1294 users online (235 members and 1059 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83
Results 1,231 to 1,243 of 1243
    JudyBolton is offline In memory: My dear friend Martha Mickel, kidnapped & murdered by Curtis Tyner.
    Quote Originally Posted by momoftwocrazies View Post
    Totally agree, he's guilty of neglect but I don't think they're proving intent. I don't think it's even close. I don't know if this was on purpose, I don't think we can know from what I've heard. Unless there's a bomb shell that is new, he walks IMO.
    Do you mean walks away from the charge of intent or do you mean walks out of court - absolved of everything? (If the second, I do not agree.)
    Judy ( posting only my opinion)

Quote Originally Posted by DaleTray View Post
    Not only are some of these work habits/patterns attributed to IT workers, but many of the younger workers in general. It has grown to be common management practices now when managing younger workers. They want you to tell them what you need and when you need it...then leave them alone. It's quite common to not work 9-5. Maybe arrive late, maybe work late, maybe work some at home at night when it's convenient. Maybe see a 2 hr movie during the day as you prefer to work 2 hours late that night. If forced to conform to strict 9-5 many will find a new employer
    Yes, but even then, you need to show your work product to be able to have that much freedom. I am wondering how much actual work RH was getting done.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by DaleTray View Post
    But Ross was already having his cake and eating it too. He had no woman on the side asking him to leave his wife. I dont think he even had a perspective relationship in the works. He was paying for it. I think RH has some struggles. Had RH had something stable on the side, maybe he would have considered divorce, but testimony doesn't speak to that.

Ross was planning a 2 family cruise with his brother, had been checking out family houses to buy and thinking ahead about schools for Cooper, etc. etc. for the future.

He had not expressed any negative thoughts or emotions about Cooper, had not exhibited any anger or resentment towards him, had not withdrawn from him, had not neglected him or abused him, and still raved about him to everyone.

It would seem that no one, including LE, can point to any precipitating event or series of events that would cause RH to decide to kill Cooper, and there is zero evidence that Ross the researcher looked up anything remotely related to doing so.

He'd apparently been unfaithful to Leanna for years. Nothing new there. And he'd crossed the line and began sexting with a minor for over a year, nothing new there. The only external variable that seems to have changed is his being passed over for a promotion and turned down for a job.

And yet, on June 18, 2014 he is supposed to have killed Cooper, in a manner he knew would be excruciatingly painful and awful, and then carried on his day quite unaffected.

Taking a step back from today's testimony, Imo the State did a good job of connecting the dots of RH's "bad character" to suggest a possible motive of "remove Cooper to make his marriage end, " and in driving home the point that even his friends didn't really know RH.

But... there's a big 'ole chasm between feeling trapped in an unhappy marriage and having a covert, not very discriminating, in some portions illegal extramarital sex life, and deciding one day to kill one's son to make one's marriage end.

Too large a chasm, imo, without some kind of evidence of premeditation, something that suggests when and why RH began thinking such a thing.
    Last edited by Hope4More; 10-17-2016 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
    She's always said she thought it was an accident and RH loved Cooper. I don't think the DT would risk calling her if they had the slightest doubt she would testify to both.

I also think she will have more credibility with the jury if she DOES express anger at RH for being responsible, accident or not, for the loss her baby.
    Cynical old me believes this is the reason she divorced him. I see her testifying to both. Along the lines she loves RH, believes wholeheartedly he did not do this by design, but nonetheless responsible for her no longer having her son.

Then there's this, Leanne at Cooper's funeral:

"Am I angry with Ross?" Leanna Harris said at the funeral in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. "Absolutely not. It has never crossed my mind. Ross is and was and will be, if we have more children, a wonderful father. Ross is a wonderful daddy and leader for our household. Cooper meant the world to him."
    What seriously rattles me about LH was her saying, paraphrasing, given the opportunity she wouldn't bring Cooper back to this broken world. Being glad he wouldn't experience bad things like his first heartbreak, middle school, etc. I mean, seriously, what the hell? It was reminiscent of Routiers' bullchit of how happy her children would be 'up there'.
    I don't care how religious you are. It is not natural to want your child to be anywhere other than with you. She raises my hackles.

The danger for RH when she testifies, imo, may lie in how much she knew of his shenanigans before the testimony of the females to date. This is not a stable woman, even before the death of her son.

I am finally listening to this morning's testimony. Detective Stoddard was definitely in court, and he was sitting directly behind the State's legal team. I was not aware of him during the afternoon session.

On a side note, I know that many have asked about the comment from JRH saying that he would be late to the movies. This was mentioned by either Winston or Alex this afternoon, and it was also testified to during the PC hearing. I am 95% sure that this was Alex's testimony. It was testified to during direct, and the conversation was not on the screen. I will try to find this particular question later this evening.

Yes I heard the testimony of the witness stating RH said he would be late. Whoever was on the stand at the time. I can't remember. I thought it was weird that he already knew he would be late if he left work early. JMO

I also don't know where the 4:16 time is coming from r.e. RH leaving work that day. Was that in testimony today or earlier in this trial?

Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
    Ross was planning a 2 family cruise with his brother, had been checking out family houses to buy and thinking ahead about schools for Cooper, etc. etc. for the future.

He had not expressed any negative thoughts or emotions about Cooper, had not exhibited any anger or resentment towards him, had not withdrawn from him, had not neglected him or abused him, and still raved about him to everyone.

It would seem that no one, including LE, can point to any precipitating event or series of events that would cause RH to decide to kill Cooper, and there is zero evidence that Ross the researcher looked up anything remotely related to doing so.

He'd apparently been unfaithful to Leanna for years. Nothing new there. And he'd crossed the line and began sexting with a minor for over a year, nothing new there. The only external variable that seems to have changed is his being passed over for a promotion and turned down for a job.

And yet, on June 18, 2014 he is supposed to have killed Cooper, in a manner he knew would be excruciatingly painful and awful, and then carried on his day quite unaffected.

Taking a step back from today's testimony, Imo the State did a good job of connecting the dots of RH's "bad character" to suggest a possible motive of "remove Cooper to make his marriage end, " and in driving home the point that even his friends didn't really know RH.

But... there's a big 'ole chasm between feeling trapped in an unhappy marriage and having a covert, not very discriminating, in some portions illegal extramarital sex life, and deciding one day to kill one's son to make one's marriage end.

Too large a chasm, imo, without some kind of evidence of premeditation, something that suggests when and why RH began thinking such a thing.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    I also don't know where the 4:16 time is coming from r.e. RH leaving work that day. Was that in testimony today or earlier in this trial?
    It was from Friday morning. There is a time-stamped video of Ross leaving work.

youwsa this thread has gotten long. Sorry My daughter had a school concert tonight and I wasn't around to get you a fresh one going.

Be right back with one. Be prepared to move over to it right away because as soon as I have it ready to roll out this one will close.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotAng View Post
    Cynical old me believes this is the reason she divorced him. I see her testifying to both. Along the lines she loves RH, believes wholeheartedly he did not do this by design, but nonetheless responsible for her no longer having her son.

Then there's this, Leanne at Cooper's funeral:

What seriously rattles me about LH was her saying, paraphrasing, given the opportunity she wouldn't bring Cooper back to this broken world. Being glad he wouldn't experience bad things like his first heartbreak, middle school, etc. I mean, seriously, what the hell? It was reminiscent of Routiers' bullchit of how happy her children would be 'up there'.
    I don't care how religious you are. It is not natural to want your child to be anywhere other than with you. She raises my hackles.

The danger for RH when she testifies, imo, may lie in how much she knew of his shenanigans before the testimony of the females to date. This is not a stable woman, even before the death of her son.

I feel nothing other than empathy and compassion for Leanna, and have felt that way from the very first. I cannot imagine the horror of learning that my precious baby had died from watching the news on a TV in a lobby as I waited while others tried to locate my husband. Nor can I begin to fathom the nightmare of having my husband arrested on the same day as I lost my son, for killing that son, in a way I knew, and knew that he knew, was unimaginably terribly painful in every way imaginable.

IMO, Leanna was still in shock at her baby's funeral. How could she not be? She is also a deeply religious woman, who seems to be trying, at least, to walk the walk of trusting God has reasons for everything, and that hers is not to question His wisdom. In that context, I don't find what she said about Cooper being spared pain by leaving here strange at all, nor her remark that she wouldn't bring him back if she could.

The reason why she wouldn't, she made clear, is that it would be selfish. She would bring him back for herself, yes. She expressed in her victim impact statement the total devastation she feels at Cooper's loss, and that she expects to grieve for him for the rest of her life. But to bring him back just for her, to take him away from where he is perfectly loved, perfectly save, and in a perfect state of joy? Leanna believes that is where Cooper is, and yes, it would be selfish to take that away from him just so HER heart can be whole again.

Was she able to accept that readily and without anger? I doubt it.

Do you know the Amish belief that one is obligated to forgive others, no matter how grievous the harm? Do you remember the massacre of Amish girls at their school by a local non-Amish man who then killed himself? Do you remember that the parents of those young girls attended the funeral of their daughters' killer, and told his mother that they forgave him, forgave her, and came to offer her their support?

One of those parents was interviewed years later and he said (greatly paraphrased): "we're obligated by our faith to forgive, immediately, and I did, immediately, but it's not quite that simple. Forgiving is something I had to get up the next day and do again, and the day after that and some days were easier than others, but it was a long, long struggle, and on some days, still is. But I had no choice but to live through that struggle."

That.
    Last edited by Hope4More; 10-17-2016 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GA_Peach View Post
    I am finally listening to this morning's testimony. Detective Stoddard was definitely in court, and he was sitting directly behind the State's legal team. I was not aware of him during the afternoon session.

On a side note, I know that many have asked about the comment from JRH saying that he would be late to the movies. This was mentioned by either Winston or Alex this afternoon, and it was also testified to during the PC hearing. I am 95% sure that this was Alex's testimony. It was testified to during direct, and the conversation was not on the screen. I will try to find this particular question later this evening.
    LOL I am watching that now. Yes I saw him there too.

Okay kids and kittens, time to move to Thread #2
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83