SM-G930V

What really concerns me with this one is the constant selfie postings that late night/early morning.
Possible she could have been moving photos from one album to a next and each time they posted to fb.

ETA didn't see where they said the burning of the car was the result of the accident. I could have missed it.

Sent from my SM-G930V

You're right it is like she couldn't decide what profile picture to use on fb. It looks like she is wearing different outfits so I don't think she took all those selfies that day.

Oh, I need to look more into the car. I guess I'm naive in just thinking this was a car accident. Good question on if the fire was from the accident or not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back