1541 users online (244 members and 1297 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mother, child, 4, killed in mysterious accident

Mother, child, 4, killed in accident
    Cause and time of one-car accident remain unknown

39-year-old woman and her

4-year-old son died Tuesday morning after a mysterious crash in which the vehicle they were in slammed into an oak tree, troopers said.

Investigators did not know what time the accident occurred and were asking for the public's help in getting more information on the crash near the roadway leading to Haile Middle School on State Road 64, according to a Florida Highway Patrol news release.

When troopers arrived at the scene of the accident just after 7:30 a.m., they found Greyhawk Landings resident Laurinda E. Vajdik lying almost 35 feet away from her green Ford sport utility vehicle, said FHP Sgt. Norm Parks on Tuesday evening. Her son Jaret was found in the SUV.

"We don't know exactly what caused the driver to run off the road," Parks said. "But for some reason or the other, she veered off to the right and went off the roadway and struck the pedestrian crosswalk signal. She really lost control then."

More: http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradent...s/13117715.htm

Hmmm.....I wonder where she was going, or coming from. Sounds like a horrible crash, bad enough to rip the seat belt totally out!

How sad ...

I wonder if she swerved to avoid hitting a deer? I don't know anything about that area of Florida, but here in VA, it's rut season and the deer are EVERYWHERE. I've already had a few close calls this past month.

From the article:

"It could have probably happened between 1:30 a.m. to 7:20 a.m. or whenever they were found," Parks said. "We know that it was a while, (the vehicle) had time to cool off. That took at least an hour, maybe even more."

Does anyone here think that being out during those hours with a young child is peculiar?

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMom
    From the article:

"It could have probably happened between 1:30 a.m. to 7:20 a.m. or whenever they were found," Parks said. "We know that it was a while, (the vehicle) had time to cool off. That took at least an hour, maybe even more."

Does anyone here think that being out during those hours with a young child is peculiar?
    I didn't find that peculiar. When my son was little and would be sick, sometimes he'd have a hard time falling asleep. Many times I put him in the car and drove around at all hours of the night. Sometimes it was the ONLY thing that worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules
    I didn't find that peculiar. When my son was little and would be sick, sometimes he'd have a hard time falling asleep. Many times I put him in the car and drove around at all hours of the night. Sometimes it was the ONLY thing that worked.
    Ok. That makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMom
    Ok. That makes sense.
    Those were rough times... I'd be soooo tired too. I wonder if that is what happened here? Perhaps the same scenario and she fell asleep at the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules
    Those were rough times... I'd be soooo tired too. I wonder if that is what happened here? Perhaps the same scenario and she fell asleep at the wheel.
    I was wondering about falling asleep at the wheel, too. The article makes no mention of skid marks.

thats really sad

Oh, very, very sad maybe she fell asleep at the wheel, or an animal ran in front of the car -like a cat or dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    Oh, very, very sad maybe she fell asleep at the wheel, or an animal ran in front of the car -like a cat or dog.

I almost killed myself driving to work one day because I left the top down the night before in the garage and a spider crawled in my car and popped out while I was doing 70. Don't do that no more, but that's what I thought too, something caught her off guard.

Jeana! not that trarantula in the paper bag?

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    Jeana! not that trarantula in the paper bag?

No, that was an entirely different spider trauma.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    I almost killed myself driving to work one day because I left the top down the night before in the garage and a spider crawled in my car and popped out while I was doing 70. Don't do that no more, but that's what I thought too, something caught her off guard.

This has also happened to me! Pretty pathetic aint it!

The 7:20 am time frame could indicate she was dropping her child off for daycare or pre-school before going to work which should be easy to check.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast