1294 users online (262 members and 1032 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,022

    OR - Female, 30-45, Umpqua River near Gardiner, 1 Oct 2016

    The Douglas County Sheriff's Office says the unidentified human remains found along the Umpqua River on Oct. 1 belong to a female, likely between the ages of 30 to 45, who died between one and three years ago.

    The preliminary findings were not able to conclude the height, weight or ethnicity of the remains because of the advanced state of decomposition, according to the sheriff's office.

    The remains were found by a fisherman on Oct. 1 who located the bones along the Umpqua River near Gardiner.
    http://www.nrtoday.com/news/human-re...2901287de.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,022
    This is a hard one because of where the remains were found-- they are practically on the coast.

    Tarren Wolsmann fits age-wise. She lived a transient lifestyle camping various places. Last confirmed location was in Medford, OR, about a 3 hour drive from Gardiner.

    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/35476/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,022
    Norma Cavilee is the right age and was last seen in Salem, OR (abt 138 miles drive): https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/32917/

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,022
    Stephanie Warner is the right age. Last seen in Ashland, OR (186 miles/3 hour 41 minutes drive): https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/21345/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    7,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    This is a hard one because of where the remains were found-- they are practically on the coast.

    Tarren Wolsmann fits age-wise. She lived a transient lifestyle camping various places. Last confirmed location was in Medford, OR, about a 3 hour drive from Gardiner.

    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/35476/
    Tarren was arrested and released by Medford Police in December 2015. She is being sought by them and some people say they have recently seen her in the area.

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post12828402

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    Stephanie Warner is the right age. Last seen in Ashland, OR (186 miles/3 hour 41 minutes drive): https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/21345/
    Thank you for thinking of Stephanie, missing 3 years 3 months October 4. It is our fondest wish for her remains to be found so she can be returned to her family and so there can be an arrest and conviction. Her boyfriend and the suspect, Lennie Ames used her car for several hours from late July 4 to early morning July 5, 2013. I don't think there was time for him to make an almost seven hour round trip. Further information is available in the links in my signature.
    Last edited by Lilibet; 10-12-2016 at 10:46 PM.
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON
    MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

    DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilibet View Post
    Tarren was arrested and released by Medford Police in December 2015. She is being sought by them and some people say they have recently seen her in the area.

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post12828402



    Thank you for thinking of Stephanie, missing 3 years 3 months October 4. It is our fondest wish for her remains to be found so she can be returned to her family and so there can be an arrest and conviction. Her boyfriend and the suspect, Lennie Ames used her car for several hours from late July 4 to early morning July 5, 2013. I don't think there was time for him to make an almost seven hour round trip. Further information is available in the links in my signature.
    Thanks for giving more info on Stephanie's case!

    We don't know exact location the remains were found or even if they have an entire skeleton. I'm guessing since they have not estimated height for this one they may only have partial remains. I don't know how far a body could travel in a winding river. Umpqua looks like it is quite long though. Here is a map showing where Gardiner is located and you can see how winding Umpqua is: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ga...!4d-124.110418

    The Umpqua crosses hwy 5 at several points. The northernmost crossing is 108 miles (abt 1 hour 45 Minutes) from Ashland: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/43.2...42.1945758!3e0

    The southernmost crossing of the Umpqua and Hwy 5 is abt 98 miles (abt 1 hour 23 minute drive) from Ashland: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Ashl...945758!1m0!3e0

    While it's not impossible, I think it's a stretch to say she was put in the river and traveled almost to the ocean. Maybe if there was flooding or heavy rains?

    Also, I'm not sure which direction the Umpqua flows, this is all assuming it flows toward the ocean.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    7,197
    According to the article, one of the 47 missing Oregon women in the age range is from Douglas county.

    http://www.nrtoday.com/news/human-re...2901287de.html

    Looking through NAMUS listings for Oregon, I guess we need to go outside the three years because a person could have been missing for several years before dying. I certainly don't see 47 listings in the past three years.

    Renee Zeller, missing since early 2012, left a suicide note and said she may go to the Oregon coast.

    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14468/93

    Last edited by Lilibet; 10-12-2016 at 11:11 PM.
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON
    MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

    DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    7,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    Thanks for giving more info on Stephanie's case!

    We don't know exact location the remains were found or even if they have an entire skeleton. I'm guessing since they have not estimated height for this one they may only have partial remains. I don't know how far a body could travel in a winding river. Umpqua looks like it is quite long though. Here is a map showing where Gardiner is located and you can see how winding Umpqua is: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ga...!4d-124.110418

    The Umpqua crosses hwy 5 at several points. The northernmost crossing is 108 miles (abt 1 hour 45 Minutes) from Ashland: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/43.2...42.1945758!3e0

    The southernmost crossing of the Umpqua and Hwy 5 is abt 98 miles (abt 1 hour 23 minute drive) from Ashland: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Ashl...945758!1m0!3e0

    While it's not impossible, I think it's a stretch to say she was put in the river and traveled almost to the ocean. Maybe if there was flooding or heavy rains?

    Also, I'm not sure which direction the Umpqua flows, this is all assuming it flows toward the ocean.
    I agree about the Umpqua after checking a map and deleted that part of my post while you were writing your post. You'd think that I'd know this, living in Oregon! Wishful thinking, I guess.
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON
    MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

    DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilibet View Post
    According to the article, one of the 47 missing Oregon women in the age range is from Douglas county.

    http://www.nrtoday.com/news/human-re...2901287de.html

    Looking through NAMUS listings for Oregon, I guess we need to go outside the three years because a person could have been missing for several years before dying. I certainly don't see 47 listings in the past three years.

    Renee Zeller, missing since early 2012, left a suicide note and said she may go to the Oregon coast.

    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14468/93

    Renee Zeller looks like a good guess.

    I don't see that many missing that fit the criteria either and criteria is rather broad considering they don't have a race or height/weight.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    7,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    Renee Zeller looks like a good guess.

    I don't see that many missing that fit the criteria either and criteria is rather broad considering they don't have a race or height/weight.
    The other problem is that this could be a woman visiting from another state. I guess we wait for the DNA and dental record results to come back and hope they identify the woman. Based on other cases, I'd say we're looking at many, many months.

    The Oregon State Medical Examiner's Office will continue its investigation in an attempt to identify the remains through DNA and dental records. This process, according to the sheriff's office, is expected to take a significant amount of time.

    http://www.nrtoday.com/news/human-remains-likely-a---year-old-female-says/article_62214df4-9b9c-5544-bc90-36c2901287de.html
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON
    MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

    DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilibet View Post
    The other problem is that this could be a woman visiting from another state. I guess we wait for the DNA and dental record results to come back and hope they identify the woman. Based on other cases, I'd say we're looking at many, many months.

    The Oregon State Medical Examiner's Office will continue its investigation in an attempt to identify the remains through DNA and dental records. This process, according to the sheriff's office, is expected to take a significant amount of time.

    http://www.nrtoday.com/news/human-remains-likely-a---year-old-female-says/article_62214df4-9b9c-5544-bc90-36c2901287de.html
    I agree it could be a long wait for DNA. When I saw how close it was to the ocean I thought someone could have brought her there by boat. She could be from anywhere.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    388

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    848

    OR - Douglas Co., WhtFem UP15871, 35-55, bottle with U of Puget logo, Oct'16

    Namus UP 15871

    https://identifyus.org/en/cases/15871







    Unidentified White Female

    Found October 6, 2016 in Douglas County, OR
    Body Condition:
    Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
    Probable year of death: 2013 to 2016
    Estimated postmortem interval: 1 years

    Vital Statistics
    Estimated age: 35-55
    Approximate Height: cannot estimate.
    Approximate Weight: cannot estimate.
    Hair Color:
    unknown
    Eye Color: Unknown
    Scars and marks:
    unknown


    Clothing & Accessories

    Clothing:
    nothing
    Jewerly: Nothing.
    Footwear: nothing
    Accessories:
    Two metal water bottles, one with writing/logo for the 2010 class alumni of the University of Puget Sound. Black nylon backpack with numerous items: two dark colored t-shirts, a light colored long shirt/dress, purple above-the-knee length socks, a crochet scarf (black with orange or pink), a crotchet slouch-cap (orange with two brown bands near the hem, tennis shoes. All items small to medium in size.

    Identifiers
    Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is not available

    Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and entered
    DNA:
    Samples submitted - Tests not complete

    Case History:
    The remains of an adult female were discovered in a coastal region of the Umpqua River near Gardiner, Oregon.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    433
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/26978/

    White female, consistent age, matching timeline from the same county.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1,644
    It's driving me crazy that I can't read all of the words on the water bottle!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. CANADA Female body found in Ottawa River behind mint, Ont. 4 Sept 2016
    By dotr in forum The Unidentified
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-08-2016, 06:42 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-10-2014, 10:42 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-16-2013, 07:04 PM
  4. FL FL - Cocoa, Female body in Indian River, Sep'07
    By ShowerSinger in forum The Unidentified
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 08:46 PM

Tags for this Thread