1014 users online (171 members and 843 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #4 *Arrests*

Florida State University professor Dan Markel was found in his Tallahassee, Florida, home on Friday. Police say there were no signs of robbery or burglary and have yet to disclose any motive.

According to Tallahassee police, officers found Markel after a neighbor called 911 at about 11 a.m. with reports of a "loud bang."

Markel, 41, was rushed to a local hospital, where he died the following day.
    "While we cannot release specific information or details regarding this case, the Violent Crimes Unit is releasing that Mr. Markel's cause of death was a fatal gunshot wound to the head," Tallahassee Police Chief Michael DeLeo said in a statement.

By Monday, police had categorized the case as a homicide, and according to Tallahassee Police Department spokesman David Northway, Markel was the intended target.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/22/justice/fsu-professor-killing-mystery/

Probable Cause documents
    Leon County Court Motions (dissolution of marriage)
    Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3

Last edited by KayElJay; 10-11-2016 at 11:25 PM.

Recent news videos.
    http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/New-...395541631.html

Katie Magbanua was nervous as a cat as she waited for the judge in her video first appearance
    Magbanua was arrested when getaway driver Luis Rivera started talking.

“Katie is the one in the middle doing everything. Put it like that,” Rivera told detectives.

I have a feeling that Charlie will be arrested before this thread is finished.

-Fingers Crossed Emoji-
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

I have been following this case since the murder in July 2014. I always thought WA was the only person who had anything/everything to gain by DM's murder. I thought that if her family did order this execution style murder, they would have been too careful to allow this to be traced back to them. Instead, it appear CA hired coked-up hit men who are related to him by 1 degree of separation via a greedy girlfriend who was paid by an obvious money trail by DA via the dental office which phone records suggest KM visited once. After all of these months of speculation, it is fascinating to hear the actual details of the murder from LR. For instance, I wondered why would a rental car break down requiring they purchase parts and fix it themselves - usually they have 5K miles on them etc.
    Turns out SG in his coke/liquor induced haze shot through the floorboard. I wonder if they can track down that bullet, from either the car or the ground and match it to the one used in the crime. I also found it amusing to hear that SG thinks he looks like CA, something I noted when the pictures of all the players was originally posted.
    It will be very interesting to see if KM will name WA and HA as coconspirators - I believe that CA and DA will definitely be implicated
    Last edited by MissyS; 10-12-2016 at 08:53 AM.

I wonder if some of the conspirators were following a police radio scanner in order to find out so quickly?
    Doubt it. Based on the evidence we've seen so far, they weren't exactly using technology to their benefit. More likely, I think WA contacted Charlie when she saw the roads were closed.

Quote Originally Posted by MissyS View Post
    I have been following this case since the murder in July 2014. I always thought WA was the only person who had anything/everything to gain by DM's murder. I thought that if her family did order this execution style murder, they would have been too careful to allow this to be traced back to them. Instead, it appear CA hired coked-up hit men who are related to him by 1 degree of separation via a greedy girlfriend who was paid by an obvious money trail by DA via the dental office which phone records suggest KM visited once. After all of these months of speculation, it is fascinating to hear the actual details of the murder from LR. For instance, I wondered why would a rental car break down requiring they purchase parts and fix it themselves - usually they have 5K miles on them etc.
    Turns out SG in his coke/liquor induced haze shot through the floorboard. I wonder if they can track down that bullet, from either the car or the ground and match it to the one used in the crime. I also found it amusing to hear that SG thinks he looks like CA, something I noted when the pictures of all the players was originally posted.
    It will be very interesting to see if KM will name WA and HA as coconspirators - I believe that CA and DA will definitely be implicated
    Welcome to Ws Missy S, thanks for bringing attention to the humorous elements in this tragedy !

Quote Originally Posted by MissyS View Post
    BBM. In order for them to be implicated, I think it will have to come from KM. We know CA and DA will not flip on the princess, so it will have to be KM. Hopefully she has enough info. I am doubtful about HA since so far all we've heard about is one phone call (from KM?) to his phone, and him being in that far off private conversation on surveillance.

Welcome to WS, Missy .

Quote Originally Posted by TTF14 View Post
    We know CA and DA will not flip on the princess, so it will have to be KM.
    I think there is a chance, albeit small, that Charlie will flip on WA. Recall how quickly she threw him under the bus in her police interview? That may still be lingering in his mind. When the death penalty is looming, his allegiance to his sister might just falter.

Edited to add that hopefully Katherine will have the necessary info and it won't be necessary.

Do you think HA was supplying the money?

Somewhere on here I read that DA, CA, and WA would split the $100,000 payment. Would DA actually have that much money of her own or would it be coming out of a joint account with Hubby? Would this not tie HA into the murder in some charge?

Quote Originally Posted by 86Violet View Post
    I think there is a chance, albeit small, that Charlie will flip on WA. Recall how quickly she threw him under the bus in her police interview? That may still be lingering in his mind. When the death penalty is looming, his allegiance to his sister might just falter.
    Another possibility is that with pressure building, including possible links to WA, the mother might strike a deal in which she testifies and takes all the blame, exonerating WA.

Quote Originally Posted by sheldonvan View Post
    Another possibility is that with pressure building, including possible links to WA, the mother might strike a deal in which she testifies and takes all the blame, exonerating WA.
    Why would the prosecution go for that?

Quote Originally Posted by 86Violet View Post

Edited to add that hopefully Katherine will have the necessary info and it won't be necessary.
    This could go two ways as I see it. I think CA has always done what DA wanted and this murder was just doing what Mommy said. OR

It might be that his allegiance to MOMMY will cease and he will realize all the years that the Princess has been catered to is bull crap!

Quote Originally Posted by sheldonvan View Post
    Considering that HA had been ill, wondered if he would at least try and fall on the sword to benefit everyone.
    Assuming he is the one with very deep pockets, that certainly would be a win, windi for the family.
    speculation, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    Considering that HA had been ill, wondered if he would at least try and fall on the sword to benefit everyone.
    Assuming he is the one with very deep pockets, that certainly would be a win, windi for the family.
    speculation, imo.
    The evidence is clearly stacked against that, though. Even if he copped to all of it, KM's testimony would refute it.

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast