953 users online (164 members and 789 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 100 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #6

The young woman in this case apparently met the man whose apartment she fell from on Tinder. Police are calling the death suspicious and the investigation is continuing.

Police have positively identified a woman who died after she fell from a Surfers Paradise high-rise apartment building.

The woman has been identified as 26-year-old Warriena Tagpuno Wright from Lower Hutt, New Zealand.

Around 2.20am on Friday officers were called to the Wahroonga Place building after receiving reports that a woman had fallen from a balcony.

Police have confirmed the death is being treated as suspicious.

......The 28-year-old man who is the sole occupant of the apartment, Gable Tostee, was assisting police with inquiries on Friday afternoon. He was not formally arrested and no charges have been laid.

Tagpuno Wright was reportedly visiting Tostee after meeting him through an online dating app, believed to be Tinder, the Courier Mail reported.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/austral...e-balcony-fall

Gable Tostee, man at centre of investigations into Surfers Paradise highrise death plunge of Warriena Wright, charged with murder

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...-1227025428311

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Media/Timeline Thread

Gable Tostee murder trial: Jury hears last chilling moments of Warriena Wright’s life
    Kim Stephens, news.com.au
    October 11, 2016

THEY could have been any happy young couple on a Tinder date.

Six selfies tendered to the Brisbane Supreme Court on Tuesday showed a smiling Warriena Wright and a shirtless Gable Tostee inside his Gold Coast apartment and gave no hint of the tragic events that were about to unfold in the early hours of August 8, 2014.
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 10-11-2016 at 07:54 AM.

Admin note:

Please continue here and discuss the case. Not each other.

Rules Etiquette & Information

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper77 View Post
    Well I hope the mongrel that is Tostee or Eric Thomas or whatever he next changes his name to goes down for a very long time. He can dress differently, dramatically change his appearance by piling on weight, appear remorseful and plead all he likes but I hope the judge throws the book at him and looks back on all the other peculiarities when making their decision.

I worked in the same building as Rrie - she worked at Kiwibank in Wellington - and I knew her in passing. I didn't get to know her as a person, unfortunately, but she seemed like a lovely person - a real 'life of the party' sort with no bad bones in her body. I used to see her in the lift quite a bit; she'd always greet me with a big smile and I would reciprocate; we'd chat about the weather and make small talk - she seemed like such a ray of sunshine. I feel very sad for her family and friends having to listen to what happened that night.
    This must be very, very difficult for Warriena's family and friends. There are reports that her mother had to leave the courtroom at one point. But they are there to show their love and support for their girl, and I hope that the outcome of the trial can offer them some small solace.

Thanks for sharing.
    Things are not what they appear to be. Nor are they otherwise.
    - Surangama Sutra

Quote Originally Posted by Makara View Post
    Totally agree Strangeworld. Irrespective of the antagonists, Tostee is going to jail. Whether that be for murder or manslaughter the POS is going to jail. And I bet not one of his 'supporters' will pay him a visit.
    Exactly! The evidence is already speaking for itself. Thank you so much Makara and everyone for the updates today. I'm just catching up on all the posts

Quote Originally Posted by Makara View Post
    Irrespective of the antagonists, Tostee is going to jail. Whether that be for murder or manslaughter the POS is going to jail..
    <modsnip>

I can assure you with 100% accuracy, unless the Crown finally coughs up some hard evidence to show he caused her death, he is walking. I know it, Saul Holt knows it, so does every legal eagle in Qld. Its a forgone conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangeworld View Post
    Exactly! The evidence is already speaking for itself.
    Really? What evidence is speaking a conviction?
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 10-11-2016 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Personalizing

A criminologist has predicted Gable Tostee could be aquitted after a jury rejected a similar argument in a separate case this week

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...ef85bdf923a8c1

<modsnip>
    I never tried to knock Warriena.... she's dead, how much worse can it get.
    And the tapes, though I've heard them many times, are awful.
    No-one seems to cut some slack that these were 2 people who should have called it a night hours earlier. They met for a good time, maybe they did for a while...
    Then it dragged on, they both got a bit too boozed up.
    They didn't know one another,,, so when it went wrong, it really went wrong.
    If GT had been in a house, he would have slung her out the front door... and maybe relented later and caller her a taxi home and thrown her shoes after her.
    The choice he made in pushing her onto the balcony, or maybe locking her out after she ran there, was very very bad, but how did he know she would try to get over the balcony?
    I guess, he thought she would calm down a little and he could get her home after. Bad judgment.
    W was so off her head, sadly her inebriation went to aggression. She thought she was in control, she was just plain ugly drunk.
    Her terror is obvious but I think a reasonable or less drunk person might not have reacted the same way.
    We'll have to see how the trial goes of course, I'm afraid GT is still a bit delusional about how it will turn out.
    His behaviour in putting her on the balcony, IMO, was reckless endangerment at the least. Given her hysteria at that point, maybe more.
    She, on the other hand, had a measure of responsibility and there I know the pack will come down on me.
    It's like the "but for" test... and proximate cause....
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proximate_cause
    All the ways that night "MIGHT" have ended, but sadly didn't.
    It's a terrible passing for a lovely young lady, but for....
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 10-11-2016 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Discussing other members

I have been thinking about his decision to lock Warriena on the balcony. What made that a better option in his mind, considering he had already told her she was to leave, instead of directing her to the main door so she could leave the premises? Based on what is known so far and how he has presented himself, IMO it was to generate fear in her, to assert his power over her and to remind her that he was the one in control. If he was really feeling threatened, why would he choose a confined space that meant Warriena was still on the premises, over seeing her out the door for good? He was recording the events - IMO he wanted to show just how intimidation works, male vs female, for entertainment value.

Please don't ask me for evidence on this, I have CLEARLY stated that this is IMO, based on what evidence is already available

I followed this a while ago. Came back to the thread(S) when I saw the trial had started.

So far in my "catch-up", I still have the same questions I had back at the start:

Why didn't he just put her out the front door instead of locking/putting her on the balcony when things went bad?

Why didn't he just call 000 immediately she fell rather than running away & calling dad? [Speculation: if he HAD done this to report an accident, the recording MIGHT never have come to light]. And/or - if he was too in shock/drunk to think clearly, why didn't he call dad from his apartment?

AND THE BIGGIE: Why the heck WAS he recording???
    Hooks up!

Quote Originally Posted by Sjm_qc View Post
    I followed this a while ago. Came back to the thread(S) when I saw the trial had started.

So far in my "catch-up", I still have the same questions I had back at the start:

Why didn't he just put her out the front door instead of locking/putting her on the balcony when things went bad?

Why didn't he just call 000 immediately she fell rather than running away & calling dad? [Speculation: if he HAD done this to report an accident, the recording MIGHT never have come to light]. And/or - if he was too in shock/drunk to think clearly, why didn't he call dad from his apartment?

AND THE BIGGIE: Why the heck WAS he recording???
    Welcome back. Your questions are all VERY good. I confess to being utterly baffled by his actions. Does anyone have any insight at all?

WARRIENA Wright’s hysterical screams of “no” rang out 33 times in 75 seconds before she plunged to her death from Gable Tostee’s Surfers Paradise high-rise unit.

Court played audio of Warriena Wright’s desolate cry
    Greg Stolz, Melanie Petrinec, The Courier-Mail

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...3cb53e6bdf668a

It is day 2 of a possible 2 week trial.

This is my opinion only but I cant wait to see what other evidence is bought up during this case, and I do think there maybe quite a bit more MSM and others know nothing about.

Findings by forensics, perhaps toxicology/ item/s removed from the unit and disposed of after the balcony attempted escape/ fall, timelines, voice and breathing analysis, autopsy (signs of struggle/cyanosis) and other info we are not privy too.

Sad, terrible end to a life. Praying for justice and for Warriena's family.
    Disclaimer- Strictly All MOO- other than where referenced

I forgot to add huge thanks to those who are providing the trial updates from Twitter & MSM.
    Last edited by Sjm_qc; 10-11-2016 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Spelling, urgh
    Hooks up!

Quote Originally Posted by John Dillinger View Post
    A criminologist has predicted Gable Tostee could be aquitted after a jury rejected a similar argument in a separate case this week

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...ef85bdf923a8c1
    Thank you for that link.

Whatever my personal thoughts//speculation about what happened that night between Tostee & Warriena, I can see - given the trial reports so far - that he could/might well be acquitted of the murder charge.

The questions I already posted still stand.
    Hooks up!

Page 1 of 100 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast